Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Pretty nice figure and I always found his X-factor costume to be pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Definitely a fan of that costume. Not huge on the yellow lenses, but I didn't like those on anyone on that team
    I would have liked it more if he got to keep the long coat. The short coat was an adomination, I say!

Even X-Factor costume is better then purple boots. And it says a guy who loves purple a lot

I am not sure what to expect for Gambit in 2019, really.
    MMX probably will end with issue 12.
    Legacy, two volumes of Astonishing and RED shows that Gambit in a team book won't get a lot of focus. I loved his RED moments and #11 was his one of the best appearences ever but it won't give Gambit fan a monthly Gambit fix.

So I will always choose solo or even duo over team book.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-08-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I would have liked it more if he got to keep the long coat. The short coat was an adomination, I say!
    Haha the short coat was definitely jarring when I first saw the design, but I slowly learned to love it
    Make Good Art

Haha the short coat was definitely jarring when I first saw the design, but I slowly learned to love it
    It does show off his butt even when he isn't jumping around. Every coat has a silver lining...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    It does show off his butt even when he isn't jumping around. Every coat has a silver lining...
    That definitely helped convert me
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Even X-Factor costume is better then purple boots. And it says a guy who loves purple a lot

I am not sure what to expect for Gambit in 2019, really.
    MMX probably will end with issue 12.
    Legacy, two volumes of Astonishing and RED shows that Gambit in a team book won't get a lot of focus. I loved his RED moments and #11 was his one of the best appearences ever but it won't give Gambit fan a monthly Gambit fix.

So I will always choose solo or even duo over team book.
    His X-factor looked good to me, even with the shorter coat. It looked good and made sense considering what everyone else was wearing. I actually didn't feel his costume from X-men Red was that bad. It could've been a lot better with a different shade of purple or with certain colorists doing the work. However I will admit that it probably would've looked better in another color. Overall I don't think I've hated any of his outfits in a little while. His outfits in MMX look good to me.

I like and prefer his headsock look, just because it's iconic to Gambit's outfit, but some artists just don't do a good job of drawing his face when he's wearing it. In those cases he looks way better when he's not wearing it. When he's drawn poorly with the headsock on it reminds of his look from the cartoon, Xmen Evolution. I hated that look.

I think Gambit can shine in a team book as long as it's actually a TEAM book. X-men Red was basically a Jean solo featuring many characters as her supporting cast. I enjoyed the book but that's what it felt like to me and probably many others. The same goes for X-men Gold, it felt like a Kitty solo a lot of the time. Some of the team books from the 90s and to a lesser extent the 2000s did a better job of shifting the focus between characters.

Obviously a solo would be ideal but a good team book with a good creative writer that's actually wants to cycle the focus between characters would be almost as good.

Spectacular Member

I think Gambit can shine in a team book as long as it's actually a TEAM book...
    Obviously a solo would be ideal but a good team book with a good creative writer that's actually wants to cycle the focus between characters would be almost as good.
    I agree with you on this. I’d love a solo for Gambit eventually, but Gambit on a team with solid moments that showcase his experience, skills and powers, would really work for me. Makes me think of the early X-Men title series with the Blue team. I really enjoyed reading him in those books.

I kept looking for the old Gambit thread and didn't even realize there was a new one.

My wish for Gambit in 2019. A quick divorce from Rogue and Gambit getting a team of his own centered around running the Thieves Guild. Perhaps Gambit recruits a few mutants he trusts to help him in a Guild Civil War. Like the idea of say Fanto and Candra teaming up and taking control of the European Guilds and then trying to overthrow Gambit for overall leadership of the Guild.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I kept looking for the old Gambit thread and didn't even realize there was a new one.

My wish for Gambit in 2019. A quick divorce from Rogue and Gambit getting a team of his own centered around running the Thieves Guild. Perhaps Gambit recruits a few mutants he trusts to help him in a Guild Civil War. Like the idea of say Fanto and Candra teaming up and taking control of the European Guilds and then trying to overthrow Gambit for overall leadership of the Guild.
    LOL - yeah, I was surprised about the thread closings but it makes sense to have new ones. And adding a year is a good idea too.

LOL - agree on a divorce.

Team book with the Guild, yes!

Like your ideas.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    I agree with you on this. I’d love a solo for Gambit eventually, but Gambit on a team with solid moments that showcase his experience, skills and powers, would really work for me. Makes me think of the early X-Men title series with the Blue team. I really enjoyed reading him in those books.
    Oh man you brought back some great memories from the old X-men Blue team, man do I miss the 90s sometimes. Those are some of my fondest memories in comics when it comes to Gambit. Makes me wonder if he's going to be on a team sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    LOL - yeah, I was surprised about the thread closings but it makes sense to have new ones. And adding a year is a good idea too.

LOL - agree on a divorce.

Team book with the Guild, yes!

Like your ideas.
    At this point I would take any book where Remy gets to kick some ass, gets some development, and isn't just wallpaper.

At this point I would take any book where Remy gets to kick some ass, gets some development, and isn't just wallpaper.
    And not kissing Rogue's ass. My goodness ... I am sick of MMX. When will KT give a crap about Gambit. Oh wait ... its all about Rogue. You want a Gambit fan, write him.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-08-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    And not kissing Rogue's ass. My goodness ... I am sick of MMX. When will KT give a crap about Gambit. Oh wait ... its all about Rogue. You want a Gambit fan, write him.
    I think Thompson does care about Gambit but only in the context of his relationship with Rogue and as her husband. I have a suspicion that she doesn't care much for him outside of him being Rogue's husband/lover hence why she hasn't really focused on him in all of the issues of MMX and the mini. Since him and Rogue are now together she probably doesn't feel the need to explore or develop his character in any other way. I'm sure she doesn't hate the other aspects of his character but just doesn't care or is in indifferent when it comes to anything to do with his character that doesn't relate to Rogue. `

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I don't think a divorce is on the cards anytime soon but a team book where they get to interact with characters other than each other would be better. I'm enjoying MMX but I do agree it's very much slanted in Rogues favour.
    L'Enfer !

What will happen first: they divorce or one of them dies?
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

What will happen first: they divorce or one of them dies?
    Ah man don't say that because "one of them" will definitely result in it being Gambit
    L'Enfer !