View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Hero?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • T'challa/Black Panther

28 34.15%
  • Ororo Munroe/Storm

28 34.15%
  • Monica Rambeau/Spectrum/Photon

20 24.39%
  • Luke Cage/Powerman

11 13.41%
  • Misty Knight

10 12.20%
  • Sam Wilson/Falcon

12 14.63%
  • James Rhodes/War Machine

6 7.32%
  • Lunella Lafayette/Moon Girl

4 4.88%
  • Riri Williams/Iron Heart

5 6.10%
  • Eric Brooks/Blade

12 14.63%
  • Tyrone Johnson/Cloak

6 7.32%
  • Nick Fury/Nick Fury Jr

2 2.44%
  • Miles Morales/Spiderman

17 20.73%
  • Shuri

8 9.76%
  • Jericho Drumm/Brother Voodoo

12 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Loving that Monica is getting props with the poll, I wish it would translate to love in the comics but hopefully 2019 marks a banner year for my #1 hero. Also really wish the same for Blue Marvel. Someone other than Ewing at Marvel has to be interested in Adam.
    Give them their own book. If we can get Mr. & Mrs. X, we can get a BM/Spectrum book.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Give them their own book. If we can get Mr. & Mrs. X, we can get a BM/Spectrum book.
    100% agreed.

I voted for two characters. I voted Miles Morales because there is something in my brain that tells me I basically have to pick the character with a spider on their chest no matter what, because they will always be my favorite anything ever. But I also voted for Storm because I think she's just plain awesome.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    "None of the Above" or "Other" should be a poll option.
    I tried to edit it, but I have no idea how to edit a poll. I'm open to learning though if someone would like to offer assistance.

When I came back to comics, I was surprised at how many people actually liked Luke. Even raved about him. Even though he formed one of the most popular duos in Marvel history, I never got the impression that readers cared all that much for him back in the day. Maybe he just reached his peak and we're seeing the downward slope? These things tend to be cyclical.
    I love Luke Cage. Honestly, it's because of his Netflix show that I started reading his books (and the fact that Comixology was having a sale on all of his collected comics). Granted, I didn't much care for the second season of the series, but the books have been really great! I'm really happy that he's been introduced to the mainstream. Otherwise, I probably never would have come across him/his narrative.

I'm also happy that Monica is going to hit the big time (as well as Brother Voodoo when the new Dr. Strange film comes out) I'm still salty that she's not the Captain Marvel they chose to do the movie about. I mean, she was the first Female Captain Marvel.

I went with brother voodoo. i love the character and think he has a ton of potential. i'm not sure when i'll see him again, but i liked him in avengers

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    I'm also happy that Monica is going to hit the big time (as well as Brother Voodoo when the new Dr. Strange film comes out) I'm still salty that she's not the Captain Marvel they chose to do the movie about. I mean, she was the first Female Captain Marvel.
    Well, if the rumors are true, Monica won't be the first female Captain Marvel in the movie/MCU. They are going to completely wipe out all of that. We'll have to see what treatment, if any, Monica gets. I have a feeling she's going to be relegated to sidekick or understudy duties, which will most certainly tick me off.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Well, if the rumors are true, Monica won't be the first female Captain Marvel in the movie/MCU. They are going to completely wipe out all of that. We'll have to see what treatment, if any, Monica gets. I have a feeling she's going to be relegated to sidekick or understudy duties, which will most certainly tick me off.
    This is my big fear and it would piss me off to no end. There's literally nothing Carol could teach Monica.

Fantastic Member

I remember when Spiderman was coming to the MCU and there was this online campaign to get Miles Morales to be the MCU Spiderman and Nerds came out of the woodwork talking about how "Peter needs to be first because he was the FIRST Spiderman, blah blah" (of course, this didn't stop the MCU from taking most of Miles' story and giving it to MCU Peter)

And now when it was time to bring Captain Marvel to the mainstream, they decided to go with the Carol, rather than Monica who was the first woman to hold the title.

But I didn't hear no outcry from the "comic purists" over that one. They can't even be consistent in their arguments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This is my big fear and it would piss me off to no end. There's literally nothing Carol could teach Monica.
    Well for mcu version that could be different or not.
    There are some folks that call peter parker in the mcu iron man jr. etc...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ugh. As a fan of both, this I do not want. Let Monica shine all on her own. Don’t diminish this powerful black woman to prop up her white counterpart.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

All-New Member

Low key kinda hate this whole ''Black/Asian/Latino superhero appreciation'' BS. Superheros are just that, heroes. Its honestly annoying when someone wants to throw in some racial motive for some cringy reason. I just chose my favorite from the list, Blade is my childhood.

BANNED

I remember when Spiderman was coming to the MCU and there was this online campaign to get Miles Morales to be the MCU Spiderman and Nerds came out of the woodwork talking about how "Peter needs to be first because he was the FIRST Spiderman, blah blah" (of course, this didn't stop the MCU from taking most of Miles' story and giving it to MCU Peter)

And now when it was time to bring Captain Marvel to the mainstream, they decided to go with the Carol, rather than Monica who was the first woman to hold the title.

But I didn't hear no outcry from the "comic purists" over that one. They can't even be consistent in their arguments.
    what are you talking about?
    people violently **** all over carol saying it should've been mar-vell or monica because they're billions of times better as a character than carol.
    Jesus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    what are you talking about?
    people violently **** all over carol saying it should've been mar-vell or monica because they're billions of times better as a character than carol.
    Jesus.
    Uh, Marvel said they wanted to have a Female Captain Marvel, so why not Monica? Why not use her as the hero, seeing as (comic-wise) she held the title before Carol. And it irks me that the MCU is going to relegate her to the Black Sidekick role, rather than treating her like her own hero.

The MCU said that the reason they went with Peter Parker over Miles Morales for the MCU was because Peter's story needed to be told first (even though they had not problem taking many aspects of Miles' story and giving to MCU Peter) but when it comes to a female Captain Marvel, suddenly seniority doesn't count for anything.

BANNED

Uh, Marvel said they wanted to have a Female Captain Marvel, so why not Monica? Why not use her as the hero, seeing as (comic-wise) she held the title before Carol. And it irks me that the MCU is going to relegate her to the Black Sidekick role, rather than treating her like her own hero.

The MCU said that the reason they went with Peter Parker over Miles Morales for the MCU was because Peter's story needed to be told first (even though they had not problem taking many aspects of Miles' story and giving to MCU Peter) but when it comes to a female Captain Marvel, suddenly seniority doesn't count for anything.
    you said "nerds came out of the woodwork" and "comic purists" referring to the audience not the mcu company
    that's the part I'm addressing

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    you said "nerds came out of the woodwork" and "comic purists" referring to the audience not the mcu company
    that's the part I'm addressing
    That part was addressing all of the people who said Miles couldn't/shouldn't be the MCU Spiderman.

Right here. And yeah, nerds came out of the woodwork trying to disparage the idea of Miles being the Spiderman for the MCU (despite the fact that the MCU took many aspects of Miles' story and gave it to Peter) So much so that the directors of Into the Spiderverse couldn't use Ganke for Miles' movie.