Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau69 View Post
    Is this thread still alive?
    Hardly alive, really. Long time no see. How are you?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Gambit #3 Feb 1994
    The Benefactress
    Gambit arrives in Paris and gains an audience with Candra,

benefactress of the Thieves Guild and a woman with whom Gambit has a little personal history;
    She agrees to provide him with a vial of the Elixir of Life for Bella Donna but only if Remy is willing to kill his own father;
    Their negotiations are interrupted by Julien and his rogue assassins who are looking to gain the serum for themselves;

Gambit saves Candra from Julien and the assassins are driven off;
    Gambit receives a kiss for his heroism and leaves with his father but Candra quickly
    discovers that he stole the elixir off of her person during their moment of intimacy;

Candra tells the Tithe Collector to return to New Orleans and command both the Thieves and Assassins Guilds to kill Gambit as a traitor.

Script by Howard Mackie, pencils by Lee Weeks, inks by Klaus Janson
    Thanks for posting this beautiful piece of nostalgia. I have very fond memories of this Gambit's first mini and for me it was the first real introduction to his lore. Definitely loved reading this as a kid. I wish we could see Gambit and Candra confronting each other again in the comics. Keep these posts coming!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    MMX 9

I love how sleek this panel of Gambit looks and the bladerunner aesthetics of the mojoverse continues to impress. I'm really digging the art here. I wonder what Gambit's holding in his right hand there. I imagine it's some sort of grappling hook, I doubt it's a gun but I wouldn't be against the idea of Remy using his powers to charge up bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    This is the one I'm waiting to be released...had it in by BigBadToyStore basket for 3 months!

Attachment 79129
    This might be one of the best Gambit figures I've ever seen. It looks amazing and all of the special attachments are top notch. I really need to buy this one regardless of how expensive it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I love how sleek this panel of Gambit looks and the bladerunner aesthetics of the mojoverse continues to impress. I'm really digging the art here. I wonder what Gambit's holding in his right hand there. I imagine it's some sort of grappling hook, I doubt it's a gun but I wouldn't be against the idea of Remy using his powers to charge up bullets.

This might be one of the best Gambit figures I've ever seen. It looks amazing and all of the special attachments are top notch. I really need to buy this one regardless of how expensive it is.
    Yeah, definitely a grappling hook.

I don`t think that we posted Gambit X-Mas Special stories here.

MMX 9

Spectacular Member

I don`t think that we posted Gambit X-Mas Special stories here.

I liked these two Christmas stories. And I was genuinely surprised that Rosenberg didn't write Remy being clumsy or coming off in some negative way. I know Rosenberg hates Remy with a passion, he's openly admitted that on twitter and in podcasts. I guess he has some integrity to not let his personal feelings affect his writing on characters, which is the way it should be but isn't always the case.

Spectacular Member

MMX 9

Very sleek panel. I really like the art so far in these previews. It looks like Gambit probably threw some cards or just landed. I'm still wondering what exactly he's stealing and where in Mojoworld the heist is taking place.

Got at least three Gambit Heroclix figures coming this year, at long last.

An Xtas set is happening

and a X-men Regenesis mini set

this one will be re-painted and dialed into death-bit, to be a prize figure

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Got at least three Gambit Heroclix figures coming this year, at long last.

An Xtas set is happening

and a X-men Regenesis mini set

this one will be re-painted and dialed into death-bit, to be a prize figure
    Such things are always cool!

Looks like GnR might be getting on a team book... AiPT!: Alright, now for some character questions. Rogue and Gambit… meerah (@roguesugah) asked if these newlyweds would be on any team books coming up.

Image Credit: Marvel Comics

Jordan: So, again… you see how this would be considered a spoiler, right? If I had a book planned for later this year that had them as members that has not been announced or solicited yet, then me telling you the true fact that they are members of it is a spoiler. If I revealed that, I would just have to hope the writer of that book would not be mad at me for it, especially if it’s a team they’ve never been a part of before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau69 View Post
    Looks like GnR might be getting on a team book... AiPT!: Alright, now for some character questions. Rogue and Gambit… meerah (@roguesugah) asked if these newlyweds would be on any team books coming up.

Image Credit: Marvel Comics

Jordan: So, again… you see how this would be considered a spoiler, right? If I had a book planned for later this year that had them as members that has not been announced or solicited yet, then me telling you the true fact that they are members of it is a spoiler. If I revealed that, I would just have to hope the writer of that book would not be mad at me for it, especially if it’s a team they’ve never been a part of before.
    Sounds like a team book with Gambit and Rogue. If it is not X-Force then probably some not X book.

Wolverine: The Lost Trail Gives Fans The Gambit They've Been Waiting For

https://screenrant.com/wolverine-los...-fans-waiting/

"We don’t say “Gambit and Wolverine,” We say "Remy and Logan." We’re human first, and that strengthens the fun and the magic.”

"Some of the comics have a lot of Cajun going on, just in the text and the writing, and some don’t really touch it at all. We’re creating our own world, imagining what’s going to make sense for people to hear, what’s going to not take us out of it, what’s gonna let us really dive into it.”

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Wolverine: The Lost Trail Gives Fans The Gambit They've Been Waiting For

https://screenrant.com/wolverine-los...-fans-waiting/

"We don’t say “Gambit and Wolverine,” We say "Remy and Logan." We’re human first, and that strengthens the fun and the magic.”

"Some of the comics have a lot of Cajun going on, just in the text and the writing, and some don’t really touch it at all. We’re creating our own world, imagining what’s going to make sense for people to hear, what’s going to not take us out of it, what’s gonna let us really dive into it.”
    That's a relief to hear, honestly. I was worried in an audio-only format that Remy would come off as too much of a caricature
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's a relief to hear, honestly. I was worried in an audio-only format that Remy would come off as too much of a caricature
    His voice in audio preview sounds more as Gambit then actual Gambit in comics in latest 10 years. I am really excited for this.