Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

UXM 11 variant
    What an awesome cover. It would be nice if Gambit were actually in Uncanny but nonetheless the cover's a beauty. Hopefully we'll see Gambit in Uncanny at some point, although I'm not holding my breath since the writer Rosenberg hates him (a reason why I refuse to buy anything he writes). Who knows what'll happen with the Xmen once Age of Xman is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Another Gambit solo I have fond memories of. Definitely worth a buy.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Klaus Janson!!!

Gambit #2 Jan 1994
    Honor Amongst Thieves
    Gambit returns to New Orleans and finds the wife he thought was dead alive but in a coma;
    Bella Donna's father, Marius, challenges Remy to a duel of honor but their fight is broken up by Julien and his rogue assassins;

Rogue helps Gambit take Bella Donna to the Thieves Guild but they interrupt the tithing ceremony and the Tithe Collector leaves in a huff;

Remy demands that his father give Bella Donna a sip of the Elixir of Life, a serum provided by the External, Candra, which is the secret to the Thieves Guild's longevity;
    When his father refuses, Gambit decides to get some of the serum for himself;
    Julien and his assassins have the same idea as they attack the Tithe Collector for a vial of the serum;
    Gambit leaves Rogue to guard Bella Donna as he prepares to confront Candra herself.

Script by Howard Mackie, pencils by Lee Weeks, inks by Klaus Janson http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._klaus_janson/

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Happy Birthday, Klaus! His inks on Weeks' pencils were a winning combination. The colors are pretty solid too for the 90s
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Gambit #2 Jan 1994
    Honor Amongst Thieves
    Gambit returns to New Orleans and finds the wife he thought was dead alive but in a coma;
    Bella Donna's father, Marius, challenges Remy to a duel of honor but their fight is broken up by Julien and his rogue assassins;

Rogue helps Gambit take Bella Donna to the Thieves Guild but they interrupt the tithing ceremony and the Tithe Collector leaves in a huff;

Remy demands that his father give Bella Donna a sip of the Elixir of Life, a serum provided by the External, Candra, which is the secret to the Thieves Guild's longevity;
    When his father refuses, Gambit decides to get some of the serum for himself;
    Julien and his assassins have the same idea as they attack the Tithe Collector for a vial of the serum;
    Gambit leaves Rogue to guard Bella Donna as he prepares to confront Candra herself.

Script by Howard Mackie, pencils by Lee Weeks, inks by Klaus Janson http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._klaus_janson/
    Yes, Happy Birthday to Klaus indeed. These vintage Gambit posts are bringing back some really good memories. I really loved this mini-series, the art and coloring were pretty great for the time period too. This makes me miss the 90s and all the original Gambit stories from back then.

Spectacular Member

I'm usually not into cosplay, especially when it comes to Gambit, but AppleJ posted this tweet of a guy who did a great job cosplaying Gambit. This might be the best I've ever seen. https://mobile.twitter.com/Dragosieg...14429391650817

Also I'm sure everyone has seen the solicitation of the cover for Mr & Mrs. X #10 but I just wanted to point out that this is the best Gambit has looked on a cover for the entire series.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I'm usually not into cosplay, especially when it comes to Gambit, but AppleJ posted this tweet of a guy who did a great job cosplaying Gambit. This might be the best I've ever seen. https://mobile.twitter.com/Dragosieg...14429391650817
    That's pretty awesome. My only complaint is the headband. I don't really like the metal piece on the forehead
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's pretty awesome. My only complaint is the headband. I don't really like the metal piece on the forehead
    Yes, I think the metal piece on the forehead makes him look too much like a Naruto character, which I don't like because I don't like Naruto at all. But other than that it's pretty spot on.

Also, the MMX thread has me wondering about what might be in store for Gambit once Age of X-man event ends this Summer. What does everyone think will happen to Gambit once Age of X-man is over?

I personally think MMX might continue til the end of the year so if it that happens I'm sure MMX will be where he's predominantly featured. If MMX does end then I do hope he ends up on an actual Xmen team (not some side team like X-factor).

I'm guessing many of the Xmen that are currently MIA because of X-man will be returning so that should be enough X-men for two teams and therefore two main X-books.

Spectacular Member

I just had to post this here because I was totally geeking out when I heard it. In a live interview tonight, Matthew McConaughey was asked how he would describe Channing Tatum and his response was "he won't pick your pocket, but he knows where your wallet is". I know the Gambit movie is probably dead in the water and I've never been totally sold on this casting, but this makes me feel like in another world Channing was born to play Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes617 View Post
    I just had to post this here because I was totally geeking out when I heard it. In a live interview tonight, Matthew McConaughey was asked how he would describe Channing Tatum and his response was "he won't pick your pocket, but he knows where your wallet is". I know the Gambit movie is probably dead in the water and I've never been totally sold on this casting, but this makes me feel like in another world Channing was born to play Gambit.
    I don`t care how old Channing is but I hope he will play Gambit in FOX or MCU.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t care how old Channing is but I hope he will play Gambit in FOX or MCU.
    What a great response by Matthew McConaughey. Who knows what'll happen with the Gambit movie, but here's to hoping Gambit appears in some Xmen movie in the future now that Disney has control of the franchise. I know Channing Tatum might not necessarily be the dream choice to play Remy just based on his appearance but I personally would like for him to play the role or at least serve as a director/producer/consultant in some future movie featuring Gambit. It's obvious he's knowledgeable about Gambit and is a big fan of Remy like us. At this point it would be great to see Gambit on some sort of screen in the future, whether it's a movie or a tv series.

Also, the MMX thread has me wondering about what might be in store for Gambit once Age of X-man event ends this Summer. What does everyone think will happen to Gambit once Age of X-man is over?

I personally think MMX might continue til the end of the year so if it that happens I'm sure MMX will be where he's predominantly featured. If MMX does end then I do hope he ends up on an actual Xmen team (not some side team like X-factor).
    I hope not. Nothing personal. Just needs to be said.

This is the worst Gambit ever. He is useless. Why .. is he useless. Take those goggles off. He's NOBODY in Mr and Mrs X.

Ask her ... when will she care about Gambit, when is he someone. The writer doesn't give a dam about Gambit.

The only character that matters to the writer is Rogue.

Ask her!
    Last edited by Neko; 01-25-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post

This is the worst Gambit ever. He is useless. Why .. is he useless. Take those goggles off. He's NOBODY in Mr and Mrs X.

Ask her ... when will she care about Gambit, when is he someone. The writer doesn't give a dam about Gambit.

Ask her!
    The worst Gambit ever? I have to respectfully disagree. MMX may not be everyone's cup of tea (goggles can go both ways), but Thompson definitely cares about Gambit. She's a fan, just like the rest of us. Personally, I'm fine with MMX lasting through this Age of X-Man stuff. But, I'll definitely be ready for them to be folded back into the mix once that craziness is over.
    Last edited by Dantes617; 01-25-2019 at 07:53 PM.

The worst Gambit ever? I have to respectfully disagree. MMX may not be everyone's cup of tea (goggles can go both ways), but Thompson definitely cares about Gambit. She's a fan, just like the rest of us. Personally, I'm fine with MMX lasting through this Age of X-Man stuff. But, I'll definitely be ready for them to be folded back into the mix once that craziness is over.
    She is not writing Gambit.Goggles aside. She is NOT writing Gambit. She only cares about Rogue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean genuinely had a good year though. She returned with a bang and was thrust into a high profile role as leader and face of the X-men, getting the push and promotion for the line. She arguably was the lead character going into the latter half of 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post

Ask her!
    For me the worst Gambit writers were Peter Milligan, Carey at times, Layman at times, and Christos Gage's Racky Lebeau. Those were rock bottom and made me quit Marvel comics for a while. I actually can't necessarily say that Thompson has written a bad Gambit. Her Gambit is very mature and supportive, the haters really can't call him a creepy lecherous womanizer any more. I will admit that Thompson's Gambit does seem watered down. He doesn't seem as witty, funny, confident, and his edge is missing. I can tell Thompson is trying to appease the PC crowd and the haters within Marvel itself, there's nothing wrong with that but she could do a better job. I think she's gone a little too far because Gambit is missing some of his character traits that his fans love about him and that defined him.

But that aside in my opinion Thompson isn't the worst Gambit writer. My biggest gripe is that Mr & Mrs. X feels like a Rogue solo with Gambit as a secondary character. I'm wondering why they didn't just call it "Rogue" or even "Xmen: Rogue featuring Gambit". It feels like Thompson doesn't really care about Gambit outside of his relationship with Rogue and doesn't really care to develop him anymore now that he's married to Rogue. That would explain why all the Romy stories that Thompson has written have been Rogue centered, and why Rogue has gotten all the major development and action beats.

For me the worst Gambit writers were Peter Milligan, Carey at times, Layman at times, and Christos Gage's Racky Lebeau. Those were rock bottom and made me quit Marvel comics for a while. I actually can't necessarily say that Thompson has written a bad Gambit. Her Gambit is very mature and supportive, the haters really can't call him a creepy lecherous womanizer any more. I will admit that Thompson's Gambit does seem watered down. He doesn't seem as witty, funny, confident, and his edge is missing. I can tell Thompson is trying to appease the PC crowd and the haters within Marvel itself, there's nothing wrong with that but she could do a better job. I think she's gone a little too far because Gambit is missing some of his character traits that his fans love about him and that defined him.
    It's to the point of not caring. The over compensation needs adjustment.

Milligan, Carey, and Gage were not great Gambit care-takers. In fact, there are other writers who were horrible too. LOL
    One thing they do have in common, as long as its about Rogue. Its always about her. Could we get a break?

But that aside in my opinion Thompson isn't the worst Gambit writer. My biggest gripe is that Mr & Mrs. X feels like a Rogue solo with Gambit as a secondary character. I'm wondering why they didn't just call it "Rogue" or even "Xmen: Rogue featuring Gambit". It feels like Thompson doesn't really care about Gambit outside of his relationship with Rogue and doesn't really care to develop him anymore now that he's married to Rogue. That would explain why all the Romy stories that Thompson has written have been Rogue centered, and why Rogue has gotten all the major development and action beats.
    I don't want any more of Rogue's drama. Just put it on the back burner for a bit and let Gambit have some story. Is that too much to ask?
    Last edited by Neko; 01-26-2019 at 01:54 AM.