View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Hero?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • T'challa/Black Panther

28 34.15%
  • Ororo Munroe/Storm

28 34.15%
  • Monica Rambeau/Spectrum/Photon

20 24.39%
  • Luke Cage/Powerman

11 13.41%
  • Misty Knight

10 12.20%
  • Sam Wilson/Falcon

12 14.63%
  • James Rhodes/War Machine

6 7.32%
  • Lunella Lafayette/Moon Girl

4 4.88%
  • Riri Williams/Iron Heart

5 6.10%
  • Eric Brooks/Blade

12 14.63%
  • Tyrone Johnson/Cloak

6 7.32%
  • Nick Fury/Nick Fury Jr

2 2.44%
  • Miles Morales/Spiderman

17 20.73%
  • Shuri

8 9.76%
  • Jericho Drumm/Brother Voodoo

12 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes and no. I mean that's not far removed from, "Strike? Hell naw, I ain't gon' strike! You might have to give up your seat, or move to the back, but why complain? It's a blessing that they let us on the bus at all!"
    That analogy does not make any sense. You have thing twisted Monica Rambeau legacy is not defined the name Captain Marvel what every they call Photon,Puslar, Spectrum she has been a dope hero. Monica has NEVER been the FIRST captain marvel however you try to spin it giving her the name Captain Marvel made her derivative or sidekick. Crying that are making Carol definitively Captain Marvel is backwards thinking and nothing Monica Rambeau has done being erased because of that move.

She is not popular character despite being avengers chairman and after that Avengers run she has been in and out of limbo. Going years upon years in limbo what book is Monica in now? Yeah that is right she in limbo again. If you are worried about her being a "sidekick" you have wrong priorities. She doesn't even have to be in the movie putting her in the movie is nice nod to that she was Captain Marvel a name she hasn't had for years and will never touch in the MCU. I am speaking on the reality Black Knight, Wonder Man, Hercules,Tigra aren't locks to show up. However they show up in MCU it is fine because they can easily skip over them. They tie Monica to Captain Marvel carol fine because it is not like Marvel was doing Dr Druid, Black Knight, She Hulk,etc Avengers run and they sure as hell weren't giving her solo movie.So yeah once again just using her is a blessing because as you can see she doesn't get used.

If you guys want to fight for crumbs of Captain Marvel name that is on you guys. Monica Rambeau is Spectrum her own brand. period .Build her up from that
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-10-2019 at 02:06 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

"She is not popular character despite being..." relaunched and cancelled relaunched and cancelled relaunced and cancelled. . . ad nauseum.
    Oh wait... you meant Monica didn't you.

Names have power. Its daft to pretend otherwise. If Captain Marvel wasn't a big deal then the blonde girl would still be called Ms.Marvel, or Warbird, or Binary...
    Every bit of push carol is getting is push Monica should have gotten and should be getting. Some people indeed associate that push with the name, which is incorrect it was correlation not causation... (because wonder woman, we need a woman... of a certain type to push).

Non-the-less the idea that Spectrum is the Brand, is laugable especially when right there in the movie it says "PHOTON" on the side of her plane. The idea that marvel wants to build her up somehow when all Danvers is doing is retreading Monica's old beats is equally laughable, lead the avengers, Done that?

On another note. This poll is missing quite a few people.
    Sunspot and the Blue Marvel and a few others.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

Monica has had Appearances almost every year in books since her first Appearance.
    The only year she was not in any thing was in 1995 looking at her Appearances lists BELOW.
    She tends not to stay in limbo that long even when she goes into limbo.

Captain Marvel (Marvel)(02 - Monica Rambeau) - Chronological Listing
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=3253

Pulsar (Marvel)(04 - Monica Rambeau) - Chronological Listing
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=3850

Monica Rambeau (Marvel) - Chronological Listing
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=25400

Photon (Marvel)(02 - Monica Rambeau) - Chronological Listing
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=4950
    Monica Rambeau 616 Appearances only.
    446 Appearances of Monica Rambeau (Earth-616)
    28 Minor Appearances of Monica Rambeau (Earth-616)

Monica Rambeau (Earth-616)/Appearances
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...=1547112597925
    Other Appearances not in 616.
    Alternate Reality Versions Appearances
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Monica...ality_Versions
    Last edited by mace11; 01-10-2019 at 02:43 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I think Monica has had Appearances every year in books since her first Appearance.
    The only year she was not in any thing was in 1995 looking at the Appearance lists BELOW.
    True but its just sad she's not headlining when she obviously could be though it could be because
    she doesn't punch anything really.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Monica has had Appearances almost every year in books since her first Appearance.
    The only year she was not in any thing was in 1995 looking at her Appearances lists BELOW.

Other Appearances not in 616.
    Alternate Reality Versions Appearances
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Monica...ality_Versions

I don't think fans would be happy when the character is basically in the background in their appearances during that period (look at civil war 1. you have an S-tier in monica on the anti-reg side and she gets to do nothing). Not to mention giving Genis vell her identity twice!
    Ellis helped rekindle the character with Nextwave, and ewing is doing a great job with the character getting more to do and getting character arcs, being a prominent voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    "She is not popular character despite being..." relaunched and cancelled relaunched and cancelled relaunced and cancelled. . . ad nauseum.
    Oh wait... you meant Monica didn't you.
    Carol Danvers was not popular character either,One thing does make other thing less true neither of them were all that popular. Names do have power and having your own name and brand different type of power. Like I said before Spectrum is the brand,Everything they do for her should be towards building up that brand. If you want crumbs of another character that's on you but nothing special about Monica is because she had the name Captain Marvel. The name doesn't make her better character she was just as good character in Nextwave with a different name.

Should she have gotten a push? Yes. Should that push been under the name Captain Marvel? No. She has give up going by names because Mar'vell,Carol, Genis'vell yet you still want character but attach to identity which creators are quick to pull away from her. Yeah I will pass on thought process. Her importance in her time as Captain Marvel isn't going away in the comics and movies is a different monster. Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne were founding members of Avengers and they could have easily moved on without using them ever in a serious way. I am happy that they are leaning towards using in MCU because it does not have to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Literally appearance means showing up a book,like for example Kylun,Tempus and Loa have appearances in this week Uncanny X-men. She was Avengers, Nextwave, Might Avengers and Ultimates.Now show amount of years in between appearances where you don't have guess where she is showing up for more than panel or two
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-10-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Invincible Member

Why do people insist on making this some sort of Carol vs Monica thing over a name that Monica hasn't used in 20yrs? Shouldn't we be talking about how Monica could better be used in the comics or what shape Monica's own movie or TV might take?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Why do people insist on making this some sort of Carol vs Monica thing over a name that Monica hasn't used in 20yrs? Shouldn't we be talking about how Monica could better be used in the comics or what shape Monica's own movie or TV might take?
    Yes please. I don't care if neither of them use the 'Captain Marvel' moniker, and leave it for one of his kids (Genis or Phyla or Dorrik, for a dude with no regular love interest, he sure got around...).

Monica has been just fine, arguably at her best, even, long after she quit using that name.

I'm more concerned with her power levels constantly ramping up. The ability to convert into any form of energy along the spectrum, from light to X-rays to gamma rays, and move at the speed of light, and shoot 'force blasts' was already pretty amazing. (At light speed, she could circle the planet 8 times in a *second.* It's a wonder she wasn't overshooting stuff, by, like, a couple thousand miles, whenever she tried to fly across the street!)

And then I read Nextwave, which was funny as ****, but had her able to arbitrarily do *anything* so long as she muttered some trek-babble about energy when she did it, and I smiled and took it as a meta joke about writers not having a frigging clue how her powers worked, but then she had that similar sort of 'do anything as long as I mention energy' power in the Ultimates, and I stopped smiling because it started to remind me of the Authority, who don't have 'powers' so much as they have buzzwords and catch-phrases, and if it fits within their theme (and looks cool), they can arbitrarily do it.

I'm too much a child of the Handbook days to cotton to that sort of squiffily defined narrative gumbo. I want boundaries and definitions and limits (and writers who know the first effing thing about science, even if they promptly flip physics the bird anyway). It's not cool or shocking or daring to color outside the lines if you never had any in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yes please. I don't care if neither of them use the 'Captain Marvel' moniker, and leave it for one of his kids (Genis or Phyla or Dorrik, for a dude with no regular love interest, he sure got around...).

Monica has been just fine, arguably at her best, even, long after she quit using that name.

I'm more concerned with her power levels constantly ramping up. The ability to convert into any form of energy along the spectrum, from light to X-rays to gamma rays, and move at the speed of light, and shoot 'force blasts' was already pretty amazing. (At light speed, she could circle the planet 8 times in a *second.* It's a wonder she wasn't overshooting stuff, by, like, a couple thousand miles, whenever she tried to fly across the street!)

And then I read Nextwave, which was funny as ****, but had her able to arbitrarily do *anything* so long as she muttered some trek-babble about energy when she did it, and I smiled and took it as a meta joke about writers not having a frigging clue how her powers worked, but then she had that similar sort of 'do anything as long as I mention energy' power in the Ultimates, and I stopped smiling because it started to remind me of the Authority, who don't have 'powers' so much as they have buzzwords and catch-phrases, and if it fits within their theme (and looks cool), they can arbitrarily do it.

I'm too much a child of the Handbook days to cotton to that sort of squiffily defined narrative gumbo. I want boundaries and definitions and limits (and writers who know the first effing thing about science, even if they promptly flip physics the bird anyway). It's not cool or shocking or daring to color outside the lines if you never had any in the first place...
    100% all of this ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Storm. First and Fave
    Attachment 76442
    Seconded.

And I would have added Bishop up there too.

so what's a good way to "stealth" a black super-team into a mini-series or a solo person's arc? We saw what happened to the recent "The Crew" revival.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That analogy does not make any sense. You have thing twisted Monica Rambeau legacy is not defined the name Captain Marvel what every they call Photon,Puslar, Spectrum she has been a dope hero. Monica has NEVER been the FIRST captain marvel however you try to spin it giving her the name Captain Marvel made her derivative or sidekick. Crying that are making Carol definitively Captain Marvel is backwards thinking and nothing Monica Rambeau has done being erased because of that move.

She is not popular character despite being avengers chairman and after that Avengers run she has been in and out of limbo. Going years upon years in limbo what book is Monica in now? Yeah that is right she in limbo again. If you are worried about her being a "sidekick" you have wrong priorities. She doesn't even have to be in the movie putting her in the movie is nice nod to that she was Captain Marvel a name she hasn't had for years and will never touch in the MCU. I am speaking on the reality Black Knight, Wonder Man, Hercules,Tigra aren't locks to show up. However they show up in MCU it is fine because they can easily skip over them. They tie Monica to Captain Marvel carol fine because it is not like Marvel was doing Dr Druid, Black Knight, She Hulk,etc Avengers run and they sure as hell weren't giving her solo movie.So yeah once again just using her is a blessing because as you can see she doesn't get used.

If you guys want to fight for crumbs of Captain Marvel name that is on you guys. Monica Rambeau is Spectrum her own brand. period .Build her up from that
    Clearly, you misapprehend my position. I never stated that Monica had the Captain Marvel sobriquet before Mar-Vell (of whom I was a HUGE fan), nor is this about the name. This is about second class treatment which is by definition derivative. Indeed, this is about Monica getting credit for her great legacy. Most of the public has no idea who Monica Rambeau is. When she first comes to their attention in the movie it will likely not be as the shining, dynamic femme extraordaire that we all know and love. Carol will supplant her (and others) in part by establishing that Monica was never even of her peerage, let alone the first woman to carry the torch forward that is the Captain Marvel moniker. That's my perception, fully awake and focused, eyes wide open and all senses on point.

But enough about this topic. My apologies to the OP, we've derailed this thread enough.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's a good way to "stealth" a black super-team into a mini-series or a solo person's arc? We saw what happened to the recent "The Crew" revival.
    Ewing's Mighty Avengers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

New black X-Man this year. UNVEIL.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsdz2y0BUGL

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    True but its just sad she's not headlining when she obviously could be though it could be because
    she doesn't punch anything really.
    She should have a crazy versatile powerset and potentially be infinity strong. She can move at light speed and is essentially living hardlight. She should be able to punch with infinitely massive force if she wants too. Monica should be godtier on the Avengers.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum