Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Sold for 130 000 $

great for the artist ... but ... I don't like the art. I found Gambit far later with different art. But I'm glad for whomever bought this, its great.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Astonishing Member

Dang, that’s a lot of money. I agree about the art, though. But I suppose later better art doesn’t have the same pull and first issue.

Look at the date for the cover art. Comics were slow - as in - they take time to create. That issue wasn't released til August 1990 (see Marvel's info or other info place). It truly is a gem, I wouldn't have paid $130,000 for it but I can and do understand it.

Edit:

Reminds of when we found a published issue of Gambit by Lobdell. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. It was years later.

Fantastic Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._new_evidence/

Old theory video about Gambit Origin that he is Adam Essex.
    Decided to post it here again
    Thats interesting...but how could Gambit be Adam Essex. Maybe he was reborn by Sinister using Amanda Mueller or even Fontanelle whi was Mueller's daughter? Or maybe his body was preserved and he was cured? Sinister also had a kid who was supposedly stillborn but maybe not exactly? Or maybe he just was able to genrtically copy and clone Adam Essex? Just curious as to how you see it being possible

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Pitch mood boards for canceled GAMBIT feature film by Anthony Winn

Looks like the guy works in the industry so I think these are legit. Kind of have mixed feelings about this but it's kinda cool to see.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Pitch mood boards for canceled GAMBIT feature film by Anthony Winn

Looks like the guy works in the industry so I think these are legit. Kind of have mixed feelings about this but it's kinda cool to see.
    Thanks for sharing.
    It was interesting to see.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love that the artist was able to capture his very distinctive eyes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Marcus To

Marcus To
    Headsock still needs to go (trenchcoat too, tbh).

So does the marriage but we all know that.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Marcus To
    Very cool!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Headsock still needs to go (trenchcoat too, tbh).

So does the marriage but we all know that.
    I guess that I can understand why someone might want the headsock to go. I don't mind it, but I can see how fans can find it outdated.

But, why do you not like the trenchcoat ? I think that it is iconic to Gambit's look.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I guess that I can understand why someone might want the headsock to go. I don't mind it, but I can see how fans can find it outdated.

But, why do you not like the trenchcoat ? I think that it is iconic to Gambit's look.
    I love both the headsock and the trench coat for Gambit...I think they're both very iconic his look.
    With respect to how 'outdated' the headsock might be (I don't think it is)...I equate it with Storm's tiara...in that, as an accessory it's somewhat intrinsic to the character, now.

Oh...
    And his marriage with Rogue? It stays! Let's at least have ONE good thing to come out of Kittenheim's toxic landfill.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-27-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

IMO - The headsock is outdated, it serves no purpose for the costume. It doesn't even hold his hair back from his eyes. Artists have the obsession of making his hair gravity defying, again if his hair is going to stand up all the time, what is need.

I don't mind the trench but a shorter jacket so that he can get to pockets and things for his weapons, tools, etc would make more sense.

As for the marriage, not a fan of it. That romance is as outdated as some parts of Gambit's costume. Thats on Marvel for not doing anything with it for decades until recently. Holds not appeal for me.
    Last edited by Neko; 09-28-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    IMO - The headsock is outdated, it serves no purpose for the costume. It doesn't even hold his hair back from his eyes. Artists have the obsession of making his hair gravity defying, again if his hair is going to stand up all the time, what is need or actual

I don't mind the trench but a shorter jacket so that he can get to pockets and things for his weapons, tools, etc would make more sense.

As for the marriage, not a fan of it. That romance is as outdated as some parts of Gambit's costume. Thats on Marvel for not doing anything with it for decades until recently. Holds not appeal for me.
    I agree, Neko. Don’t worry, it’s only a matter of time until someone comes in and remembers how toxic their relationship is and gives divorce a chance. Leave no piece of Gold standing.