Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

I'm a big fan of Gambit, he's my favorite Marvel character! I'm currently building up a nice collection of Gambit-related reading material. I've got both volumes 1 and 2 of Gambit: The Complete Collection, X-Men Origins: Gambit, the Rogue and Gambit TPB, and the complete collection of Asmus's run, which I'm currently reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkwell View Post
    I'm a big fan of Gambit, he's my favorite Marvel character! I'm currently building up a nice collection of Gambit-related reading material. I've got both volumes 1 and 2 of Gambit: The Complete Collection, X-Men Origins: Gambit, the Rogue and Gambit TPB, and the complete collection of Asmus's run, which I'm currently reading.
    Cool! Awesome collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Cool! Awesome collection.
    Thanks! I forgot to mention I've also got the Thieves' World TPB, every issue of Mr. and Mrs. X released thus far, and X-Men #8 (Gambit vs. Bishop), Uncanny X-Men 313 (Gambit and Storm vs. the Phalanx), Gambit and the Xternals, X-Men Gold #30, and a Marvel Legends Gambit figure. I know I probably sound like some 90s nostalgic Gambit fanboy, but honestly I'm not. I never actually paid much attention to the X-Men in the 90s, was too busy fanboying over Power Rangers. Sometimes I wish I could go back so I could be a 90s Gambit fanboy.

I think what really draws me to Gambit, aside from the uniqueness of his character and design (where else you going to find a Cajun master thief who wears pink?) is the versatility of his character. He can be used equally well in light-hearted fun adventure or something with a more serious tone. He can be a devil-may-care swashbuckling thief one moment, a tormented soul the next, then a wisecracking hero and yet have it all fit together as a cohesive, three-dimensional character.

I think what really draws me to Gambit, aside from the uniqueness of his character and design (where else you going to find a Cajun master thief who wears pink?) is the versatility of his character. He can be used equally well in light-hearted fun adventure or something with a more serious tone. He can be a devil-may-care swashbuckling thief one moment, a tormented soul the next, then a wisecracking hero and yet have it all fit together as a cohesive, three-dimensional character.
    I really like this summary! He did the man of mystery thing so well, but then managed to transition into someone with a past you want to see more of with the Thieves Guild, the Assassins Guild, New Orleans and Sinister etc. That's hard to pull off - and he's dang funny at times, but can still be serious. Charming, flirty, loyal, dude has so many cool facets to his character.

And the pink and the boots. To reiterate.

Thanks! I forgot to mention I've also got the Thieves' World TPB, every issue of Mr. and Mrs. X released thus far, and X-Men #8 (Gambit vs. Bishop), Uncanny X-Men 313 (Gambit and Storm vs. the Phalanx), Gambit and the Xternals, X-Men Gold #30, and a Marvel Legends Gambit figure. I know I probably sound like some 90s nostalgic Gambit fanboy, but honestly I'm not. I never actually paid much attention to the X-Men in the 90s, was too busy fanboying over Power Rangers. Sometimes I wish I could go back so I could be a 90s Gambit fanboy.

Yes. He is a very complex character. That is why he is hard to write, I think. It is hard to make mysterious, supportive, dangerous, fun, romantic etc character in 1. Usually writers are writing more one sided Gambit.

BANNED

He justs wants to me an X-Men again. I wonder if he will get his chance before UXM ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    He justs wants to me an X-Men again. I wonder if he will get his chance before UXM ends.
    Rosenberg hates Remy. I am sure that Gambit won't appear in UXM.

Gambit has too many haters among the writers.

BANNED

I just wanted a Blue Team reunion
    Scott
    Logan
    Gambit
    Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    I just wanted a Blue Team reunion
    Scott
    Logan
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Me too. Definitely would love that. 90`s Blue is my favorite team ever.

Off topic from Gambit stuff but holy **** Purp’s House of X fan art got a shout out by Marte Gracia, the colorist of that book.

Well deserved. Congrats Purp!
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Me too. Definitely would love that. 90`s Blue is my favorite team ever.
    Agreed. My all-time favorite team-up was when the Blue Team combined forces with Ghost Rider to battle against the Brood in the crossover classic "Brood Trouble in the Big Easy" (1992).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-20-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added proper date.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Off topic from Gambit stuff but holy **** Purp’s House of X fan art got a shout out by Marte Gracia, the colorist of that book.
    I got sleep and missed this. Thank you! You made my morning.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well deserved. Congrats Purp!
    Thanks, my friend!

MMX 11.