Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    There is something bothering me on covers with Remy. Nearly in all covers he is holding a charged card. does he always do that? Why the artists can't find another pose? It gets really boring after a while (I2m not talking about the covers where all team members are drawn in a battle pose like the one above)
    I love his battle pose with card

Bill Heck has been Gambit on two of the last three episodes of Wolverine: The Lost Trail. The whole thing's a bit BBC Radio 4 afternoon drama, but it gives me all the feels that Gambit's voice is sweet cowboy Billy Knapp from Buster Scruggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Bill Heck has been Gambit on two of the last three episodes of Wolverine: The Lost Trail. The whole thing's a bit BBC Radio 4 afternoon drama, but it gives me all the feels that Gambit's voice is sweet cowboy Billy Knapp from Buster Scruggs.
    Heard a lot of bad feedback about Gambit in it so never bothered to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Heard a lot of bad feedback about Gambit in it so never bothered to try it.
    Bill Heck is good and obviously going to play a bigger part in the last few episodes. It's an AU and he's serving as a sort of plot connecting device between Wolverine and Weapon X. He's either going to be a lot smarter and less full of **** than he's first portrayed, or he's just full of crap but smarter than Logan.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, I really liked Bill Heck in Buster Scruggs. He's pretty good in TLT as Gambit from what I've listened to so far, but I wish they gave him a little more to work with. Either way, it's pretty cool that Gambit is really the only major X-Man in the series so far (other than Wolverine, of course).
    Make Good Art

Gambit Guild website is currently under attack and has been for 3 days, it is now blocked to protect other sites that live on the same server. It's called a Distributed Denial of Service attack. I have no options at this time.

I do like the covers for Excalibur. I don't like the blue and yellow costume on Gambit, can't recall which book that was for.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Gambit Guild website is currently under attack and has been for 3 days, it is now blocked to protect other sites that live on the same server. It's called a Distributed Denial of Service attack. I have no options at this time.

I do like the covers for Excalibur. I don't like the blue and yellow costume on Gambit, can't recall which book that was for.
    Wasn't that his costume when he first joined the X-Men? I didn't really like anyone in those costumes tbh
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Wasn't that his costume when he first joined the X-Men? I didn't really like anyone in those costumes tbh
    No, I don't think it was his costume when he first joined. I think it was when they were doing the blue and gold teams. I could be wrong.

Yeah, I really liked Bill Heck in Buster Scruggs. He's pretty good in TLT as Gambit from what I've listened to so far, but I wish they gave him a little more to work with. Either way, it's pretty cool that Gambit is really the only major X-Man in the series so far (other than Wolverine, of course).
    I like Richard Armitage well enough, but he can't keep his accent consistent and Wolverine's written as kind of a golden-hearted-bezerker dunce. Bill Heck's Gambit is the only actor not stuck in a loop of 'Oh-no-bad-people-are-after-me' and 'help-me-Logan'. I'd listen to him and fast forward through the rest of it.

Astonishing Member

What kind of jerk hackers go after small, fan site? Geez, some people in this world...

No, I don't think it was his costume when he first joined. I think it was when they were doing the blue and gold teams. I could be wrong.
    Edit: What Jumpyshark said below

I like Richard Armitage well enough, but he can't keep his accent consistent and Wolverine's written as kind of a golden-hearted-bezerker dunce. Bill Heck's Gambit is the only actor not stuck in a loop of 'Oh-no-bad-people-are-after-me' and 'help-me-Logan'. I'd listen to him and fast forward through the rest of it.
    Yeah, I like Armitage ok, I just think the writing this season hasn't been as good as the first. Definitely agree about Gambit, though.
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 08-15-2019 at 12:56 PM.
    Make Good Art

They were wearing them from Uncanny #275* through the Muir Island Saga, before they got new costumes on the Blue and Gold Teams. Here's the #277 cover with Remy on it:

* https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_275

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    They were wearing them from Uncanny #275* through the Muir Island Saga, before they got new costumes on the Blue and Gold Teams. Here's the #277 cover with Remy on it:

* https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_275
    I remember that cover. I like the grittiness but there is so much not right with it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    What kind of jerk hackers go after small, fan site? Geez, some people in this world...
    According to my tech support - China - there are 100's of IP's hitting the site every second from there. Why, who knows. My friend thinks someone is practicing their "hacking" and picked a small site to use their bot on. I'll let time do its thing, they have to get bored at some point, right? Or pass the class? I don't know. LOL
    Last edited by Neko; 08-15-2019 at 01:58 PM.

I remember that cover. I like the grittiness but there is so much not right with it. LOL
    I remember thinking for the longest time that the spearhead thing at the end Gambit's weapon was some sort of electrical discharge since I always associated Gambit with only fighting with a bo staff. I'm ashamed with how long it took me to figure Gambit's powers out as a kid haha
    Make Good Art

I remember thinking for the longest time that the spearhead thing at the end Gambit's weapon was some sort of electrical discharge since I always associated Gambit with only fighting with a bo staff. I'm ashamed with how long it took me to figure Gambit's powers out as a kid haha
    Covers are misleading. Gambit has a sword and a spear .... in the books, he seldom uses those weapons. I've bought so many of the same books based on covers. I'm glad I don't do that now. LOL

Now, I know better and buy covers I want. And not 20 of the same book because of a cover. LOL