Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah, I like a lot of the recent Gambit artists, but when I think of Gambit I still think of Skroce's version. Doesn't hurt that the Gambit series that he drew was really good.
    Me too.
    10 char

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Question to Gambit fans if the fox film doesn't happen which seems likely would you prefer a MCU movie or Disney+ Mini Series?
    A movie would be cool for a bigger budget, but I would personally prefer a mini series to get more time to dive deeper into his lore and backstory
    Make Good Art

Question to Gambit fans if the fox film doesn't happen which seems likely would you prefer a MCU movie or Disney+ Mini Series?
    I would prefer a Movie.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Andy Kubert's Gambit is MY Gambit.

Similar to Jim Lee's work, but Kurbet really leaned into Remy's dangerous and secretive characterisation.

Attachment 77675

Attachment 77676

Andy Kubert is another legend in my eyes. His work on Gambit defined a lot of Remy's history and biggest moments. He definitely played a big role in popularizing him in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    A lot of good Gambit artists were mentioned in this thread so far.

My favorite is Steve Skroce.

His Gambit is screaming agility, speed, skills and dangerous charm. The way he should be.

Steve Skroce's art in Fabian Nicieza's Gambit solo was amazing. He was just born to draw Gambit in action set pieces with how flawlessly he drew him using his agility and powers. Bazaldua does a pretty good job with Gambit in action sequences but nobody he's not quite at the level of Skroce in that regard (not sure anybody that's drawn Gambit is at Skroce's level when it comes to action).

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah, I like a lot of the recent Gambit artists, but when I think of Gambit I still think of Skroce's version. Doesn't hurt that the Gambit series that he drew was really good.

I also like the art that Clay Mann, Chris Bachalo, and Sana Takada did with Gambit.
    Yea I agree Skroce is definitely one of the best artists that drew Gambit, he drew every aspect of Gambit, whether it was action or non-action panels, so well in his solo from 99. Clay Mann is also up there as one of the best for me. I nearly forgot about Sana Takeda's work drawing Gambit during Marjorie Liu's run on X-23, she also did an excellent job. I wish we could get some of these artists back to draw more Gambit.

Spectacular Member

I think there are pros and cons to both, obviously I would watch Gambit on whatever screen he appears on. Gambit would probably get more focus and screen time in a mini-series/tv series since those types of series usually have more time to develop and establish their characters. A mini-series/tv series would probably give us a better adaption of Gambit, the downside is that those types of series usually aren't watched by the same amount of people that watch a major movie and aren't as good attracting new fans unless they do well via word of mouth. If Gambit were to appear in a major movie with other X-men he definitely wouldn't get as much screen time which would make it harder to give him adequate character development so a director would have less time to put out a proper adaption of Gambit on the big screen. The upside is that many more people would watch a major Xmen movie in theaters so many more people would get exposed to Gambit and Gambit would have a lot to gain (mainly fans) if he's represented well in the movie or even if he just appeals to fans. This would honestly be different in a Gambit solo movie but I don't know if Disney would feature Remy in his own solo movie quite yet, I think there's a greater chance of them featuring him in an Xmen movie with other Xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Interesting preview pic and definitely a cool action panel. I don't know if I've ever seen Gambit just punch someone and cause them to blow up since usually he's only been able to charge inorganic/non-living matter. Maybe he punched Spiral and charged her clothes as soon as his punch landed causing the explosion. Definitely an awesome way for him to use his powers, I would like to see more of this. Also, I wonder what's gonna happen in Issue 8 of Mr. & Mrs. X since it seems that Spiral and Remy are gonna have a big part in it (hopefully). The first preview pic seemed to show them meeting each other and the cover for the issue seems to show them hitting it off well.

tumblr_plr0a8UOe01qifkq2_500.jpg

Skroce was amazing with action sequences. I remember he did the storyboards for the first Matrix film too around the same time.

I'll add Adam Kubert as well, Pere Perez, Chris Bachalo, Sal Larroca (sometimes). David Marquez, not just for Gold #30, he's drawn some really nice Gambit sketches if you Google it.

MCU Movie. It's just more sexier for a comic book character to make it on the big screen. I look at characters like Gamora, Groot, Star-Lord etc...they were once so obscure in the world of comics...and now look at what the Guardians movies have done for them...

I'd be delighted for a mini series too, but Gambit can really add something new and fresh in X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    David Marquez, not just for Gold #30, he's drawn some really nice Gambit sketches if you Google it.
    Hot. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Hot. Damn.

Wow. Now that's a dashing Gambit
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    MCU Movie. It's just more sexier for a comic book character to make it on the big screen. I look at characters like Gamora, Groot, Star-Lord etc...they were once so obscure in the world of comics...and now look at what the Guardians movies have done for them...

I'd be delighted for a mini series too, but Gambit can really add something new and fresh in X-Men movies.
    Agreed, with the right actor I can see audiences loving the character. He is one of the few mutant characters that doesn't moan about being a mutant and enjoys being special. I think we need that counter balance in the adaptation of X-Men
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Hot. Damn.

Very cool! Marquez is awesome.

Spectacular Member

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR AGE OF X-MAN ALPHA

Actually, it's not a spoiler per se but anyways,

Age of X-Man has a different history than 616. Many things happened differently we don't know the specifics yet.

There is a scene where Bishop's mind and past is "read" and we see Gambit. Since Remy is not in Age of X-Man I wonder what was that scene between him and bishop, and what happened to him.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Looks like an alternate reality version of Gambit and Bishop's first encounter in X-Men #8. Same composition but costumes are different.

Ciwl6c5WUAEYeAd.jpg
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post

Interesting preview pic and definitely a cool action panel. I don't know if I've ever seen Gambit just punch someone and cause them to blow up since usually he's only been able to charge inorganic/non-living matter. Maybe he punched Spiral and charged her clothes as soon as his punch landed causing the explosion. Definitely an awesome way for him to use his powers, I would like to see more of this. Also, I wonder what's gonna happen in Issue 8 of Mr. & Mrs. X since it seems that Spiral and Remy are gonna have a big part in it (hopefully). The first preview pic seemed to show them meeting each other and the cover for the issue seems to show them hitting it off well.

tumblr_plr0a8UOe01qifkq2_500.jpg
    I have suggested before that Gambit should be able to charge the air around him to create a shield or increase the power of his punches so hopefully this is an example of that.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I have suggested before that Gambit should be able to charge the air around him to create a shield or increase the power of his punches so hopefully this is an example of that.
    That would be really cool to see. This may be a dumb question, but wouldn't the air around him count as organic material?
    Make Good Art