Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Just you wait...When Channing Tatum's Gambit movie comes out in 2034 your gonna look so silly!
    Just quoting for good measure.

Yeah, dude, it's sad but Marvel doesn't really seem to like Gambit a whole lot. At least not their writers. KT excluded but that's just my opinion of course.

Either way, I know a lot of you aren't happy with his current status but it is still the most attention he has been given in YEARS.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Daredevil's character is Blindspot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Daredevil's character is Blindspot.
    Oh ok, I looked him up and of course there are obvious similarities like the thieving and acrobatic skills. How annoying, at least blindspot seems to be a very minor character so we don't have to worry about him appearing in non-Daredevil stuff and he doesn't seem to have much of an established personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Just quoting for good measure.

Yeah, dude, it's sad but Marvel doesn't really seem to like Gambit a whole lot. At least not their writers. KT excluded but that's just my opinion of course.
    You're right. Remy has more fans outside of Marvel, I know the other 2 writers from Uncanny don't like him and Matt Rosenberg really hates him. Also Ryan Penagos, who's like a social media presence for Marvel, also hates him but then posted a panel of from MMX #8 saying that Kelly Thompson is making him like Gambit. But then Fabian Nicieza called him out asking him how one panel was able to change his mind but not 12 issues of Nicieza's incredibly well received Gambit solo series from 1999-2000: https://twitter.com/FabianNicieza/st...49303499464704

Then Ryan Penagos tries to save face by admitting that he never read the series because he was supposedly busy with college and I also highly doubt he has actually read any major issues with Gambit in it. This leads me to believe that many of the haters haven't actually read many of Gambit's appearances in comics and just base their hate on the thought that he's just a lecherous womanizer but don't actually know anything about the character. I'm willing to bet Ryan Penagos literally has only watched an episode of the XMen cartoon and one X-men comic where Gambit is hitting on Rogue or somebody else, and just based his hatred for him on that because he himself (like many other men within Marvel) were insecure when it came to those things

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post

Either way, I know a lot of you aren't happy with his current status but it is still the most attention he has been given in YEARS.
    I'm not really unhappy/pissed at MMX or Gambit's current status. It's much better than some of the dark years of 2014-2017 where he was barely featured at all and it seemed like Marvel was just abandoning him and his fans (of which there were once many in the 90s). As for MMX, I don't hate it but I also don't love it. As a Gambit fan it just seems very mediocre. Thompson is vastly better than some of the atrocious writers from the past like Peter Milligan but at the same time it's getting more and more obvious that she doesn't care for the character at all outside of when he's Rogue's significant other who is only defined by his love for Rogue to the point that he seems like a lovestruck puppy who's a pushover. I am happy he's been featured more this past year and at the least I can give Thompson props for writing him as being very very mature and supportive towards Rogue. But it's depressing that these days he is literally only defined by his interactions with Rogue and even then he hasn't developed since 2011 (back when he was already all in on Rogue according to the Harbor Speech he gave).

I would enjoy MMX much much more if in one arc Rogue's powers were addressed and in another arc Remy's powers/ties to the Guild/ties to Sinister were addressed. And if one arc Remy shows his support/devotion and in the other we FINALLY get to see the same from Rogue. That would go a long way to answering the question: Does Rogue love Remy or does she just love the idea of having someone always at your whim you can go back to if everything/everyone else you try fails?
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 02-23-2019 at 04:22 PM.

This book is not fun to read unless you romy … there is no equality. Its all about Rogue. Gambit is nobody in this book. How is that not seen ... is beyond me. Enjoy it for those that romy .. and if this is the best Gambit for you. Great.
    Last edited by Neko; 02-24-2019 at 02:48 AM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

That's always struck me as one of the weird aspects of work-for-hire comics. As much as I don't want anyone's creativity to be limited, I'm not sure that writers' personal preferences should enter into how they write a company's characters. In this case, the writers are custodians of Marvel's characters, and should do them as much justice as possible. If they don't like a character and that character is popular, they need to figure out why and do the best they can with them. Otherwise, they're just damaging the company's property.

And, as much as I do like MMX, I do think Gambit could be served a little better in most issues. It's part of why I really loved the last issue. I thought he got to shine in multiple ways. The story was more about him driving the action. I'm excited for the heist next issue.

IMO -

It's weird. I can't help but think .. Stockholm syndrome with this fan base, those who are enjoying this version of Gambit do not care that he's not showcased beyond action scenes. It doesn't matter that he's nothing in the book. And its deemed good because well, he's in something.

I am a hard core Gambit fan and this is the first time in years, that I don't want to support him because there isn't much of him to embrace.

I don't want to read about Rogue ... she isn't a character I'm vested in, and it makes it difficult to support a book where the only character getting story is the one I don't like.
    Last edited by Neko; 02-24-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I know this is going to be stupid to some but as I was looking for something else in this comic I came across this Gambit. His hair is hysterically tall - even taller than Speedballs.

I present you with... Infinity War # 2 Gambit!

He must use a lot of sculpting gel. I don't know why the fudge my scanner has been pixelating my images so bad lately... damn it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-24-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I know this is going to be stupid to some but as I was looking for something else in this comic I came across this Gambit. His hair is hysterically tall - even taller than Speedballs.

He must use a lot of sculpting gel. I don't know why the fudge my scanner has been pixelating my images so bad lately... damn it.
    Cool! Is it Madrox near him?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Cool! Is it Madrox near him?
    Yes, indeedy! That be him!

Yes, indeedy! That be him!
    My 2 favorite characters

MMX 9

Spectacular Member

Great nostalgia find. I never actually bought Infinity Wars from the 90s, just leafed through it at the comic store way back in the day so I had completely forgotten about this. This might be the craziest hairstyle Gambit's had with how ridiculously tall is hair is, lol. Remy really has gone to many different barbers/salons throughout his history.

MMX 9

Thanks for posting this preview pic. The art looks sleek and Gambit looks agile. I'm not sure what exactly he's doing other than maybe jumping off a building. Also I wonder if Gambit has gotten yet another outfit change or if it's the same one he wore from issue #7. This outfit looks kinda similar to his noir outfit from issue #7 but it might be just be another outfit.

Now I know by whicj design they were influenced for Gambit Legends.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Now I know by whicj design they were influenced for Gambit Legends.
    The guy responsible for this custom was definitely influenced...

maxresdefault.jpg
    L'Enfer !