Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Amusingly, it will be hanging completely loose in the upcoming Reign of the Supermen film:

Most female athletes with long hair braid or put their hair in ponytail for a reason.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Amusingly, it will be hanging completely loose in the upcoming Reign of the Supermen film:

oh yes!

that's what I'm talking about!

and that costume looks better with long hair.

lmao this is not what I was expecting. I thought you'd say the show was portraying her as weak or dumb, but we just here to complain about the hair.

LOL it looks good. Rarely does Wonder Woman not look good.
    The J-man

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lmao this is not what I was expecting. I thought you'd say the show was portraying her as weak or dumb, but we just here to complain about the hair.

LOL it looks good. Rarely does Wonder Woman not look good.
    Wonder Woman is the ultimate super heroine

I have been a fan of her since I was kid (and before I was born) - it's been carved in my mind and everyone else's that Wonder Woman black hair was and is always gloriously big and beautifully long

I know there aren't lots of people who agree with me, but personally that ponytail hair is a disservice to Wonder Woman.

if the animators are willing to draw and animate many other heroes, villains and characters with many distinctive features and complex humanoid appearance, then Wonder Woman hair should stay long glorious and loose.

like that Justice League animated series or any other incarnations from books, tv to movies.

a particular reason of "easier to draw" should have never become a justification for drawing Wonder Woman with that terrible ponytail.

to be honest, I am not a fan of that particular costume either, I don't understand why Wonder Woman would wear a pair of baselayer arm sleeves, but that terrible ponytail was the icing on the cake.

do you like pony tails in general?
    The J-man

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post
    Wonder Woman is the ultimate super heroine

I have been a fan of her since I was kid (and before I was born) - it's been carved in my mind and everyone else's that Wonder Woman black hair was and is always gloriously big and beautifully long

I know there aren't lots of people who agree with me, but personally that ponytail hair is a disservice to Wonder Woman.

if the animators are willing to draw and animate many other heroes, villains and characters with many distinctive features and complex humanoid appearance, then Wonder Woman hair should stay long glorious and loose.

like that Justice League animated series or any other incarnations from books, tv to movies.

a particular reason of "easier to draw" should have never become a justification for drawing Wonder Woman with that terrible ponytail.

to be honest, I am not a fan of that particular costume either, I don't understand why Wonder Woman would wear a pair of baselayer arm sleeves, but that terrible ponytail was the icing on the cake.
    Are you seriously implying they gave her a ponytail as a cost cutting measure? Lol. You are taking a hairstyle chose way too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, I'm not seeing it. If anything, she looks younger to me.
    Yes, I too do not see it. Diana looks younger, not older. And I see many (more) young girls wearing their hair in that fashion, as opposed to grandmoms.

I think you are making too much about the hair.

I thought it was a good, temporary look and I love it.

I thought this was going to be about her characterization.

Instead it's 2 pages of whining about hair.

Kinda like all the problems with MCU Captain Marvel are her not smiling.

The sexism is strong in here.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought this was going to be about her characterization.

Instead it's 2 pages of whining about hair.

Kinda like all the problems with MCU Captain Marvel are her not smiling.

The sexism is strong in here.
    People are genuinely complaining that a character who's a military hard ass doesn't smile? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    People are genuinely complaining that a character who's a military hard ass doesn't smile? What?
    I think it is more she has the same bored expression in every scene. Even warriors like Wonder Woman get angry, sad, cry, show fright. As well as laugh and smile. Or Batman, the ultimate hard ass. Maybe there is a reason
    Captain Marvel has the same bored expression in every scene. But the idea of a trailer is to introduce a character and if in every scene the character looks bored that is all people know about the character. There is nothing
    in the trailer to indicate that Captain Marvel is a military hard ass or why she has the same bored expression all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think it is more she has the same bored expression in every scene. Even warriors like Wonder Woman get angry, sad, cry, show fright. As well as laugh and smile. Or Batman, the ultimate hard ass. Maybe there is a reason
    Captain Marvel has the same bored expression in every scene. But the idea of a trailer is to introduce a character and if in every scene the character looks bored that is all people know about the character. There is nothing
    in the trailer to indicate that Captain Marvel is a military hard ass or why she has the same bored expression all of the time.
    That is exactly how the actress who played Arclight looked in X3! I mean, that was a real person, and her look was exactly the same in every scene! Just terrible. Add another log on the X3 movie pyre!

Getting up in arms because of a ponytail? A simple thing that can easily be undone?

Sorry, but I can only see this as much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to cut their hair off? The soldiers in most professional militaries have their hair cut short, going back all the way to the Roman Legions. Amazons went so far as to cut
    off a breast to make shooting an arrow easier. That is where the word Amazon comes from a mazos - without breast. Why wouldn't they cut off their hair if it was getting in the way? The only reason
    Amazon women are depicted with long hair in popular culture is to make them look pretty. A haircut like Alex Danvers now has would probably better resemble what an Amazon would look like.
    Greek Amazons most likely didn't exist and were mention mostly to play the boogeyman to "civilized society". All evidence of a Amazon like tribe of women come from Scythia and Sarmatia. The women there wore nearly identical clothes to men, had long blonde and mostly red hair and blue eyes and were nomads.

Many men in ancient professional armies had long hair, the most famous one to the west is Sparta. Short hair in the Roman legions was more of a cultural thing. As the romans considered men with long hair to be barbarians.

I really don't care that much about about her hair.....