DOFP, DP2, The Wolverine

Good:

Xmen, FC

If I'm Drunk:

Origins, Last Stand

Dumpster Fire:

Apoc
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Donner and Kinsburg have publicly apologized for X3. Donner also apologize for Origins.

If you think those movies are better than Ragnarok, you are doing so to make a point. Even the people who poured their money and effort into those movies acknowledge they are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Donner and Kinsburg have publicly apologized for X3. Donner also apologize for Origins.

If you think those movies are better than Ragnarok, you are doing so to make a point. Even the people who poured their money and effort into those movies acknowledge they are garbage.
    The biggest offenders to the source material are the worst films. X3 told a derivative tale of the story (Gifted and Dark Phoenix) Ragnarok made a complete mockery of the story. To make a mockery is a worse act than to be derivative. Calling X3 garbage and not Ragnarok will be far-fetched. Films become garbage when you make a total fool out of it. Ragnarok did that. X3 took a higher road.

You will never see anyone not saying how scary Dark Phoenix is. we are not suppose to laugh at Ragnarok we are suppose to tremble at Ragnarok.If MCU had done a dark phoenix movie and it turned out like Ragnarok, Millions of X-Men fans will tell you it is worse than X3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The XCU is entertaining but as deep as a shallow pool they're survive level commentary on issues.
    Those are MCU movies. XCU took a high road from X1 to redefine what CBMs can be. Not too different from X-men comics reboot in 1975 or TAS in 1992. the only other franchise worthy to have that mantle is Batman. Calling XCU deep and shallow because MCU is, does not change anything. it only puts MCU X-Men in a loosing scenario.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-17-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The biggest offenders to the source material are the worst films. X3 told a derivative tale of the story (Gifted and Dark Phoenix) Ragnarok made a complete mockery of the story. To make a mockery is a worse act than to be derivative. Calling X3 garbage and not Ragnarok will be far-fetched. Films become garbage when you make a total fool out of it. Ragnarok did that. X3 took a higher road.

You will never see anyone not saying how scary Dark Phoenix is. we are not suppose to laugh at Ragnarok we are suppose to tremble at Ragnarok.If MCU had done a dark phoenix movie and it turned out like Ragnarok, Millions of X-Men fans will tell you it is worse than X3.
    There is big difference between the Dark Phoenix Saga and Ragnarok and it is Ragnarok is a well known Thor story Dark Phoenix is literally one of the most iconic stories in Comics not X-Men but comics so messing that up is far worst.

Take Logan and Old Man Logan was a well known Wolverine story and honestly it's ok but also quite ridiculous especially with inbred Hulks so Fox turned it into a better story about a dying Xavier and Logan no one screamed violation of source material because they made it something better. Ragnarok the comic and film are good the movie is a fun crazy ride which won over the general audience and many comic fans of course some comic fans are angry but honestly they are the minority not majority given how well Thor Ragnarok did.

There's no reason to rehash what went wrong with Last Stand it's been said a thousand times and why it's considered by many either the worst X-Men film or 2nd to last behind Origins.

Oh free piece of advice if you really wanted to pitch a stink about Thor Ragnarok go after Planet Hulk which is an iconic Hulk story and got short changed due to corporate politics.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-17-2019 at 09:39 AM.

There is big difference between the Dark Phoenix Saga and Ragnarok and it is Ragnarok is a well known Thor story Dark Phoenix is literally one of the most iconic stories in Comics not X-Men but comics so messing that up is far worst.

Take Logan and Old Man Logan was a well known Wolverine story and honestly it's ok but also quite ridiculous especially with inbred Hulks so Fox turned it into a better story about a dying Xavier and Logan no one screamed violation of source material because they made it something better. Ragnarok the comic and film are good the movie is a fun crazy ride which won over the general audience and many comic fans of course some comic fans are angry but honestly they are the minority not majority given how well Thor Ragnarok.

There's no reason to rehash what went wrong with Last Stand it's been said a thousand times and why it's considered by many either worst X-Men film of 2nd to last behind Origins.

Oh free piece of advice if you really wanted to pitch a stink about Thor Ragnarok go after Planet Hulk which is an iconic Hulk story and got short changed due to corporate politics.
    Well known or not, the same rule applies since I believe in equality. If I was a police officer, Do you think I will let Hugh Jackman off and arrest you if I caught both of you drunk driving? MCU deja vu-ed their movies. they did the same thing in Iron Man 3 with a not so iconic villain. fans complained. MCU should not have done the same with Ragnarok.

Endangered species is not as iconic as Dark Phoenix, if MCU has done an Endangered species film like Ragnarok , fans will still have the same complains. Ragnarok makes you feel better when you think of it as a Mickey film, not a marvel comics film , it works better when you see the film in that sense. although I still doubt that since I liked Disney's Hercules. MCU can do a spoofy silly thor movie, just don't call it Ragnarok. I will have told fox/wb the same if DOFP/TDK was like Ragnarok.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-17-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Well known or not, the same rule applies since I believe in equality. If I was a police officer, Do you think I will let Hugh Jackman off and arrest you if I caught both of you drunk driving? MCU deja vu-ed their movies. they did the same thing in Iron Man 3 with a not so iconic villain. fans complained. MCU should not have done the same with Ragnarok.

Endangered species is not as iconic as Dark Phoenix, if MCU has done an Endangered species film like Ragnarok , fans will still have the same complains. Ragnarok makes you feel better when you think of it as a Mickey film, not a marvel comics film , it works better when you see the film in that sense. although I still doubt that since I liked Disney's Hercules. MCU can do a spoofy silly thor movie, just don't call it Ragnarok. I will have told fox/wb the same if DOFP/TDK was like Ragnarok.
    TDK is better than DOFP and equating adapting Comics to Police Performances is just nonsense and I'm done with this conversations because I now know not to take anything you say seriously Bye Felicia.

BANNED

I understand not liking that Ragnarok was a comedy. That was the creative freedom of the director. You know, the same thing the MCU is said not to allow.

I found it entertaining as hell. Will I say it was a great telling of Ragnarok? Nope, but it was a damn good movie that the MCU will never have to apologize for.

X3 and Origins? Have literally been apologized for. And they were unentertaining drivel. They were a mess start to finish. Not because it was derivative, but because it was a poorly crafted movie. Say what you want about Ragnarok, but it succeeded at what it was attempting, it just wasn't your cup of tea. X3 and Origins are admitted failures by the people who made them. That is a huge distinction.

Simon Kinberg on apologizing for X3: "I’m sorry for X-Men 3. We tried to tell the Dark Phoenix story and we didn’t do it properly. So, with this Dark Phoenix story there is no ‘cure’ plot, there is no other plot. It is the Dark Phoenix story, as told in comics, as told in the cartoons. Sophie is the center of the film, that’s why she’s the one person that’s in the teaser poster. The entire movie revolves around her. It’s a movie that goes into space and is cosmic, very much inspired actually by what [Taika] did with Thor — even though the tone is totally different — but just the ability to make a character movie that still feels grounded, and fun, but is in whole other universes. Jessica Chastain’s character plays an alien, and that’s all I can tell you about that. But, yeah, it’s the Dark Phoenix story and if you’ve read that comic I think you’re going to like the movie a lot."

I already hate Dark Phoenix, just from reading that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Donner, the producer who helped Twentieth Century Fox snap up the film rights to the X-Men characters 23 years ago, is the first to admit that her very financially lucrative franchise has had a few creative rough patches. “Just forget about X-3. And the first Wolverine [Origins]? Forget about that too,” she laughingly said during a red-carpet interview in 2014.
    Yet another apology about those movies.

Also, I think it's funny how celebrated the XCU is here by some trolls for their creative directors. You know what else their directors have been really good at? Being awful, awful human beings.

BANNED

The Disney influence over MCU is increasingly getting worse with every movie.
    I love the pre-Disney MCU, I even love the first Disney/Marvel movie The Avengers.
    But the MCU has been going downhill since.
    It has become a comedy franchise for no good reason.

However, XCU hasn’t been been all great either, they have made plenty of mistakes, but that’s because unlike the MCU, the XCU take chances.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Simon Kinberg on apologizing for X3: "I’m sorry for X-Men 3. We tried to tell the Dark Phoenix story and we didn’t do it properly. So, with this Dark Phoenix story there is no ‘cure’ plot, there is no other plot. It is the Dark Phoenix story, as told in comics, as told in the cartoons. Sophie is the center of the film, that’s why she’s the one person that’s in the teaser poster. The entire movie revolves around her. It’s a movie that goes into space and is cosmic, very much inspired actually by what [Taika] did with Thor — even though the tone is totally different — but just the ability to make a character movie that still feels grounded, and fun, but is in whole other universes. Jessica Chastain’s character plays an alien, and that’s all I can tell you about that. But, yeah, it’s the Dark Phoenix story and if you’ve read that comic I think you’re going to like the movie a lot."

I already hate Dark Phoenix, just from reading that.
    What gets me is Kinberg wrote X3 and Phoenix. Are we supposed to believe that he has gotten to be that much better as a screenwriter between films? Even with all the director drama on X3 the main problem was still the screenplay was awful. I still have no faith in Kinberg at all. Was it him or Singer that said they got most of their X-Men knowledge from the 90's cartoon and not the comics in the first place?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What gets me is Kinberg wrote X3 and Phoenix. Are we supposed to believe that he has gotten to be that much better as a screenwriter between films? Even with all the director drama on X3 the main problem was still the screenplay was awful. I still have no faith in Kinberg at all. Was it him or Singer that said they got most of their X-Men knowledge from the 90's cartoon and not the comics in the first place?
    Co-writer. Zak Penn who also wrote X2 worked on the screenplay as well. That screenplay was bad because it was rushed by the studio.

IIRC, it was Singer who said most of his knowledge came from the cartoon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If his screenplays are any evidence I think he got his knowledge from those old Pizza Hut comic books. And he only read half of each one.

But you're absolutely right, the issue with the bad XCU movies is rather simple: they are poorly written and thus poorly told stories.

TDK is better than DOFP and equating adapting Comics to Police Performances is just nonsense and I'm done with this conversations because I now know not to take anything you say seriously Bye Felicia.
    DOFP was the closest thing Marvel had to TDK before Logan. When DOFP was released, that was the best and most compelling superhero drama we have had since TDK. As a marvel fan, I knew it was a matter of time before marvel arguably makes a movie better than TDK and I was right with Logan. DOPP was a more complex grey area movie than TDK, TDK is better directed but what separates both from Ragnarok is, they respected the overview story of the source material, Ragnarok didn't.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-18-2019 at 02:44 AM.