Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    These kinds of rumours seem persistent. I wouldn't like it at all personally, but more importantly I suspect the market is very limited.

People will say they want these kind's of books, but will they actually buy them?
    I think the market is tiny and DC has shown this already. They recently had Isabella on Black Lightning, Wein on Swamp Thing, Wolfman on Raven and Cyborg, Adams on Deadman and Superman, Dixon on Bane, Jones on Batman and probably others I'm forgetting and the sales ranged from mediocre to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Kind of what happened with Claremont doing his X-Men continuation. I'd love to see some of the old school creators back hopefully using some current techniques. I'm also NOT suggesting these replace newer, innovative books, but seeing some of the classic stuff from the seventies and eighties updated could be fun.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-tell-us-more/

Please discuss and don't let my post die of loneliness.
    Isn't it marvels 80th anniversay? Maybe this is some sort of old school project celebrating that.

Busiek is already doing 80th anniversary stuff, if you're wondering if they're bringing back any old heads at all.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Busiek is already doing 80th anniversary stuff, if you're wondering if they're bringing back any old heads at all.
    Yes but I never stoped reading him so I don’t consider him a classic writer just a great writer in general. I believe his best work is from the last couple of years on Astro City.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm Bob Iger. Checkmate.
    Sure you are, Donny.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Mighty Member

Give me Simonson or bust. I don't care which Simonson, but give me a Simonson.

They should make it a new line with a separate continuity, put all the "classic" Marvel characters there, with old school writers and artists..
    And let the main continuity move on without them.

I'd love this! Busiek, Claremont, Miller, Simonson both Walt and Louise (on unconnected titles of course), Stern, Shooter and maybe Harras, and also maybe Larry Hama on Wolverine. I'd also buy X-titles by Lobdell and Nicieza but I don't know if they're considered iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They should make it a new line with a separate continuity, put all the "classic" Marvel characters there, with old school writers and artists..
    And let the main continuity move on without them.
    This would be a great idea. The man I would love to see most Mark Gruenwald, is no longer with us. I grew up with the classics and would love to see them again. Two separate universes could please everyone.

I always wanted to see a Marvel 1963 re do. Back in their silver age infancy. A 12 issue maxi. When Marvel only had a handful of heroes and villains. Another with the 70’s. That would be cool to relive all those stories in greater detail with modern writing. I hope this rumor is true. This will be nice tao combine the old with today’s standards of the industry.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 01-13-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Give me Simonson or bust. I don't care which Simonson, but give me a Simonson.
    Simonson is doing Ragnarok for IDW, so a new Simonson Thor story is close to actually being out there. If you loved walt's Thor, I'd strongly suggest Ragnarok.

People will say they want these kind's of books, but will they actually buy them?
    I would. In a heartbeat.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I won't say I want them. It's tricky. I'm always curious what they'll do and I'll probably buy my favorites if it's convenient and my pull list isn't too large. But I know I almost certainly won't bother to read the rest on Marvel Unlimited and I probably won't do more than ask "how was that" if I decided I can't afford to buy it that month.

For example, I bought the Black Panther Annual with McGregor, Priest, and Hudlin. I'd probably buy a Louise Simonson story. There's a Marvel Comics Presents story with Ann Nocenti I'm interested in checking out. But, if they released twenty in two months, I'd probably skip them all.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?