I have really not been into Joe Golem as much as Mike's other stuff.

1/23/19 - I've since collected all the Joe Golem TPB and new series, digging it now. It took a while for me to warm up to it and "get it", but I am loving it now.
    Last edited by KROENEN; 01-23-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Very cool, since I haven't read the novel I have no idea what is going to happen.

I just read through the trades and The Copper Girl (first time for that one), with plans to dig back into the novel before the adaptation completes. I read it when it initially came out, but haven’t had a chance to revisit it

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post

Currently listed as "Publication Date: May 15, 2019".

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...he-Conjurors-1

The Claw of Justice!

I haven't been keeping up with comics very well for a little while, but I just read on Mignolaversity that this is the end of the series (unless I'm misreading it). Is this true?
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with comics very well for a little while, but I just read on Mignolaversity that this is the end of the series (unless I'm misreading it). Is this true?
    I wasn't involved in that article, so I don't know for sure. I suspect it is the end of Joe Golem: Occult Detective, and will be followed up by Joe Golem: <New Subtitle>.

I wasn't involved in that article, so I don't know for sure. I suspect it is the end of Joe Golem: Occult Detective, and will be followed up by Joe Golem: <New Subtitle>.
    Hopefully the next series will have a different artist. The current book continues to disappoint in depicting the Drowned City and Joe.
    If i hadn't read the novel, I would have no sense of the world in which this takes place. And the next series will be after the novel. I doubt I will read it with Bergting drawing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Claw of Justice!

I see, thank you. That would make more sense.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hopefully the next series will have a different artist. The current book continues to disappoint in depicting the Drowned City and Joe.
    If i hadn't read the novel, I would have no sense of the world in which this takes place. And the next series will be after the novel. I doubt I will read it with Bergting drawing.
    Same here, I never saw the drowned city here...it always looked like Venice to me.

Patrick is a hard act to follow. It’s a shame they didn’t get someone with the same grit to their work. It’s a jarring shift, to be sure.

It’s also a shame Patrick left, seemingly to pitch a creator owned book somewhere, and is now drawing a Mask comic instead.

I don’t mind rotating artists on books, but it would be nice if they had more in common stylistically.

The underwhelming conclusion to the novel adaptation. I liked the lead in to the next story, with Molly going after Joe, but without a change in artist, I will pass on that series.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-03-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!