View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Hero?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • T'challa/Black Panther

28 34.15%
  • Ororo Munroe/Storm

28 34.15%
  • Monica Rambeau/Spectrum/Photon

20 24.39%
  • Luke Cage/Powerman

11 13.41%
  • Misty Knight

10 12.20%
  • Sam Wilson/Falcon

12 14.63%
  • James Rhodes/War Machine

6 7.32%
  • Lunella Lafayette/Moon Girl

4 4.88%
  • Riri Williams/Iron Heart

5 6.10%
  • Eric Brooks/Blade

12 14.63%
  • Tyrone Johnson/Cloak

6 7.32%
  • Nick Fury/Nick Fury Jr

2 2.44%
  • Miles Morales/Spiderman

17 20.73%
  • Shuri

8 9.76%
  • Jericho Drumm/Brother Voodoo

12 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    And it irks me that the MCU is going to relegate her to the Black Sidekick role, rather than treating her like her own hero.
    She could be introduce in the mcu solo movies and still may not be a sidekick.
    A grown up monica may show up in one of team movies like vision and scarlet witch.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-09-2019 at 02:04 AM.

I love Monica but prefer her using a name that isn't Captain Marvel. Personally I just like Spectrum best as her name since it ties in with her powers. And considering what Carol has become since Marvel gave her the name, I think it's for the best that they did not choose her to be the one they're giving the big push. They might have ruined her in fans' eyes too, with some big crossover story where she's written unlikable and constantly going "she's the number 1 hero." Even someone as well liked as Monica would have suffered from that sort of treatment.

FIRST OF ALL: That Luciano(?) piece with all the characters in the opening post is RAD AF!!!

That being said, personal faves of mine include big names like Ororo, Sunspot, T'Challa, Luke, Jericho, and Monica--also rising stars like Riri and Miles, but I'm also super in love with Monet, Prodigy (David), Cipher (Alisa), Synch (RIP) and Power Man.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    what are you talking about?
    people violently **** all over carol saying it should've been mar-vell or monica because they're billions of times better as a character than carol.
    Jesus.
    In fairness, Carol was getting slammed for various reasons even before the powers that be decided to give her a big push. The derision just magnified a thousandfold once the push happened.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Low key kinda hate this whole ''Black/Asian/Latino superhero appreciation'' BS. Superheros are just that, heroes.
    I hear you and agree. We'll get there someday. But we're not there yet.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Night Thrasher. Awww not on the poll.
    Quoted for truth. Love me some Thrash. And after Spiderverse, Miles leapfrogged several on that list.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Low key kinda hate this whole ''Black/Asian/Latino superhero appreciation'' BS. Superheros are just that, heroes. Its honestly annoying when someone wants to throw in some racial motive for some cringy reason. I just chose my favorite from the list, Blade is my childhood.
    Sometimes it's done because this tends to be the ONE place where those folks are appreciated and not HATED.
    It's also a good source for those who are looking for a list of POC heroes. It helps me for school related reasons.

people violently **** all over carol saying it should've been mar-vell or monica because they're billions of times better as a character than carol.
    I think folks take issue with all the shots Carol had gotten to get over-ongoing after ongoing. Something HONESTLY Monica would NEVER get.

Because folks take issue with Monica being a BLACK WOMAN. See it's fine for her and Storm to lead teams and be that team player. Yet when it comes to development and that solo shot-we got issues.
    Look at the push back to Moon Girl & Riri or even Shuri Or Image's Motor Crush (a book about a black Lesbian-that sells well on Amazon).
    Look at Naomi at DC-why is HER book returnable?
    If you thought the pushback to Black Panther and Miles having movies was great-try that mess with Monica. They will dig up EVERY failed black female lead movie from Catwoman to Proud Mary to Columbiana to justify not using her.

Look at it like this count how many successful solo running women of color do we have?

Cassandra Cain at 72
    Ms Marvel heading to 60
    Moon Girl will hit 50 in December
    Jessica Cruz (costarring) is at 50
    Silencer is at 18
    If you count Catwoman as a WOC-over 200

6?
    She Hulk, Babs Gordon, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Wasp (Janet version) & Carol at 100+
    Squirrel Girl is at 50
    Harley is over 75
    Witchblade is 180+
    Red Sonja is 100+
    Jessica Jones is MAYBE 50
    Dazzler & Dagger at what 50
    Buffy Vampire Slayer is 100+
    Betty & Veronica is over 600+

So if you had a choice Carol or Monica-who would you choose? I would go with Carol as CM. Because Monica can still be her OWN person as Spectrum. Be like how Black Panther opened the door for Shuri.

So much so that the directors of Into the Spiderverse couldn't use Ganke for Miles' movie.
    He is in the movie-Miles roommate is HIM. At least according to the Spiderverse guide that says it's Ganke.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Did we just collectively give up on sunspot being black. Thats crazy how they can just white-wash a character away.

Monica was Captain Marvel when I was growing up and she led the avengers. Everytime I see Carol I'm disgusted and reminded of: White Feminism. and bette midler.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

He is in the movie-Miles roommate is HIM. At least according to the Spiderverse guide that says it's Ganke.
    Yeah, Ganke was IN the movie, but the link states that Into the Spiderverse wanted to use Ganke more in Miles' movie, but couldn't because Homecoming pretty much stole the character. Ganke doesn't even have a line in Into the Spiderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Did we just collectively give up on sunspot being black. Thats crazy how they can just white-wash a character away.

Monica was Captain Marvel when I was growing up and she led the avengers. Everytime I see Carol I'm disgusted and reminded of: White Feminism. and bette midler.
    Right? And Marvel has this habit of giving white heroes Black sidekicks. Cap and Falcon. Iron Man and War Machine. And those don't bother me that much because Falcon and Rhodey were created to be characters for those specific characters. But Monica was always her own character. But from what I've seen so far with Captain Marvel (attaching Monica's mother as some kind of side character for Carol) it's like they're straight up giving Carol her own Black sidekick in Monica. Monica had nothing to do with Carol, and now her first big intro to the world is gonna be as Carol's helper? Why?

It will always bother me that Marvel pretty much took an independent Black woman and made her story subservient to Carols'.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Quoted for truth. Love me some Thrash. And after Spiderverse, Miles leapfrogged several on that list.
    Speaking of which, wasn't Night Thrasher supposed to be on some New Warriors show? I kind of profile push like that would really get people talking about him (and maybe even get him a mini/ongoing). I mean, it's worked so far for Cloak, and it can certainly work for Night Thrasher.

Sad to see Nick Fury hardly getting any love.

Right? And Marvel has this habit of giving white heroes Black sidekicks. Cap and Falcon. Iron Man and War Machine. And those don't bother me that much because Falcon and Rhodey were created to be characters for those specific characters. But Monica was always her own character. But from what I've seen so far with Captain Marvel (attaching Monica's mother as some kind of side character for Carol) it's like they're straight up giving Carol her own Black sidekick in Monica. Monica had nothing to do with Carol, and now her first big intro to the world is gonna be as Carol's helper? Why?

It will always bother me that Marvel pretty much took an independent Black woman and made her story subservient to Carols'.
    The really funny part is that both Sam and Rhodes eventually took over the alpha's mantle. Sam became Captain America for a spell, and Rhodes wore the Golden Avenger's armor.

With Monica it's like the movie is grandfathering in her sidekick status. Let them tell it, Monica didn't have the Captain Marvel name first, Carol did. And Monica wasn't the most accomplished woman to wear that name with distinction on Earth and throughout the universe, Carol was. And Monica wasn't the most powerful female Captain Marvel, Carol is. They sure are going that extra mile to "progressively" set us back 100 years. Might as well call Carol El-Vis and establish that she invented rock and roll, too.

~James Baldwin

Uh, Marvel said they wanted to have a Female Captain Marvel, so why not Monica? Why not use her as the hero, seeing as (comic-wise) she held the title before Carol. And it irks me that the MCU is going to relegate her to the Black Sidekick role, rather than treating her like her own hero.

Naming her after dead male hero who she is more popular than isn't regulating her to a sidekick role? Spectrum is just fine establish her as own her hero brand. Also I love that fans(myself included) go hard for character who isn't guaranteed to show up in any meaningful way you are worried about her being sidekick? Nah worry about her showing up even with Maria "Photon" Rambeau set up in Captain Marvel movie there is no guarantee she shows up. I remember having convo with someone who was worried that Adam Warlock would not be taken seriously in Guardians of Galaxy and showing up in franchise might lower caliber of character. Then I had remind him that Infinity Gauntlet is probably the biggest Adam Warlock story if there was any story he was necessary to him being in was that one and he didn't show up. Monica Rambeau can't even get a stable gig in comics and an She was Avengers Chairman. Her showing up at all in any form in media is a blessing.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-10-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Anybody seen this?
    Leaked Captain Marvel Image Reveals A Young Monica Rambeau
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...onica-rambeau/
    and

'Captain Marvel' Sneak Peek Might Give Us Our First Look at Monica ...
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/01...l-danvers-mcu/
    Last edited by mace11; 01-10-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Naming her after dead male hero who she is more popular than isn't regulating her to a sidekick role? Spectrum is just fine establish her as own her hero brand. Also I love that fans(myself included) go hard for character who isn't guaranteed to show up in any meaningful way you are worried about her being sidekick? Nah worry about her showing up even with Maria "Photon" Rambeau set up in Captain Marvel movie there is no guarantee she shows up. I remember having convo with someone who was worried that Adam Warlock would not be taken seriously in Guardians of Galaxy and showing up in franchise might lower caliber of character. Then I had remind him that Infinity Gauntlet is probably the biggest Adam Warlock story if there was any story he was necessary to him being in was that one and he didn't show up. Monica Rambeau can't even get a stable gig in comics and an She was Avengers Chairman. Her showing up at all in any form in media is a blessing.
    Yes and no. I mean that's not far removed from, "Strike? Hell naw, I ain't gon' strike! You might have to give up your seat, or move to the back, but why complain? It's a blessing that they let us on the bus at all!"

~James Baldwin

I vote for Rage - the black Hulk.

Extraordinary Member

I did not vote because i did not see blue marvel's name,but blue marvel is my top favorite superhero.