Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Hey!

The Marriage is the best thing to happen to Gambit since ever!

He is a cool character but a broken one. Rogue completes him and they truly "love" each other (as far two fictional character can love each other)

I Think the book just started. and Kelly Thompson wants to get rid of that stupid horse poop plot of Remender about Rogue not being able to touch people AGAIN.

I mean Carey got that plot solved. for years ! if Remender didnt happened The book of Rogue and Gambit will be about them having sex in all the place you can bet.

Something like Emma and Scott in the Fraction era.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    What will happen first: they divorce or one of them dies?
    I don't think Marvel would kill Gambit in the literal sense because usually when a character dies it's a big story or part of one. And Marvel has made no indication that they want Gambit to be a big focus of any story and they just haven't marketed the character like that. If anything they would kill him in the worst way possible by no longer having him featured in comics resulting in the death of his fandom.

And who knows about divorce, no relationship in comics lasts forever. If it happens hopefully it's part of a good story that doesn't make Gambit look bad.

For now I just wanna enjoy reading Remy for as long as he's still appearing in comics.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-09-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I don't think Marvel would kill Gambit in the literal sense because usually when a character dies it's a big story or part of one. And Marvel has made no indication that they want Gambit to be a big focus of any story and they just haven't marketed the character like that. If anything they would kill him in the worst way possible by no longer having him featured in comics resulting in the death of his fandom.

And who knows about divorce, no relationship in comics lasts forever. If it happens hopefully it's part of a good story that doesn't make Gambit look bad.

For now I just wanna enjoy reading Remy for as long as he's still appearing in comics.
    Well, they're still in the "Honeymoon" part of the marriage, so yeah Marvel is not going to spend a lot of time marketing Gambit only to kill him off now. I was more talking about the eventuality that Gambit and Rogue will break up in the future.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-09-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I kept looking for the old Gambit thread and didn't even realize there was a new one.

My wish for Gambit in 2019. A quick divorce from Rogue and Gambit getting a team of his own centered around running the Thieves Guild. Perhaps Gambit recruits a few mutants he trusts to help him in a Guild Civil War. Like the idea of say Fanto and Candra teaming up and taking control of the European Guilds and then trying to overthrow Gambit for overall leadership of the Guild.
    I will of course disagree on the quickie divorce wish (But I did laugh when I read your post - you keep doing you remydat) - because if you completely strip away the Rogue element, I think a quickly run failed marriage would do more damage than good to Remy's character (no longer stand up, mature guy who successfully executed crazy wedding to marry love of his life (IMO) and is making it work despite extremely challenging circumstances) to "yah - that was a mistake and to stack in the category where I accidentally slept with the boss' wife." Gambit to me has always been the guy to take the biggest gambles and everyone would think he is crazy, but in the end, you see that the risk (that only he would take) was worth it and it works out in his favour. I think his marriage builds on that aspect of him.

BUT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE building a team that he leads to help out in a Guild Civil War. I would be all OVER THAT! Oh who would be on it? Laura (makes so much sense), Storm (because I love that dynamic)...would Bishop work? Jamie?
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 01-10-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

Well, they're still in the "Honeymoon" part of the marriage, so yeah Marvel is not going to spend a lot of time marketing Gambit only to kill him off now. I was more talking about the eventuality that Gambit and Rogue will break up in the future.
    I think Marvel would look foolish if they were to have them split up too soon, as in 2019. They've barely been married 6 months in our time and a lot less in comics time. I don't think the marriage will last forever because no comic book couple lasts forever. I just hope that if/when they do split up, it's written well and makes sense. And hopefully Gambit doesn't come off looking bad or as a jerk in the split up, hopefully it would be amicable.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    I will of course disagree on the quickie divorce wish (But I did laugh when I read your post - you keep doing you remydat) - because if you completely strip away the Rogue element, I think a quickly run failed marriage would do more damage than good to Remy's character (no longer stand up, mature guy who successfully executed crazy wedding to marry love of his life (IMO) and is making it work despite extremely challenging circumstances) to "yah - that was a mistake and to stack in the category where I accidentally slept with the boss' wife." Gambit to me has always been the guy to take the biggest gambles and everyone would think he is crazy, but in the end, you see that the risk (that only he would take) was worth it and it works out in his favour. I think his marriage builds on that aspect of him.

BUT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE building a team that he leads to help out in a Guild Civil War. I would be all OVER THAT! Oh who would be on it? Laura (makes so much sense), Storm (because I love that dynamic)...would Bishop work? Jamie?
    If/when Romy split up I honestly don't think it would be Remy that ends it, it would definitely be Rogue that leaves Remy. She's been the one that's been running away from him and pushing him away for the better part of the last decade until this last year. She nearly wanted to end it or at least separate for a time being until her powers came under control in MMX #5 but then Remy reminded her of the vows she made. Gambit's been all in on her since 2011 when he gave that harbor speech where he said he would wait for her forever and that he was her endpoint. I just don't see Remy leaving Rogue, unless something drastically changes or unless some other writer comes in with the goal to have him leave her. I don't know what Rogue could even do that would make Remy leave her, I feel like he would die before ever leaving Rogue the way he's been written since Legacy. I'm not a fan of how one-sided the relationship has felt and still feels but as it stands I just don't see Remy leaving her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I think Marvel would look foolish if they were to have them split up too soon, as in 2019. They've barely been married 6 months in our time and a lot less in comics time. I don't think the marriage will last forever because no comic book couple lasts forever. I just hope that if/when they do split up, it's written well and makes sense. And hopefully Gambit doesn't come off looking bad or as a jerk in the split up, hopefully it would be amicable.

If/when Romy split up I honestly don't think it would be Remy that ends it, it would definitely be Rogue that leaves Remy. She's been the one that's been running away from him and pushing him away for the better part of the last decade until this last year. She nearly wanted to end it or at least separate for a time being until her powers came under control in MMX #5 but then Remy reminded her of the vows she made. Gambit's been all in on her since 2011 when he gave that harbor speech where he said he would wait for her forever and that he was her endpoint. I just don't see Remy leaving Rogue, unless something drastically changes or unless some other writer comes in with the goal to have him leave her. I don't know what Rogue could even do that would make Remy leave her, I feel like he would die before ever leaving Rogue the way he's been written since Legacy. I'm not a fan of how one-sided the relationship has felt and still feels but as it stands I just don't see Remy leaving her.
    TOTALLY agree with you. I don't see him the one leaving (he's known what he wants for a long time now and doesn't shy away from big moves to get it), but I think he being left would make him look bad. I'm not sure how you'd spin an amicable split, because Harbour Speech was pretty mature and cool of him and I think it was awful for him that she didn't choose him (no fault on his part, it's never cool to be left). But perhaps you are right...it would be something over time (because a quickie divorce now would make his spur of the moment proposal look foolish) and logically would happen - the carousel speech in the first Gambit ongoing series where although they could touch because of his enhanced powers, but Gambit kinda says Rogue has some growing up to do worked for me a bit...(sorry, it's been a while since I've read it so I might have mixed it up), but I'm hoping their relationship demise is not in the books for as long as possible (or never, because I'll cry forever tears). I'm with you that if it were to happen, that is doesn't damage his character. He's gone through enough character assassination.
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 01-10-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Spectacular Member

TOTALLY agree with you. I don't see him the one leaving (he's known what he wants for a long time now and doesn't shy away from big moves to get it), but I think he being left would make him look bad. I'm not sure how you'd spin an amicable split, because Harbour Speech was pretty mature and cool of him and I think it was awful for him that she didn't choose him (no fault on his part, it's never cool to be left). But perhaps you are right...it would be something over time (because a quickie divorce now would make his spur of the moment proposal look foolish) and logically would happen - the carousel speech in the first Gambit ongoing series where although they could touch because of his enhanced powers, but Gambit kinda says Rogue has some growing up to do worked for me a bit...(sorry, it's been a while since I've read it so I might have mixed it up), but I'm hoping their relationship demise is not in the books for as long as possible (or never, because I'll cry forever tears). I'm with you that if it were to happen, that is doesn't damage his character. He's gone through enough character assassination.
    Yea I agree if Rogue left Remy, especially in some embarrassing way, it would probably make Remy look like a chump because of how committed and devoted he's been towards her. Rogue would also come off looking as heartless. If they were to split up amicably it would have to be something that gradually happens to make sense. I remember that speech from Gambit to Rogue from the Fabian Nicieza solo from 1999, he came off as very mature and no longer wanting to play games. I think back then is when he was starting to show how committed he was to Rogue and how he was expecting the same from her. Yea Gambit's character has suffered enough at Marvel's hands, hopefully it's better from here on out.

OR! When the X-Men are part of the MCU, the film-makers decide that they need to bring the truly iconic Gambit/Rogue relationship to the screen, and a whole new audience falls in love with them as a couple. Marvel decides to run with it, and we get even more Romy goodness.

I choose to believe in THAT future.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    OR! When the X-Men are part of the MCU, the film-makers decide that they need to bring the truly iconic Gambit/Rogue relationship to the screen, and a whole new audience falls in love with them as a couple. Marvel decides to run with it, and we get even more Romy goodness.

I love your optimism! I'm gonna choose to subscribe to this as well lol
    Make Good Art

What will happen first: they divorce or one of them dies?
    I already called Gambit dying to further Rogue's story. Mags will probably come visit her after the funeral while she is alone and then Rogue will have sex with him to dull the pain of losing Gambit. Probably right on Gambit's tombstone because she don't care.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member

I already called Gambit dying to further Rogue's story. Mags will probably come visit her after the funeral while she is alone and then Rogue will have sex with him to dull the pain of losing Gambit. Probably right on Gambit's tombstone because she don't care.
    Dang son - that's just cruel. I would forever leave marvel and never come back. At least I'd have more money.

I'm pulling for no divorce and neither dying for a long time. I know, I'm crazy. It's a comic book. But...I like to think all these concerns we have now will be addressed in time. I still have faith. "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” Regardless, I know you're just trying to protect our boy. I salute you eagle!

Well you can go two routes with this. A team that is just helping him resolve the war but wouldn't permanently be in the Guild or a team that is ok with thievery and would form a part of the Guild leadership arising out of the Civil War. So while I love X-23, Bishop, Storm, think they would be more of the former group while I am thinking of more of the latter group. So here are the mutants I think would be fine with being in the TG leadership.

1 - Marrow - Including here would allow them to resolve the MM stuff which has never really be resolved and she is morally grey enough that she can serve was Gambit's enforcer without having a lot of qualms about thieves.

2 - Gabby - I think X-23 would be against the thieving but I can imagine Gabs thinking it is cool and then you can still have Laura show up from time to time as Gambit and Gabs try to hide things from Laura. Think Gabs would play off of Marrow well as well as I can see her getting under Marrow's skin.

3 - Hellion - Not a classic thief but morally grey in his own right and someone that could use some tutoring while being able to push Gambit a bit.

4 - Blackcat - Asmus wanted to use her but was denied but think she would fit as someone initially a part of say NY Guild but then aligns herself with Gambit to counter Fanto/Candra

5 - Nightcrawler - Can always use a teleporter and while not a classic thief, he does have some roguish aspects to personality and I view him as conscious of the team.

6 - Karma - Need a telepath and thought her and Gambit worked well in AXM. Also has leadership qualities and can be Gambit's second in command.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

As much as I hate Romy, I have no problem with them on the big screen eventually as that would be a different iteration of them without Rogneto. I actually still like XTAS Romy. It is just 616 Romy I find untenable because 616 Rogue is terrible towards Gambit. The only way I could ever get on board with 616 Romy would be if they rebooted the universe and all that bullshit Rogue pulled never happened and they can just start over.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

As much as I hate Romy, I have no problem with them on the big screen eventually as that would be a different iteration of them without Rogneto. I actually still like XTAS Romy. It is just 616 Romy I find untenable because 616 Rogue is terrible towards Gambit. The only way I could ever get on board with 616 Romy would be if they rebooted the universe and all that bullshit Rogue pulled never happened and they can just start over.
    Would there ever be a scenario where you would get on board the with 616 Romy? Would there be anything that a writer could do to fix Rogue in your eyes, this is a genuine question I'm not baiting anyone.

I think the fact that I was on a comic hiatus during the Legacy run is why I'm ok with it...I've only heard the plot-line second hand.
    L'Enfer !

Well you can go two routes with this. A team that is just helping him resolve the war but wouldn't permanently be in the Guild or a team that is ok with thievery and would form a part of the Guild leadership arising out of the Civil War. So while I love X-23, Bishop, Storm, think they would be more of the former group while I am thinking of more of the latter group. So here are the mutants I think would be fine with being in the TG leadership.

1 - Marrow - Including here would allow them to resolve the MM stuff which has never really be resolved and she is morally grey enough that she can serve was Gambit's enforcer without having a lot of qualms about thieves.

2 - Gabby - I think X-23 would be against the thieving but I can imagine Gabs thinking it is cool and then you can still have Laura show up from time to time as Gambit and Gabs try to hide things from Laura. Think Gabs would play off of Marrow well as well as I can see her getting under Marrow's skin.

3 - Hellion - Not a classic thief but morally grey in his own right and someone that could use some tutoring while being able to push Gambit a bit.

4 - Blackcat - Asmus wanted to use her but was denied but think she would fit as someone initially a part of say NY Guild but then aligns herself with Gambit to counter Fanto/Candra

5 - Nightcrawler - Can always use a teleporter and while not a classic thief, he does have some roguish aspects to personality and I view him as conscious of the team.

6 - Karma - Need a telepath and thought her and Gambit worked well in AXM. Also has leadership qualities and can be Gambit's second in command.
    Dang, all great ideas but I especially like these two. I would love to see more of the Gabby/Gambit dynamic, especially in the context of trying to hide something from Laura
    Make Good Art