Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    He’s the Jon Snow to her Daenerys. Their relationship either strips away his POV entirely or shoves it so far into the background that it’s irrelevant .......
    Unfortunately, this is the preferred version of Gambit for those who are doing the happy dance. There is no caring at how poorly he is characterized. All that matters is that he is married to Rogue. (that is the impression presented whether intended or not.)

But hey, why complain and campaign for better treatment of Gambit -<sarcasm.

It doesn't make those who champion him less of a fan. We want to read about him.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-23-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Nothing for Gambit in August Solicitations.

BANNED

He isn’t on Hox/Pox?

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    He isn’t on Hox/Pox?
    We don't know yet. But if he is I don't think he'll play a big role in it, especially if the rumours that Hickman doesn't like him are true.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    He’s the Jon Snow to her Daenerys. Their relationship either strips away his POV entirely or shoves it so far into the background that it’s irrelevant (although I should mention that there are other issues at hand with this comparison, one of which is the books - which may not feature and Jon/Dany love story at all - and the fact that Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke sleepwalked through all their scenes together, which is not something that happens in comics).
    Nobody has to like this book if they don’t want to, but we are getting his POV, his reaction to the X-men being gone and how wants to go back and help them, but feels like he needs to help the guilds too. In this issue, we don’t even get rogue’s POV, we get what gambit thinks her POV might be.

On x-factor, I remember a fair amount net of people did like and were supportive, not every of course. Though if a remember correctly the biggest ‘complainers’ were Lorna fans who thought she wasn’t getting enough attention or agency or what not...

MMX 12
    Art by Havier Pina

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Exactly what toxic behaviour has continued in R+G and MMX? Kelly could not possibly be doing more to appease you while still writing a coherent superhero comic. Her writing is a constant stream of addressing and resolving past issues, in a very pro-Gambit way.

Rogue acknowledges she hurt Gambit. Rogue acknowledges she pushes him away. Rogue's fear stops getting in the way of their happiness. Rogue tells him she loves him. Rogue comes to his rescue. Remy calls her out on her ****. Remy makes her pull her weight. Remy's insecurities are soothed. Remy is the greatest thief in the universe. They mention having conversations about appropriate behaviour together. What exactly has Rogue done in the past year to make you actively hate her?

It's nothing but confronting and trying to fix past toxicity.

If Rogue gets a drastically uneven amount of focus, (which she doesn't, just because an arc isn't exclusively focused on Gambit's gallery doesn't mean she does), but if she does, it's only because she's being held so much more responsible for their problems. If Kelly gave Gambit flaws just he could get more panel time, you'd riot.
    In the mini, Rogue did all the heavy lifting. The whole mini was focused on Rogue coming to terms with Gambit and Gambit did nothing really to assist that. It was Rogue working out her issues via Lavish not Gambit.

In this book, despite Rogue already dealing with her issues in the Mini, we get more of Rogue's issues. We get her ex Deadpool showing up and having to save her (God forbid Gambit being capable of saving his wife), we get Rogue saving the day with some professor X child, and we get Rogue confiding in another ex Magneto (God forbid she actually talk to her husband). Then we get Rogue struggling with her powers and killing Gambit over and over again and does Gambit help her with her issues. Nope it's Spiral.

Now here in an issue supposed about the Guilds, we get Gambit gushing about Rogue for a bit promptly getting captured and Rogue coming to save him albeit with her getting captured as well.

However, throughout this whole run, it has been largely Rogue working with other people to resolve ****. Closest Gambit came to being useful was with Mojo. What I expected when this was announced was Rogue and Gambit solving their issues together. Not Rogue largely working things out with other characters. The next time Gambit can actually protect his wife will be the first.

And Rogue's of course I came to save you because you are my husband falls flat when it wasn't her husband she was confiding in. It was Magneto or other people. If you want us to believe Gambit is the most important person in Rogue's life then we need to start seeing her going to Gambit for help not other characters.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

If Rogue gets a drastically uneven amount of focus, (which she doesn't, just because an arc isn't exclusively focused on Gambit's gallery doesn't mean she does), but if she does, it's only because she's being held so much more responsible for their problems. If Kelly gave Gambit flaws just he could get more panel time, you'd riot.
    Is this a joke? If Gambit got a story? IF …... the point made. (He's had no story). He has to have a story for a riot to occur but that won't happen. I would love to discuss something other than Rogue in a book Gambit is in.

edit: The book is all about Rogue.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-23-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    In the mini, Rogue did all the heavy lifting. The whole mini was focused on Rogue coming to terms with Gambit and Gambit did nothing really to assist that. It was Rogue working out her issues via Lavish not Gambit.

In this book, despite Rogue already dealing with her issues in the Mini, we get more of Rogue's issues. We get her ex Deadpool showing up and having to save her (God forbid Gambit being capable of saving his wife), we get Rogue saving the day with some professor X child, and we get Rogue confiding in another ex Magneto (God forbid she actually talk to her husband). Then we get Rogue struggling with her powers and killing Gambit over and over again and does Gambit help her with her issues. Nope it's Spiral.

Now here in an issue supposed about the Guilds, we get Gambit gushing about Rogue for a bit promptly getting captured and Rogue coming to save him albeit with her getting captured as well.

However, throughout this whole run, it has been largely Rogue working with other people to resolve ****. Closest Gambit came to being useful was with Mojo. What I expected when this was announced was Rogue and Gambit solving their issues together. Not Rogue largely working things out with other characters. The next time Gambit can actually protect his wife will be the first.

And Rogue's of course I came to save you because you are my husband falls flat when it wasn't her husband she was confiding in. It was Magneto or other people. If you want us to believe Gambit is the most important person in Rogue's life then we need to start seeing her going to Gambit for help not other characters.

I don't understand the gif. LOL

When is more info about the direction going to revealed?

Any ideas on the team book? The one that Gambit has never been on before?

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I don't understand the gif. LOL

When is more info about the direction going to revealed?

Any ideas on the team book? The one that Gambit has never been on before?
    My guess, probably in San Diego's Comic-Con this July, but considering he is going to be with Rogue in said book, I doubt many of you will enjoy it.

My opinion.

New Book/same writer: - Gambit and Rogue. Not for me.

Gambit's fans want more for him. Nothing wrong in wanting story for him beyond love interest.
    Last edited by Neko; 05-25-2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling. lack of care in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Not sure the point. Poster asked what toxic behavior and I explained what I found toxic. No goal posts were moved. I think it is very toxic when you confide in a dude you used to screw (Mags) rather than your own husband but maybe that is just me.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    My guess, probably in San Diego's Comic-Con this July, but considering he is going to be with Rogue in said book, I doubt many of you will enjoy it.

Depends on if he is written as his own man in that book or just an appendage of Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    My opinion.

New Book/same writer: - Gambit and Rogue. Not for me.

Gambit's fans want more for him. Nothing wrong in wanting story for him beyond love interest.
    In defense of Kelly Thompson, I think that's where she was planning on going witht the current arc before Hickman convinced Marvel to cancel the entire line.

Been doing a lot of overdue reading on Gambit lately (fave comic book hero) and thought I'd share some brief opinions on the writers and creative teams I've read thus far. Nothing too in-depth, just some quick opinions.

Nicezia wrote a really intriguing arc with the New Sun and gave Gambit some great moments and showings, but while the New Sun is a great long-term story it does come at the cost of pacing and the enjoyment of individual issues. All those interludes really break up the action and the artwork by Skroce, while highly dynamic, can be hard to follow at times.

John Laymann was someone whose run I really enjoyed. He did a good job of capturing Gabmit's rougish aspects as well as his craftiness while weaving together an interesting story that was easy to follow. Detective Tanka was a character I hope to see more of again, she makes a great foe for Gambit as his polar opposite: someone who walks on the right side of the law, but the wrong side of morality.

Asmus had a really good run on the character, he did a real good job capturing Gambit's voice, I thought. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the character again, though not without a competent and strong editorial staff to keep him on a leash, otherwise Gambit would be bisexual.

And last but not least, Kelly Thompson. I know her writing of the Rogue and Gambit relationship is the subject of some controversy in this very thread, but I like the way that she writes them together. I think she really proves the two's devotion to each other.