Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...om-figure-eaa/

Gambit Is Here to Sweet Talk with New Beast Kingdom Figure
    I need that right now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...om-figure-eaa/

Gambit Is Here to Sweet Talk with New Beast Kingdom Figure
    Hmm, I guess we finally know what Gambit would have looked like as a character in the movie Puppet Master...
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Posted in MMX thread.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 12-04-2019 at 11:10 AM.

This made me chuckle, taken from Todd Naucks twitter...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    This made me chuckle, taken from Todd Naucks twitter...

Ok Todd Nauck needs his own book about stuff this, like, yesterday!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ok Todd Nauck needs his own book about stuff this, like, yesterday!
    Agreed. He seems like a really fun guy on his instagram. I'd love to see him do something like this
    Make Good Art

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Agreed. He seems like a really fun guy on his instagram. I'd love to see him do something like this
    I feel like him on a Gambit solo series would be an absolute masterpiece ya know!

I feel like him on a Gambit solo series would be an absolute masterpiece ya know!
    I could see that! His style comes off as kind of cartoon-y sometimes, but I wouldn't be opposed to that. That's how X-Men '92 was and I was one (of few) who enjoyed that run
    Make Good Art

BANNED

I could see that! His style comes off as kind of cartoon-y sometimes, but I wouldn't be opposed to that. That's how X-Men '92 was and I was one (of few) who enjoyed that run
    Dude, I adored that run, what wasn't to like??? It cherry picked the best elements of the 90's and expanded upon it in the best possible way; it was as funny as it could be heart-breaking! Who the hell didn't like that???

Also, in the context of Gambit, assuming you go for a lighter tone, cartoon-y is 100% the best approach; he's got great figures which come across really energetic and loose from that stylisation, perfect for moving Remy around from panel to panel!

Dude, I adored that run, what wasn't to like??? It cherry picked the best elements of the 90's and expanded upon it in the best possible way; it was as funny as it could be heart-breaking! Who the hell didn't like that???

Also, in the context of Gambit, assuming you go for a lighter tone, cartoon-y is 100% the best approach; he's got great figures which come across really energetic and loose from that stylisation, perfect for moving Remy around from panel to panel!
    You're preaching to the choir, my friend haha. I can't speak for those who didn't like it, but I did remember seeing a lot of comments from people saying they didn't like how cartoon-y it was. I really liked the style, though.

I thought it really brought out the vibrancy and fun of the 90s show while also hitting on a lot of the themes. And, like you said, the lighter tone can bring out the energy in the style. Now I just want to re-read X-Men 92 lol
    Make Good Art

BANNED

You're preaching to the choir, my friend haha. I can't speak for those who didn't like it, but I did remember seeing a lot of comments from people saying they didn't like how cartoon-y it was. I really liked the style, though.

I thought it really brought out the vibrancy and fun of the 90s show while also hitting on a lot of the themes. And, like you said, the lighter tone can bring out the energy in the style. Now I just want to re-read X-Men 92 lol
    Well weren't they all just soulless, lol! I mean, c'mon of course it looked cartoon-y, the tone was way lighter than like, Weapon X!

Ah man same! Like, literally my one criticism of the run was that we needed more Gambit; but then what we did get of him was so poignant I'm willing to forgive! <3 (It's also what made me fall in love with Cassandra Nova, the whimsical little psycho!)

This will always be one of my favourite panels. Pure Scumbit from TAS with the note, but also getting that Remy has developed so far beyond any simple archetypes/the 90s cartoon. X-Men '92 was a gift - I think that Alti Firmansyah is great. The Star Lord and Kitty Pryde mini she drew for Secret Wars is a delight too*.

*Hellooooo, Gambit the Collector:
    Last edited by Jumpyshark; 12-10-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Well weren't they all just soulless, lol! I mean, c'mon of course it looked cartoon-y, the tone was way lighter than like, Weapon X!

Ah man same! Like, literally my one criticism of the run was that we needed more Gambit; but then what we did get of him was so poignant I'm willing to forgive! <3 (It's also what made me fall in love with Cassandra Nova, the whimsical little psycho!)
    Yeah, he wasn't as deep as he could have been, but, again, it was a fun version of him and I really liked how they did his relationship with Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

This will always be one of my favourite panels.
    Yesssss. I loved that panel haha I still bring it up randomly with my SO bc we both find it hilarious
    Make Good Art