Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Purplevit • 5m
    Hi, guys! Really like AOX-Man so far. Sad that Gambit is not in this event. Any hopes to see you writing Remy in future? What is your thoughts about Gambit as character?

Jimbus_ChristVerified Creator: Zac Thompson • 2m
    Who knows what life ahead holds... I love Gambit and would kill for a chance to write him. Lonnie and I have a crazy Gambit pitch. What If...Gambit became a sentient deck of cards.

VARIETY: What’s going on with Gambit?

KINBERG: “The latest is we’ll see, like honestly since the merger happened I think all of the movies that are at Fox, not just the Marvel movies but all the movies at Fox are being evaluated and they’ll figure out what they want to do with them.”

“I’d love to see it happen, I love the idea of Channing [Tatum] playing Gambit, I think we have a great script and I think it was a role he was born to play. It’s a character I grew up loving and I know the fans love, so I suspect/hope it’ll happen.”

https://hnentertainment.co/gambit-pr...ted-by-disney/

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    VARIETY: What’s going on with Gambit?

KINBERG: “The latest is we’ll see, like honestly since the merger happened I think all of the movies that are at Fox, not just the Marvel movies but all the movies at Fox are being evaluated and they’ll figure out what they want to do with them.”

“I’d love to see it happen, I love the idea of Channing [Tatum] playing Gambit, I think we have a great script and I think it was a role he was born to play. It’s a character I grew up loving and I know the fans love, so I suspect/hope it’ll happen.”

https://hnentertainment.co/gambit-pr...ted-by-disney/
    I won't keep my hopes to high with the movie getting made but if it does I would be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    I won't keep my hopes to high with the movie getting made but if it does I would be really happy.
    Me too. Just saw that and decided to share.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Yeah, I just cannot put much stock into what Kinberg says about this movie anymore
    Make Good Art

So I guess Gambit fans have stopped reading Mr and Mrs. X? Couldn't be bothered to flip through it yesterday but flipped through it today and it was yet another Rogue controlling her powers story with a few cool moments mixed in. It fell completely flat for me not only because it is an old tired story but because the solution was so utterly predictable and simple. If you are going to rehash a story over and over, I was hoping KT actually had something insightful and unique to bring to that story but sadly she did not. The fact we waited 9 issues for such a disappointing resolution is amazing to me. Should have just dealt with it in the Mini or early on in the comic and found something else to write about. The sad thing about it is KT is a good writer but the stuff she chooses to focus on is just so uninspired.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    So I guess Gambit fans have stopped reading Mr and Mrs. X? Couldn't be bothered to flip through it yesterday but flipped through it today and it was yet another Rogue controlling her powers story with a few cool moments mixed in. It fell completely flat for me not only because it is an old tired story but because the solution was so utterly predictable and simple. If you are going to rehash a story over and over, I was hoping KT actually had something insightful and unique to bring to that story but sadly she did not. The fact we waited 9 issues for such a disappointing resolution is amazing to me. Should have just dealt with it in the Mini or early on in the comic and found something else to write about. The sad thing about it is KT is a good writer but the stuff she chooses to focus on is just so uninspired.
    I've still been reading and on the whole I enjoy it. However the stuff with Rogue's power is so over played and I am done reading about it. This book has been too heavily focused on Rogue and I was expecting it to be far more even given its a duo book.

The mojoworld arc is definitely the weakest from both the Mini and Ongoing.
    L'Enfer !

Astonishing Member

Page wise it was nearly even, and I thought gambit’s stuff was a little more interesting, lol. The rogue stuff was a little more in depth of what was in the mini. It was fine, but it can be done now. The next issue looks to be the fight with mojo, which should be more interesting.

This book was never balanced. I can't give a compliment - there is too much Rogue and her issues. IMO

I don't see myself reading this issue. I don't think you are too far off the mark, especially when you see how little G's fans are talking about this book. They may have left it. Certainly the amount of comments be that good or not so good is far less than other titles Gambit had been in. Not a good thing? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I've still been reading and on the whole I enjoy it. However the stuff with Rogue's power is so over played and I am done reading about it. This book has been too heavily focused on Rogue and I was expecting it to be far more even given its a duo book.

The mojoworld arc is definitely the weakest from both the Mini and Ongoing.

Agreed.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-28-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Yeah I would agree that the lack of activity not only here but in general is telling. No one has even bothered with a review thread because quite frankly, nothing overall interesting in this issue. It is a bit sad that a book finally about Romy and the fanbase seems to be pretty much over it already after 9 issues.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The problem is .. the writer. She is not a great writer of Gambit. She loves Rogue. And I would guess she writes her very well.

I'm going to say that there are better writers of relationships .. I would like to see somebody else try.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-29-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I think much like Carey, she is a good writer and has some cool thoughts but her tunnel vision for Rogue results in stuff falling flat as a Gambit fan. The difference with Carey is KT will throw some decent scenes in there for Gambit not because she wants to develop him but because she knows the criticism and is doing it just to give the appearance of balance.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/201...hanning-tatum/

Former ‘Walking Dead’ Star Wants to Play X-Men’s Gambit

BANNED

I think much like Carey, she is a good writer and has some cool thoughts but her tunnel vision for Rogue results in stuff falling flat as a Gambit fan. The difference with Carey is KT will throw some decent scenes in there for Gambit not because she wants to develop him but because she knows the criticism and is doing it just to give the appearance of balance.
    I really like Mr and Mrs X, but I wish we had a companion Gambit solo book so we could have good focus on him, too.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...p-10-team-ups/

Gambit’s Top 10 Team-Ups!

Read that article and was shocked how good it is. Then I checked and understood that it was written by Don