Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

My brother got me into X-Men comics when I was a kid. Wolverine was my favourite at first and Gambit was my brother's. Around the Age of Apocalypse storyline I switched to Gambit being #1. In the early 2000s I realized that he's my favourite fictional character of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    My brother got me into X-Men comics when I was a kid. Wolverine was my favourite at first and Gambit was my brother's. Around the Age of Apocalypse storyline I switched to Gambit being #1. In the early 2000s I realized that he's my favourite fictional character of anything.
    Interesting. Gambit and X-ternals helped in AOA or what moment?

I remember being upset when Jean ditched Logan but then being even more bothered when Rogue chose Magneto. Then realized that I cared way more for Gambit. It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment but probably when Gambit took down the bad guy in Chronicles #2 with a charged rock in his belt and a cool kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I remember being upset when Jean ditched Logan but then being even more bothered when Rogue chose Magneto. Then realized that I cared way more for Gambit. It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment but probably when Gambit took down the bad guy in Chronicles #2 with a charged rock in his belt and a cool kick.
    That big guy is Wolverine? Not Logan. It was a really cool fight and great moment for Remy.

Yeah, he was called Wolverine. I remember being confused by that. Rogue took Magneto and ran but Gambit still saved the day.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGambit View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing him as Thor in the MCU, but I can't imagine Christ Hemsworth as Gambit at all. On the subject of casting, who would you like to see portray Remy if and when he makes it into the MCU? An established actor or an unknown? I'm leaning towards an unknown, but I suppose it doesn't matter as long as they have what it takes to pull off the part.

How did everyone here become a fan of Gambit? I'd imagine for a lot of you it was through the 90s animated series, but I never really watched that even though I was a kid at the time it was on. I can't really tell you exactly when I noticed the character of Gambit and became a fan of him, only that it happened. I've kind of got this gatekeeper syndrome about it, like I can't be a true fan of Gambit because of that, and it's really irritating but that's part of living with OCD.
    I've been reading about Gambit since the beginning, but I officially became a Gambit fan after his team-up with Cable during X-Tinction Agenda. Besides, during the 90's, characters wearing a trench-coat were totally cool and Gambit is definitely no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGambit View Post
    How did everyone here become a fan of Gambit? I'd imagine for a lot of you it was through the 90s animated series, but I never really watched that even though I was a kid at the time it was on. I can't really tell you exactly when I noticed the character of Gambit and became a fan of him, only that it happened. I've kind of got this gatekeeper syndrome about it, like I can't be a true fan of Gambit because of that, and it's really irritating but that's part of living with OCD.
    I became a fan of the character after watching him in the animated series. That was my introduction to the X-Men and he was the reason I got into Marvel comics.

I remember my older brother and I were just getting into Marvel comics via Mcfarlane SpiderMan and Marvel Trading Cards series 1. My folks had divorced and my Mom remarried and I gained a stepbrother. My stepbrother had a lot of comic books that my older brother and I didn’t. Issue 266 of Uncanny was the first X-book I had ever paged through and actually read. Later X-Men rebooted with number one of adjectiveless, already being farmiliar with Gambit my fandom grew from there. Here I am years later and he is still my favorite character no matter what.
    Last edited by X-sushi; 06-05-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X-sushi View Post
    I remember my older brother and I were just getting into Marvel comics via Mcfarlane SpiderMan and Marvel Trading Cards series 1. My folks had divorced and my Mom remarried and I gained a stepbrother. My stepbrother had a lot of comic books that my older brother and I didn’t. Issue 266 of Uncanny was the first X-book I had ever paged through and actually read. Later X-Men rebooted with number one of adjectiveless, already being farmiliar with Gambit my fandom grew from there. Here I am years later and he is still my favorite character no matter what.
    Very cool post!

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    I became a fan of the character after watching him in the animated series. That was my introduction to the X-Men and he was the reason I got into Marvel comics.
    My story is the same, bro

I'll ask y'all: Is Gambit's 1999 series worth buying?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Absolutely, it is
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Absolutely, it is
    I'm mainly just buying back issues these days, so I'm playing catch-up on stuff I missed between around '93 and Marvel Now. I'll probably go ahead and order them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Definitely. My favorite Gambit series.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Definitely. My favorite Gambit series.
    Sweet. I put in the order a few hours ago. Should have them by the end of the week.