Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah that is what I thought too.
    Dang, it does...especially with his face looking so pale in that pic...

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Wow that is some spectacular Gambit art. I need to add Checcetto to my list of favorite Artists. Does anyone know if he's drawn more of Gambit? If he hasn't than Marvel needs to sign him up.

Man I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier but you're right I do see the resemblance to Sinister. Great catch. This will probably fuel those theories/head canon's that some have of Sinister being Remy's biological father.
    Yes. He drew Gambit in that X-23 vs Daken.
    Great art and great Gambit showing. But he lost at the end

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes. He drew Gambit in that X-23 vs Daken.
    Great art and great Gambit showing. But he lost at the end
    I vaguely remember those Dark Wolverine and X-23 issues, the X-23 vs. Daken storyline. But I wouldn't say Gambit lost that fight. Most of that fight/storyline was between X-23 and Daken. When Daken and Gambit fought very shortly in that one Dark Wolverine issue, Remy was actually kicking Daken's ass. Daken had to resort to trickery when he told Remy that X-23 was in danger and running out of time causing Remy to look at X-23's hurt body. Then in that split second when Gambit was distracted by Laura being hurt, Daken hit him with a rock behind the head. So I can't really say that Gambit lost that fight, at least not fairly.

But yes Checcetto's art is great, he needs to draw more of Remy.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Another great Gambit art find. I'm really digging the style of this artist too. Do you know who the artist is?
    It's VVernacatola and he has an DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/vvernacatola

He's got a lot of cool stuff of various fandoms. A feast for the eyes!

I vaguely remember those Dark Wolverine and X-23 issues, the X-23 vs. Daken storyline. But I wouldn't say Gambit lost that fight. Most of that fight/storyline was between X-23 and Daken. When Daken and Gambit fought very shortly in that one Dark Wolverine issue, Remy was actually kicking Daken's ass. Daken had to resort to trickery when he told Remy that X-23 was in danger and running out of time causing Remy to look at X-23's hurt body. Then in that split second when Gambit was distracted by Laura being hurt, Daken hit him with a rock behind the head. So I can't really say that Gambit lost that fight, at least not fairly.

But yes Checcetto's art is great, he needs to draw more of Remy.
    It took too many years for Marvel to understand how great is Checcetto.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    It's VVernacatola and he has an DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/vvernacatola

Yea you're right his art is really cool, definitely like his style. I wonder what a comic drawn by him would look like, his sketches are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It took too many years for Marvel to understand how great is Checcetto.

They need to get Marco Checcetto back on the X-men titles. He needs to draw Gambit again.

Another great artist that I hope draws more of Gambit is Sana Takeda from the X-23 series by Marjorie Liu (who should also write more of Gambit). I know she was mentioned earlier in the thread but I saw this collage of her art, and it reminded me of how good her panels looked.

tumblr_mwhaxdEjvp1t0zt7ho1_500.jpg

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yea you're right his art is really cool, definitely like his style. I wonder what a comic drawn by him would look like, his sketches are amazing.

They need to get Marco Checcetto back on the X-men titles. He needs to draw Gambit again.

Another great artist that I hope draws more of Gambit is Sana Takeda from the X-23 series by Marjorie Liu (who should also write more of Gambit). I know she was mentioned earlier in the thread but I saw this collage of her art, and it reminded me of how good her panels looked.

I loved this series. Takeda was great. I'd love to read a Gambit book with her and Liu
    Make Good Art

Yeah amazing artist, He's great. I've seen his work around. You can see he's honing his craft too

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I loved this series. Takeda was great. I'd love to read a Gambit book with her and Liu
    That would be amazing and I'm sure she would have a great take on Gambit. The development she wrote for Gambit in the X-23 solo was great and the interactions he had with Laura really showed how his character has grown. I wish Liu was still writing X-men comics at Marvel, one can dream.

Another little dream of mine would be to have Jim Lee draw Gambit in a comic again. Here's a sped up version of an 8 minute drawing of Remy that Jim Lee did a decade ago. He's still a master of comic art to me.

Spectacular Member

Jim Lee is my favorite artist for Gambit by far. When he draws a gambit you can feel the danger and threat in his face. That Gambit is the one to be feared.

Oh my! Yes! That guy makes all the X-Men so pretty but they still look like adults. He definitely did not do enough X-Men work. Him and Choi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Yeah amazing artist, He's great. I've seen his work around. You can see he's honing his craft too
    Someone at Marvel needs to give him a book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    Jim Lee is my favorite artist for Gambit by far. When he draws a gambit you can feel the danger and threat in his face. That Gambit is the one to be feared.

Yea Jim Lee is great. His art from the old days holds up so well and his newer art, like the stuff he posts on his instagram, is amazing by today's standards. You're right his Gambit just exudes being a badass.

Even his Gambit sketches are great

Lee_Gambit.jpg

Oh my! Yes! That guy makes all the X-Men so pretty but they still look like adults. He definitely did not do enough X-Men work. Him and Choi.

Someone at Marvel needs to give him a book.

I forgot about Mike Choi. He's another good artist who can draw a great Gambit. Here's some of his Gambit art:

Gambit_by_mikechoi.jpg
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 02-07-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Here's one of Remy that Jim Lee did a decade ago. He's still a master of comic art to me.

I always love his videos as they are always so full of enthusiasm. And Lee's Gambit is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

I forgot about Mike Choi. He's another good artist who can draw a great Gambit. Here's some of his Gambit art:

Gambit_by_mikechoi.jpg
    YAAAASS!

Gambit vs Longshot in MMX 8

Full preview: https://www.superherohype.com/comics...gshot#/slide/1

Spectacular Member

I always love his videos as they are always so full of enthusiasm. And Lee's Gambit is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

YAAAASS!
    What I would give to see Jim Lee or Mike Choi draw Gambit in a comic. I hope if/when he appears in a comic outside of Mr & Mrs. X, he's drawn by a great artist. Oscar Bazaldua isn't a bad a artist especially when it comes to his action panels but he can't draw Remy's face that well. The goatee Remy he's drawn in issue 8 is the best Remy has looked in MMX. The cover artist for MMX, Terry Dodson, really can't draw Gambit. All of Dodson's Gambits on the covers have looked pretty awful except for his Gambit on the cover of MMX #10.