Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I’ll read it but I’ll continue to hope for a divorce to come soon.
    why do u want a divorce
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Excalibur 1

Spectacular Member

Far from a sure bet it'll be Gambit, but Skottie Young recently said at the very end of a recent episode of the podcast Cartoonist Kayfabe that he and Humberto Ramos recently took a research trip to New Orleans for a new Marvel series they are working on. I think it's more likely it'll be something vampire-related.
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Far from a sure bet it'll be Gambit, but Skottie Young recently said at the very end of a recent episode of the podcast Cartoonist Kayfabe that he and Humberto Ramos recently took a research trip to New Orleans for a new Marvel series they are working on. I think it's more likely it'll be something vampire-related.
    Thanks for news. Not a fan of Skottie Young but everyone can surprise.

Why vampire-related? Blade?
    Gambit and Blade team-up was cool by Fabian.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thanks for news. Not a fan of Skottie Young but everyone can surprise.

Why vampire-related? Blade?
    Gambit and Blade team-up was cool by Fabian.
    Young would be the writer only, fwiw. I'd be less excited about Ramos art tbh. He's very talented, but not a match for Gambit.

No strong reasoning for the vampire idea, just that they are strongly associated with New Orleans, Ramos has a history with them with his Crimson series, and Young likes monsters in general.
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Those who visit here and GambitGuild.com - the site is temporarily down, I'm aware of the issue and it will be resolved, no eta at this time. (7/31 1:41pm).

Getting back to Gambit. I think as far as artists go, Ramos isn't too bad. While I do have a few artists I really don't like due to style or how they represent characters, I always think art should enhance a story not take away.
    Last edited by Neko; 07-31-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

And its (Gambit Guild) back ... up and running. Yay!!!

I love how Gambit's kittens are now cats. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Young would be the writer only, fwiw. I'd be less excited about Ramos art tbh. He's very talented, but not a match for Gambit.

No strong reasoning for the vampire idea, just that they are strongly associated with New Orleans, Ramos has a history with them with his Crimson series, and Young likes monsters in general.
    Will see. Gambit in Nola is always great. Would love to see how Nola will changw after HOX POX.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    And its (Gambit Guild) back ... up and running. Yay!!!

I love how Gambit's kittens are now cats. LOL
    Goooooood

Just a thought or at least something to talk about or not. I noted that Gambit's kittens are now cats. Isn't it funny, how only the animals in comic books age but the characters do not?

Seriously, the last book he was in, felt like that some time went by but not as much as you'd think. And since the characters don't age, shouldn't Gambit's kittens stayed kittens? Just a funny thing on how comic books work. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Just a thought or at least something to talk about or not. I noted that Gambit's kittens are now cats. Isn't it funny, how only the animals in comic books age but the characters do not?

Seriously, the last book he was in, felt like that some time went by but not as much as you'd think. And since the characters don't age, shouldn't Gambit's kittens stayed kittens? Just a funny thing on how comic books work. LOL
    I think they were kittens only in that Liu's AXM issue. In solo by Asmus, X-Factor and MMX cats ere always kinda big.

Fabian Nicieza was at GalaxyCon in Raleigh NC, this past July 2019. A friend of mine got to meet him and talk with him.

She said, he had a Gambit novel written in the late 1990's or nearly finished when Marvel cancelled on him, though they did pay him for the work he had completed. The book would have covered when Gambit was an infant and end when he met up with the Xmen. The manuscript is on 3.4 floppies but he admitted he was too nervous to re-read it or release it. (Not that it would be easy, he'd have to find a way to get the 300 pages he wrote viewable and moved to a platform he could read.)

My friend asked for a snippet to share, which is when he was nervous about reading what he wrote, he was worried it wasn't very good.

Excalibur 2

Variant

Spectacular Member

There is something bothering me on covers with Remy. Nearly in all covers he is holding a charged card. does he always do that? Why the artists can't find another pose? It gets really boring after a while (I2m not talking about the covers where all team members are drawn in a battle pose like the one above)