Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I agree, Neko. Don’t worry, it’s only a matter of time until someone comes in and remembers how toxic their relationship is and gives divorce a chance. Leave no piece of Gold standing.
    Yeah, the angst train that has rolling non-stop forever, even ffwriters can't do anything either without some sort of drama/angst. LOL

And there is such a thing as too much angst. IMO
    Last edited by Neko; 09-28-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Astonishing Member

No one touches the trench coat...it is sacrosanct! The head sock is flexible, because it would look weird in a mo is anyway. And what if the ‘angst’ stays low for a good while (it’s possible...)

Hooded variant of Gambit design for Excalibur.
    Glas that they didn`t chose it

He looks way too young there. I was like when did they bring a Teen version to present day?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He looks way too young there. I was like when did they bring a Teen version to present day?
    It is a sketch. He is around 26 now. Just recent artists were drawing him as 35-40 years old or Old Man Gambit, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is a sketch. He is around 26 now. Just recent artists were drawing him as 35-40 years old or Old Man Gambit, lol
    I know what it is; he still looks too young in it

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    IMO - The headsock is outdated, it serves no purpose for the costume. It doesn't even hold his hair back from his eyes. Artists have the obsession of making his hair gravity defying, again if his hair is going to stand up all the time, what is need.

I don't mind the trench but a shorter jacket so that he can get to pockets and things for his weapons, tools, etc would make more sense.

As for the marriage, not a fan of it. That romance is as outdated as some parts of Gambit's costume. Thats on Marvel for not doing anything with it for decades until recently. Holds not appeal for me.
    Granted I’m far far from a regular X-men reader but I absolutely love the marriage. Then again MMX was my first exposure to them in a very long time. So that is still fresh in my head and the chemistry and writing was so entertaining through out. Wondering if they will stay married though long term? Is the marriage considered canon because i really haven’t heard anything regarding them being married in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Granted I’m far far from a regular X-men reader but I absolutely love the marriage. Then again MMX was my first exposure to them in a very long time. So that is still fresh in my head and the chemistry and writing was so entertaining through out. Wondering if they will stay married though long term? Is the marriage considered canon because i really haven’t heard anything regarding them being married in Excalibur.
    I love marriage too and Gold 30 was beautiful I think To confrimed that they are married.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I like the hood. It makes him look like druid or something. It could easily be a thing where he doesn't wear it all of the time and for the most part it's just down, making his coat look like it usually does.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    The problem is nothing new was explored in the mini or MMX. It was a literal re-hash of Rogue and all of her issues. There wasn't anything fresh about it. It was same old material that had been around for decades.

It's not that marriage is terrible idea or anything. The problem was the angst to get there and the continued non new story ideas. Rogue acknowledging her issues is the only "new" thing. Gambit wasn't important to any of the stories told. IMO

Think of it like watching The X-Files or a show with a couple that aren't quite a couple and the whole 'will they' or 'won't they' thing with Mulder and Scully. After a while its boring and tedious. I know its an old example but there are plenty of examples in books, TV, or films. It's fatiguing. No wonder people don't care about marriage, its portrayed in negative ways.

Here is this couple that seem to have a thing for each other but all that is written is trust, power and bs past 'issues' that is taking center stage. That isn't new or refreshing for me. It's the same old thing that has been written for far too long, since 1990.

Just an idea, how about a more positive approach to not only them being a couple but marriage in general. Honestly, when you read those two sets of books, I don't even understand why they married each other.

My five cents worth.

I don't know what will happen in Excalibur and in fact, I still haven't put any Xbook on my list because I am no longer buying into the editors/writers lines of whatever to promote their books. They've not sold me on anything and its same old stuff. Just a different spin because of a change in writer. Again, imo.

Not debating you - just clarifying my point of view. Take for what its worth, which isn't much. LOL
    Last edited by Neko; 09-30-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

NYCC

The next question is about whether or not we'll see more about Gambit being a clone of Sinister. White says that it's an alternate future and so at this point, White doesn't think Gambit is a clone of Sinister in the main continuity.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    NYCC

The next question is about whether or not we'll see more about Gambit being a clone of Sinister. White says that it's an alternate future and so at this point, White doesn't think Gambit is a clone of Sinister in the main continuity.
    Thank fucking christ

Spectacular Member

New Gambit figure by Mezco https://marvelousnews.com/252-25810
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Thanks! Looks cool.

Last edited by Purplevit; 10-07-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Here's the pre-order link btw: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-gambit

Pretty tantalizing but I still don't know if I can justify it or not
    Make Good Art