Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

How we use the term air is organic as are playing cards as both have carbon.

As the MU uses the term, no because they are using it to refer to living organisms and air is not a living organism.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    A lot of good Gambit artists were mentioned in this thread so far.

My favorite is Steve Skroce.
    I like Skroce. I got into him through his Spider-Man. His Gambit is, of course, excellent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah, I like a lot of the recent Gambit artists, but when I think of Gambit I still think of Skroce's version. Doesn't hurt that the Gambit series that he drew was really good.
    I don't know the ones I was looking at were a bit pretty for my tastes. Maybe I was looking at the wrong ones. Because I just did a search and me likey.

I forgot to mention early Yu. I quite liked his Gambit. Very rugged and handsome. I also liked his redesign with the scarf. I know that run gets a lot of hate, though.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-30-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    How we use the term air is organic as are playing cards as both have carbon.

As the MU uses the term, no because they are using it to refer to living organisms and air is not a living organism.
    Ah, ok. Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

I forgot to mention early Yu. I quite liked his Gambit. Very rugged and handsome. I also liked his redesign with the scarf. I know that run gets a lot of hate, though.

Yes! I love that issue (or at least that part of that issue). Just re-read it not too long ago. Definitely a Gambit scene that stuck with me when I was first getting into comics
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Looks like an alternate reality version of Gambit and Bishop's first encounter in X-Men #8. Same composition but costumes are different.

Attachment 77805
    Yes, that was my first thought also. However, since Gambit was not on the final battle between Nate and X-Men I did not expect that there will be any gambit on "Age of X-Man"s past. Since Gambit is not there now it means they think that something happened to him (like wolvie, cyke and prof X). I wonder if they will ever give an explanation about that.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    Yes, that was my first thought also. However, since Gambit was not on the final battle between Nate and X-Men I did not expect that there will be any gambit on "Age of X-Man"s past. Since Gambit is not there now it means they think that something happened to him (like wolvie, cyke and prof X). I wonder if they will ever give an explanation about that.
    My guess is that Nate is tethering his fake reality to real memories (albeit slightly altered) so that the X-men accept their new reality more easily.
    L'Enfer !

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Skroce was amazing with action sequences. I remember he did the storyboards for the first Matrix film too around the same time.

I'll add Adam Kubert as well, Pere Perez, Chris Bachalo, Sal Larroca (sometimes). David Marquez, not just for Gold #30, he's drawn some really nice Gambit sketches if you Google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Hot. Damn.

Wow, yeah I had forgotten how good David Marquez is. His art in Gold #30 and in other stuff was pretty incredible. Those sketches are really special, he needs to draw Gambit more.

Spectacular Member

Agreed, with the right actor I can see audiences loving the character. He is one of the few mutant characters that doesn't moan about being a mutant and enjoys being special. I think we need that counter balance in the adaptation of X-Men

I think finding the right actor would be hugely important but good writing and good plot would help tremendously. I don't want Gambit to just be wall paper in a movie or to be in a crappy Xmen movie that everyone hates. But honestly it would just be great for Remy to appear on any screen at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR AGE OF X-MAN ALPHA

Actually, it's not a spoiler per se but anyways,

Age of X-Man has a different history than 616. Many things happened differently we don't know the specifics yet.

There is a scene where Bishop's mind and past is "read" and we see Gambit. Since Remy is not in Age of X-Man I wonder what was that scene between him and bishop, and what happened to him.

Attachment 77804
    Looks like an alternate reality version of Gambit and Bishop's first encounter in X-Men #8. Same composition but costumes are different.

Attachment 77805
    My guess is that Nate is tethering his fake reality to real memories (albeit slightly altered) so that the X-men accept their new reality more easily.
    It's very interesting how Gambit appeared in Bishop's mind here as part of his memories. But I think Jiminy Cricket is spot on with Nate being the one who implanted slightly altered real memories to make the Xmen accept the "Age of Xman" reality.

Also going back to Remy's powers, I think it would be amazing for his powers to be developed and addressed again. There were definitely some implications that his powers changed after the last issue of Asmus's Gambit solo and I loved the evolution of his powers from Fabian Nicieza's Gambit solo from 1999. I think a great Gambit-focused story could be centered around Remy developing his powers after Sinister's surgery and learning to access more of his mutant ability.

I like Skroce. I got into him through his Spider-Man. His Gambit is, of course, excellent too.

I don't know the ones I was looking at were a bit pretty for my tastes. Maybe I was looking at the wrong ones. Because I just did a search and me likey.

Such a shame that all this nuance, plotting, and planning by Gambit is no longer a feature of the character. It is like recent writers have forgotten who Gambit is and what his name stands for.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Such a shame that all this nuance, plotting, and planning by Gambit is no longer a feature of the character. It is like recent writers have forgotten who Gambit is and what his name stands for.
    Agreed. People laugh now that he led a team, but it was these qualities that made him a pretty decent leader imo
    Make Good Art

Agreed. It's a shame its lost.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Agreed. People laugh now that he led a team, but it was these qualities that made him a pretty decent leader imo
    I actually remember the uproar at the time. People thought it came out of nowhere with no build up (like Kurt's priesthood) because of the sixth month gap. Many things didn't quite take in that run but I quite liked it. And I do miss the gambler in Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    And, y'know, he leads the entire Thieves' Guild. I feel as if leading an X-Men team is significantly less complex and political.

Spectacular Member

This is a great momet. I too liked his redesign here but the scarf has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    And, y'know, he leads the entire Thieves' Guild. I feel as if leading an X-Men team is significantly less complex and political.
    Yea Remy definitely doesn't get enough credit for his leadership qualities considering he's led teams in the past and is the leader of the Thieves' Guild. He could definitely lead a team or at least have a more senior role instead of just some sideline role like he's usually had recently. I think it really just depends on the writer that's writing him and whether or not he likes Gambit. It's unfortunate that it's like that but that seems to just be the way characters are handled by Marvel writers these days.

MMX 8

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

MMX 8
    I wish it was a full beard instead of a goatee but I like it
    Make Good Art