Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    She absolutely knows whether or not they’re still married (they will be, but for how much longer), she’s just not writing them.
    Well. Gambit and Roguebcan die in MMX 12. All X-Men are dead and Xavoer is making a relaunch.

Hickman killed almost everyone before Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Yes, finally someone realize that having the eyes of a vampire is not ideal for an undercover mission, nice touch in my opinion.

So she said she doesn't know and even if she did know she wouldn't say, so basically a non-answer, or am I reading it wrong?
    I think lenses panel is great. I love that he used them on a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Well. Gambit and Roguebcan die in MMX 12. All X-Men are dead and Xavoer is making a relaunch.

Hickman killed almost everyone before Secret Wars.
    I don’t think we’re gonna get the “ROCK FALLS, EVERYONE DIES” ending, but if we did I’d laugh my ass off.

I kinda hope Duggan is writing them.

I don’t think we’re gonna get the “ROCK FALLS, EVERYONE DIES” ending, but if we did I’d laugh my ass off.

It will kinda fun. Noone cared about AOX because mutants will be back. And the end reveal that they all really died 5 monthes ago and noone cared.

Like Locke in Lost show.

She absolutely knows whether or not they’re still married (they will be, but for how much longer), she’s just not writing them.
    I suppose so, but can't say anything and thats fine. The 'not much longer' is a hope for me but I never wanted them married to begin with. I certainly didn't want 15 (mini included) issues from one side and about one topic. Perhaps, half way in, a different writer should have taken over. I get it, contracts and all. I think some of the dislike would have been less for me if there had been someone else writing this couple. IMO.

I think I would laugh too. I also hope not everyone dies either. Still, a relaunch is a good thing. Marvel needs to clean things up a bit. Especially if ignoring continuity is the new thing.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

KELLY THOMPSON
    @79SemiFinalist
    ·
    Apparently this needs FURTHER clarification as I see people screencapping it & using it in arguments. When I say I'm not writing the books - I was referring to HOX & POX. As to everything else I cannot comment either way - those are PR Announcements that Marvel will be handling!

Yeah if KT still has Gambit and Rogue then I will continue to not spend money on this ****.

MMX 11 did appear interesting. To bad, KT waited 16 issues in her run to perhaps focus on Gambit in any meaningful way although he does spend half the time worrying about Rogue. I wonder if Rogue is as fixated on Gambit in her appearance in Carol's book.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah if KT still has Gambit and Rogue then I will continue to not spend money on this ****.

MMX 11 did appear interesting. To bad, KT waited 16 issues in her run to perhaps focus on Gambit in any meaningful way although he does spend half the time worrying about Rogue. I wonder if Rogue is as fixated on Gambit in her appearance in Carol's book.
    Lol they didn’t even talk about her being married.

Me too.

The writer didn't care about Gambit beyond love interest and Rogue is horrible toward him.

Too much Rogue stuff .... So, we're treated to more of this ... well, I'm out too.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-18-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Incredible Member

I loved it!

Spectacular Member

Kelly Thompson writes Gambit just fine. He has gotten plenty of love in MMX and will especially in the coming issue. If stories seem superficially like they're about Rogue that's only because, amazingly, things that affect his wife will naturally also affect Gambit. Especially with regard to whether he can touch her. The only part that was exclusively about Rogue was her psychological journey in #9, and then only the parts where she wasn't talking about Remy, because her fear discussed in that issue is intrinsically connected to their relationship. Everything else has been about them as a pair, like it's supposed to be. And they are approached. In a way where Remy has agency and his own feelings and Rogue is confronted with her mistakes in her past behaviour.

I think some people just went in to the book expecting one thing so much they had confirmation bias regardless of the actual content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Kelly Thompson writes Gambit just fine. He has gotten plenty of love in MMX and will especially in the coming issue. If stories seem superficially like they're about Rogue that's only because, amazingly, things that affect his wife will naturally also affect Gambit. Especially with regard to whether he can touch her. The only part that was exclusively about Rogue was her psychological journey in #9, and then only the parts where she wasn't talking about Remy, because her fear discussed in that issue is intrinsically connected to their relationship. Everything else has been about them as a pair, like it's supposed to be. And they are approached. In a way where Remy has agency and his own feelings and Rogue is confronted with her mistakes in her past behaviour.

I think some people just went in to the book expecting one thing so much they had confirmation bias regardless of the actual content.
    Or maybe the book was a collection of half-assed fanfic prompts strung together to form a loose narrative about something that no one gave a **** about. With baby faced art and bland coloring to boot.

Mark my words, Kelly Thompson’s time with these characters will be short and if Hickman doesn’t end their marriage the second he gets the chance his run will suffer for it.

Or maybe the book was a collection of half-assed fanfic prompts strung together to form a loose narrative about something that no one gave a **** about. With baby faced art and bland coloring to boot.
    wow, great description of the book. Gambit is a purse that can jump and throw cards.
    The positive is ... she didn't write him, so he's an open slate for another writer. LOL

He is forgettable, and he's not the only thing forgettable ...

There are two issues left to make an impression for Gambit, 15 issues too late.

Mark my words, Kelly Thompson’s time with these characters will be short and if Hickman doesn’t end their marriage the second he gets the chance his run will suffer for it.
    I will mark your words and believe because she should not be writing Gambit. She can take Rogue, I don't care.

Re: Agency
    What? He does nothing in this book but jump and throw cards. He has no story, he gets no story. Is this a joke that I'm not getting? Probably. I'll accept that, no need to explain to me.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-18-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Lol they didn’t even talk about her being married.
    That would have been my guess.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post

From the mini to now, the story has been about Rogue's journey. Rogue's journey to accept Gambit and Rogue's journey to get over her issues with control. Gambit is just there to help her along that journey.