Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 316
  1. #61
    Incredible Member DearMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Would there ever be a scenario where you would get on board the with 616 Romy? Would there be anything that a writer could do to fix Rogue in your eyes, this is a genuine question I'm not baiting anyone.

    I think the fact that I was on a comic hiatus during the Legacy run is why I'm ok with it...I've only heard the plot-line second hand.
    I read that Legacy run, but dropped the books shortly afterwards. I think I'm okay with it, because every character has had mediocre to terrible moments in their history. Including Gambit in the Racky years. I tend to dismiss it as the author's screw-up and forget about it.

  2. #62
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well you can go two routes with this. A team that is just helping him resolve the war but wouldn't permanently be in the Guild or a team that is ok with thievery and would form a part of the Guild leadership arising out of the Civil War. So while I love X-23, Bishop, Storm, think they would be more of the former group while I am thinking of more of the latter group. So here are the mutants I think would be fine with being in the TG leadership.

    1 - Marrow - Including here would allow them to resolve the MM stuff which has never really be resolved and she is morally grey enough that she can serve was Gambit's enforcer without having a lot of qualms about thieves.

    2 - Gabby - I think X-23 would be against the thieving but I can imagine Gabs thinking it is cool and then you can still have Laura show up from time to time as Gambit and Gabs try to hide things from Laura. Think Gabs would play off of Marrow well as well as I can see her getting under Marrow's skin.

    3 - Hellion - Not a classic thief but morally grey in his own right and someone that could use some tutoring while being able to push Gambit a bit.

    4 - Blackcat - Asmus wanted to use her but was denied but think she would fit as someone initially a part of say NY Guild but then aligns herself with Gambit to counter Fanto/Candra

    5 - Nightcrawler - Can always use a teleporter and while not a classic thief, he does have some roguish aspects to personality and I view him as conscious of the team.

    6 - Karma - Need a telepath and thought her and Gambit worked well in AXM. Also has leadership qualities and can be Gambit's second in command.
    A guild civil war would be an interesting storyline. I think Remy spearheading an Xmen team would be great. I can't remember the last time he lead a team aside from that brief period he lead a team into that airplane in Xmen Red. Your roster is pretty interesting though, that would be a wild ride and pretty unorthodox. I still think a story line where Remy takes on Sinister again, alone or with others, would be my number one choice. I've heard about Asmus wanting to include Black Cat but editorial blocking it (screw editorial). I've always wondered to what capacity he wanted to write Black Cat into Gambit's solo. I think her inclusion would've been great in almost any role whether it was a romantic interest, just a teammate, or an adversary. Screw Marvel's editorial once again for blocking that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    OR! When the X-Men are part of the MCU, the film-makers decide that they need to bring the truly iconic Gambit/Rogue relationship to the screen, and a whole new audience falls in love with them as a couple. Marvel decides to run with it, and we get even more Romy goodness.

    I choose to believe in THAT future.
    I've always thought that Fox really dropped the ball when they didn't include Romy in the original Xmen movie from 2000. Gambit was at his peak back then in terms of popularity, Rogue was also very popular, and the Romy fandom was at it's height in terms of love and fans. You can make a case that Romy was just as if not more popular than Scott and Jean back then. Aside from Logan and Days of Future Past, the Fox Xmen movies have been disappointing to me and not just because they didn't feature Gambit.

  3. #63
    Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I read that Legacy run, but dropped the books shortly afterwards. I think I'm okay with it, because every character has had mediocre to terrible moments in their history. Including Gambit in the Racky years. I tend to dismiss it as the author's screw-up and forget about it.
    What happened in the "Racky years" I've head it referenced a lot. I drift in and out of comics...usually dictated to how much disposable income I have that year haha!
    L'Enfer !

  4. #64
    Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I've always thought that Fox really dropped the ball when they didn't include Romy in the original Xmen movie from 2000. Gambit was at his peak back then in terms of popularity, Rogue was also very popular, and the Romy fandom was at it's height in terms of love and fans. You can make a case that Romy was just as if not more popular than Scott and Jean back then.
    I wasn't surprised when he wasn't featured in the first one, but was incredibly surprised when he wasn't in any of the sequels. I remember his character being attached to both projects in early development.

    I also remember feeling a sense of deja vu when their where a lot of articles saying "Nightcrawler & Gambit to join X-Men" when Apocalypse was in its early stages.
    L'Enfer !

  5. #65
    Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I wasn't surprised when he wasn't featured in the first one, but was incredibly surprised when he wasn't in any of the sequels. I remember his character being attached to both projects in early development.

    I also remember feeling a sense of deja vu when their where a lot of articles saying "Nightcrawler & Gambit to join X-Men" when Apocalypse was in its early stages.
    I really enjoyed a few of the FOX movies, X1&2, First Class, The Wolverine, DOFP and LOGAN where all great in my book. X3 and Origins was the Franchise at its absolute worst. Apocalypse was quite boring.
    L'Enfer !

  6. #66
    Spectacular Member Askia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    What happened in the "Racky years" I've head it referenced a lot. I drift in and out of comics...usually dictated to how much disposable income I have that year haha!
    Basically, Gambit was just a background prop as editors would include him on the cover to boost sales. So they had to include him in the book, even though he never received development or contributed to the story. The only time he was relevant was to be a plot device for Rogue or character assassination. He was essentially a rack for his iconic jacket.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. Dr Wil Rose

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,371

    Default




    Varian for Uncanny 10

  8. #68
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post



    Varian for Uncanny 10
    Pretty cool cover but obviously we know Gambit won't be showing up in the issue. If her were to appear on an Uncanny cover anytime after the Mojoverse arc ends in MMX #10 then I would start speculating about him possibly appearing. I'm pretty sure the Mojoverse arc won't end until April. I say there's no chance Gambit appears in Uncanny X-men at least until then and probably until the Summer after Age of X-man is over.

  9. #69
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    RE: Racky Lebeau

    A talented photoshop person was able to insert a coat rack for Gambit and the scenes he was in read exactly the same. Which meant a coat rack was as "useful" as Gambit in those issues, not a good time for Gambit.

    I will say, some of the photo-shopped scenes were hilarious with the coat rack. Thus "Racky" (coat rack) Lebeau.

    I'll attach an avatar used back then.

    racky lebeau avatar.jpg
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

  10. #70
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    RE: Racky Lebeau

    A talented photoshop person was able to insert a coat rack for Gambit and the scenes he was in read exactly the same. Which meant a coat rack was as "useful" as Gambit in those issues, not a good time for Gambit.

    I will say, some of the photo-shopped scenes were hilarious with the coat rack. Thus "Racky" (coat rack) Lebeau.

    I'll attach an avatar used back then.

    racky lebeau avatar.jpg
    lmao, I remember that. I think if I remember correctly it was 2 or 3 panels in a scene with Gambit and Rogue in Gage's run? It was actually very funny because it was supposed to be an emotional scene. Do you have the entire scene with that photo manip?
    And yeah, Gambit was horribly written back then...

  11. #71
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    lmao, I remember that. I think if I remember correctly it was 2 or 3 panels in a scene with Gambit and Rogue in Gage's run? It was actually very funny because it was supposed to be an emotional scene. Do you have the entire scene with that photo manip?
    And yeah, Gambit was horribly written back then...
    No, I don't have the whole thing. I made change to some stuff with the guild. I am a person who saves stuff. I'll look it up. LOL.

    edit:
    And I'll post those panels if I got them. If not, the avatar will have to do.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-12-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

  12. #72
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    No, I don't have the whole thing. I made change to some stuff with the guild. I am a person who saves stuff. I'll look it up. LOL.

    edit:
    And I'll post those panels if I got them. If not, the avatar will have to do.
    Oh the days of Racky Lebeau, glad those days are long gone. And yes post the hilarious panels Neko if you can find them. I didn't visit the Guild much back in the Legacy days but I would've loved to be there to see what was going on when the chaos was unfolding in Legacy.

    On another note AppleJ posted this great sketch of Gambit by an artist on twitter: https://twitter.com/SadMeganGirls/st...40698920185863

  13. #73
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Oh the days of Racky Lebeau, glad those days are long gone. And yes post the hilarious panels Neko if you can find them. I didn't visit the Guild much back in the Legacy days but I would've loved to be there to see what was going on when the chaos was unfolding in Legacy.

    On another note AppleJ posted this great sketch of Gambit by an artist on twitter: https://twitter.com/SadMeganGirls/st...40698920185863
    Will do, I'm certain I have those panels somewhere. LOL

    I saw that art on twitter, its pretty good.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

  14. #74
    Fantastic Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Oh the days of Racky Lebeau, glad those days are long gone. And yes post the hilarious panels Neko if you can find them. I didn't visit the Guild much back in the Legacy days but I would've loved to be there to see what was going on when the chaos was unfolding in Legacy.

    On another note AppleJ posted this great sketch of Gambit by an artist on twitter: https://twitter.com/SadMeganGirls/st...40698920185863
    I always love seeing different interpretations of my favorite characters. If I ever decide to spend the money on a commission, it'll be of Gambit
    Make Good Art

  15. #75
    Fantastic Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Looks like our boy got #2 in the X-Book Awards for Favorite Character. Jean Grey just had one more #1 vote for him
    Make Good Art

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •