Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rank the X-Men movies from best to worst (in your humble opinion)

Oh well, I updated my personal list.

1- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - brilliant sci-fi movie
    2- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - epic superhero movie, the most X-Men-ish so far
    3- X2: X-Men United (2003)
    4- X-Men: First Class (2011)
    5- Dark Phoenix (2019) - second half could have been much better, overall great
    6- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - brilliant superhero movie, very bleak
    7- The New Mutants (2020) - fascinating, entertaining and well-crafted
    8- Logan (2017)
    9- The Wolverine (2013)
    10- X-Men (2000) - a modern classic which paved the way to the modern superhero genre
    11- Deadpool 2 (2018)
    12- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - fun and entertaining
    13- Deadpool (2016) - still a great movie
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 11-22-2020 at 09:13 AM.

1. Logan, and not even close (for the record, I don't even like the character). BRILLIANT movie.

2. Deadpool 2. What a crazy ass piece of fun!

3. X-Men Apocalypse. Probably one of the odd men out here, but I loved the film.

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past. The future could have had more screentime, but nonetheless great.

5. Deadpool. Great fresh new start for Ryan Reynolds, managed to completely redeem himself for all the underwhelming stuff before.

6. X-Men: First Class. A good and needed reboot after the subpar previous movies.

7. X-Men. A very good start for the franchise back then.

8. X2: X-Men United. Odd man out again, I never enjoyed it as much as the general fandom. Still ok though.

9. X-Men: The Last Stand. This is where it gets bad. An extremely underwhelming finale for the original trilogy.

10. The Wolverine. This movie is just SO unbelievably bland and irrelevant.

11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine. What a piece of effin' sh....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    3. X-Men Apocalypse. Probably one of the odd men out here, but I loved the film.
    This makes me glad. I loved it too.

Ranked by my Enjoyment of films and Rewatchablility.

1: X-Men First Class.
    2: Deadpool.
    3: X-Men Days of Future Past.
    4: Logan.
    5: Deadpool 2.
    6: X2.
    7: X-Men Apocalypse.
    8: X-Men.
    9: The Wolverine.
    10: X-Men Origins Wolverine.
    11: X-Men the Last Stand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Ranked by my Enjoyment of films and Rewatchablility.

1: X-Men First Class.
    2: Deadpool.
    3: X-Men Days of Future Past.
    4: Logan.
    5: Deadpool 2.
    6: X2.
    7: X-Men Apocalypse.
    8: X-Men.
    9: The Wolverine.
    10: X-Men Origins Wolverine.
    11: X-Men the Last Stand.
    I'm glad to see some love for "First Class".

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

1 - X2
    2 - First Class
    3 - Logan
    4 - Deadpool
    5 - DofP
    6 - X-Men
    7 - The Wolverine
    8 - Deadpool 2
    9 - Apocalypse
    10 - Wolverine Origins
    11 - Last Stand

BANNED

X2
    Deadpool
    Logan
    DoFP
    Deadpool 2

*meh*

X-men
    First class

*dropoff to nearly unwatchable - these are bad movies*

X3
    Apocalypse
    Wolverine
    Wolverine Origins

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I've never ranked the solos in with the team films before, so this should be interesting:
    1. X2/X-Men: Days of Future Past: Yeah, it's a tie. Sue me. Not only are they my favorites of the franchise, but they're also my favorite comic book movies of all time.
    2. Logan: While I think it's a more well-rounded film than the above, I just can't put it above them.
    3. X-Men: Apocalypse: I can't help it. I love this movie, despite its flaws.
    4. Deadpool 2: An improvement over the first one in nearly every way. A really fun movie.
    5. X-Men: Still a damn good movie after all these years, and its impact on both the comic book movie and overall Hollywood landscape can never be understated.
    6. Deadpool: A total game-changer. Awesome movie, and the saving grace of Ryan Reynolds's career.
    7. The Wolverine: A really good movie throughout the first two thirds. It kinda comes apart after the huge ninja fight, though.
    8. X-Men First Class: Outside of casting and a couple scenes, I don't like this one much. The best of the worst of the franchise.
    9. X-Men Origins: Wolverine: While a handful of tweaks could make this one better, it's still crap. Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth is the movie's saving grace.
    10. X3: While Origins is a technically worse film, this is the pits because just how much of a disappointment it was, especially considering how damn good X2 was.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I still haven't seen Apocalypse, The Wolverine and Deadpool 2, yet. (May catch up with them sometime and my rankings could change).

1. Logan: Not only my favorite X-Men movie but also my favorite superhero movie. It was simply breathtakingly brilliant.

2. X-Men First Class: I Love the movie, even if it has some flaws. Charles and Magneto are some of the best things i have seen in any superhero movie.

3. Days of Future Past: I think this is a better film then First Class. But First Class won because of characters. Not that Future Past lacks in that department.

These three comfortably enter my top ten superhero film list.

4. Deadpool: I don't like the character of Deadpool. But Ryan Reynolds was just exceptional. I haven't seen a character like this who can make an otherwise ordinary movie to be so entertaining.

5. X-Men 3: I haven't seen the initial trilogy since they have ended. So, this is a decade old opinion. I liked the third film over the first two. This may change if i watch them now. But for now that's where this stands.

6. X-Men 2: The first two were solid movies and i liked them. But somehow i felt that they were not as fun as X-Men Animated and X-Men Evolution, which i loved a lot.

7. X-Men: I liked it, but X-Men 2 was better.

8. Wolverine Orgins: The only boring X-Men movie i have seen.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-07-2019 at 08:40 PM.

1. Logan - To me there is absolutely no other film that even comes close. One of the only super hero films I would ever consider to be a true masterpiece of film making.
    2. X-Men: Days of Future Past - One of the only films in the X-Men franchise that is just as fun as it is serious and interesting making it for one heck of a time.
    3. Deadpool - A film that changed the game in a lot of ways. Especially because of how it made people see superhero films, both comic book fans and the general audience.
    4. The Wolverine - I loved seeing Logan overcoming his personal demons from The Last Stand and watching him grow throughout the film. Although I will admit the last third isn't as good as the rest, but the good outweighs the bad for me.
    5. X-Men: First Class - Not perfect but seeing the beginning's of Erik and Xavier's relationship is a must-see for this franchise and the whole thing falls apart for me without it.
    6. Deadpool 2 - Insane and more outrageous than the first, but really suffers from pacing issues.
    7. X2 - Really interesting for me and seeing more of Logan's past and the way he suffered was really incredible to see.
    8. X-Men - A great start to a series that I really love tbh.
    9. X-Men: The Last Stand - I don't think I'll ever understand the hate for this film. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the comics, but as a movie by itself I think its great.
    10. X-Men: Apocalypse - Do not like this at all. But it's honestly not awful either. It's definitely the most average film in my opinion.
    11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - The only movie that is actually a true piece of crap. But I still don't hate it mainly because even with it's incoherent tone and plot, you still get a sense of Logan's early life and Days of Future Past made it uncanon and Deadpool 2 went even further than that.

I think some people are going to cringe at my list. The main trilogy all at the bottom? Blasphemous.

1. Logan. (Finally Marvel arguably surpasses TDK. This is a big deal for us Marvel fans though with DOFP, we were not far off).

2. DOFP/ X2

4. First Class

5. Deadpool

6. X-Men 1

7. Deadpool 2

8. X-men 3

9. Origins

10. Apocalypse.

The first 5 will remain the highest ranked X-Men movies indefinitely. The list won't change after MCU X-Men is out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

X-Men: Apocalypse: I can't help it. I love this movie, despite its flaws.
    Honestly, there's nothing wrong with Apocalypse. It's just a terrific superhero movie.

Astonishing Member

Ok, i will join in...

01: Deadpool
    02: DOFP
    03: Deadpool 2
    04: X2
    05: Logan
    06: First Class
    07: X1
    08: Apocalypse
    09: Last Stand
    10: The Wolverine
    11: Wolverine Origins

12: Generation X ;-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    12: Generation X ;-)
    LOL, that's a proper alternative universe as well.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Honestly, there's nothing wrong with Apocalypse. It's just a terrific superhero movie.
    I think Apocalypse and most of the Horsemen were underdeveloped, but having undercooked villains is by no means a rarity in this genre.

The thing is, there's a really interesting take on Apocalypse there, but it wasn't played up enough. He seems genuinely surprised (almost hurt) when Magneto betrays him. Just like he was when the ancient Egyptians turned on him centuries earlier, which brings forth this idea that he genuinely believes his new world is for the best, and he doesn't see why people would turn against him and that idea. It essentially adds a vulnerability to Apocalypse that would have been great to see explored. I enjoyed Isaac's power-hungry, pontificating powerhouse as it is, especially his world-ending diatribes (which I will forever associate with the character thanks to the animated series), but it would've been neat to shift Apocalypse closer to the realm of a sympathetic villain through this sense of personal vulnerability.

Regarding the horsemen, I would have made Beast, Mystique, Magneto and Storm the horsemen and pitted the young X-Men vs their now-corrupted elders. I also would've tried to play up the horsemen's titles a bit (Death, War, Famine and Pestilence) through some some of creative power tweaking and have all of them turn on Apocalypse instead of just Magneto and Storm, compounding this sense of loss and betrayal on Apocalypse's part.

Back to the movie as it is, the X-Men movies have never gone quite this large in terms of scale before. DoFP had a disastrous future and an attack on DC, sure, but Apocalypse destroyed most of Cairo and was using Magneto to attack the entire planet. While that larger-than-life scale is used a lot in superhero movies, the X-Men films have never gone that big in that way previously, and it was awesome to see.

Naturally, the Phoenix reveal at the end stole the whole movie, and I'm sitting on pins and needles awaiting Dark Phoenix.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."