Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

1) Logan- Best Marvel movie ever, 2nd best comic movie behind TDK
    2) X-Men First Class
    3) The Wolverine- I know I am in the minority on this one but I really loved this movie other than how it handled silver samurai at the end but I thought 95 percent of this movie was brilliant
    4) Xmen- Days of Future Past
    5) X-men
    6) Deadpool- Really fun movie- Would be higher on the list but the movies go from being brilliant at times to stupid because the writers are trying so hard to "earn" the r rating
    7) Deadpool 2- Same as deadpool- really enjoyable but weighed down by it's dependence on gross out humor and cussing even in places where it makes no sense.
    8) X-men origins: Wolverine- Gotta say I love this movie, even though I completely get why people hate on it so much, I know its a bad movie but I still enjoy it a good deal.
    9) X-2- Have never understood all the love this movie gets, I mean I enjoy it but the way they absolutely sideline cyclops always angers me. Jean's Death felt really unemotional because they tried to lean heavily into the love triangle for with logan and scott but because they basically just removed scott from the film it took away from the impact of the ending.
    10)X-men apocalypse- how a movie made in 2016 with the budget they had and the CG available, made the most powerful x-men villain look like a mid 90's power rangers villain is beyond me. That nobody during the production process looked at apocalypse and said " this doesn't look good" is unbelievable.
    11) X3- One of the worst comic movies ever. Botched every thread from the first two films, meaninglessly killed off characters in an effort to try to come across as the "epic conclusion" . Overall just a horrible film. Only silver lining is that Frazier was great as beast.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ragnarok wasnt a parody it was a comedy and guess what fans loved it just as much as critics. Why because its a comedy but yet still has more character develpment then most Comicbook movies.
    Jesus, are you real?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Jesus, are you real?
    Don't want to speak for him but Yes Loki and Thor's relationship had a ton of development in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Don't want to speak for him but Yes Loki and Thor's relationship had a ton of development in the film.
    Yea I dont think people actually know what Parody means. It's a comedy with heart. Now yes they made Thor a comedy and I can understand how some people are gonna be like fu** that from the Jump. But the movies never approaches parody. I wish they would scaled back and let some those dramatic scenes breathe before the next joke came in but the fact is me and alot peoplle given the reception it got loved it. Especialy since Thor had the weakest movies prior.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with Thor Ragnarok except the name. The name triggers expectations for a certain type of story and that is literally the only legit gripe people have with movie. Even though the story is about the eventually end of Asgard salty fans can't deal that it wasn't a dead serious story. The movie is clearly an action comedy and clearly succeed at what it set out to be the only people disappoint with Ragnarok are people who thought that Ragnarok should have been a serious movie about the death of Gods and you would see the midgard serpent, thor dying,etc thought Thor Raganok should be futuristic braveheart/lotor style film with Asgardians gods instead the they got Thor buddy cop film.

The biggest problem with Thor Ragnarok for me is that wastes Planet Hulk (and thus World War Hulk) but since Marvel and Universal still playing games with each other we knew we aren't getting a Hulk solo movie.

Without counting Deadpool...

1. Days of Future Past
    2. Logan
    3. X2
    4. X-Men
    5. First Class
    6. Apocalypse
    7. The Wolverine
    8. X3 The Last Stand
    9. X-Men Origins Wolverine

With the only movies that are truly trash being X3 and Origins.

Ultimate Member

Thor Ragnarok is one of the better superhero movies in the last few years. It's a funny movie that pretty much had everything from comedy to tragedy.

Anyhow, to the X-men movies:

First Class
    Logan
    X2
    Days of Future Past
    X-men
    The Wolverine
    X-men Apocalypse
    X-men 3
    X-men Origins Wolverine

Ultimate Member

Ragnarok wasnt a parody it was a comedy and guess what fans loved it just as much as critics. Why because its a comedy but yet still has more character develpment then most Comicbook movies. Loki and Thor have more of an arc in that movie that the rest of they're appearances. Thors journey to becoming his own man without Mjonir and Odin to lean on so he can lead his people. And Loki slow journey to the realization that hes bee blaming other people his whole life for things that are his fault. The Elevator scene sums it up so well. As Thor tells Loki he was always his favorite person and he thought they would be by each other side forever. And Hiddlestons non verbal acting as it sinks in... oh it's not him I'm the *******. And yes they do undercut it with an immediate Gag. But it's a comedy.

And Thor was the least of all the Marvel franchises with Thor 2 being the closes thing to bad. So Marvel hired a cooky director and let him take Thor in a crazy new direction. And guess what Thors popularity went through the roof. So much so he was on of the main stars of Infinity war with Thanos and Tony. That movie was dominated by those 3 performances. Thor shined as much as Tony did. Given he took a backseat I hope Endgame is the Steve Rodgers show.
    Exactly.

I can only conclude that a lot of people criticizing Ragnarok haven't seen it or are trying to be "edgy".

One can criticize the humor of Ragnarok but to say the movie doesn't have a ton of development and very,very severe consequences for the characters involved isn't an opinion, it's just flat out false. Very few superhero movies have real consequences for the main characters like Ragnarok (it's even further compounded by Infinity War).

Where the characters go from all this is anyone's guess.

BANNED

Yea I dont think people actually know what Parody means. It's a comedy with heart.

LMAO
    We're talking about THOR. That's not THOR.
    Have you ever read THOR comic book issues?
    Do you know who's THOR?

And it's a bad comedy anyway.

X-Men 2
    Deadpool
    X-Men: First Class
    Logan
    X-Men
    Days of Future Past

The rest all are varying degrees of terrible.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

I have two little questions about X2... anyone wants to answer, rewatching a sequence? I will contact you privately. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    LMAO
    We're talking about THOR. That's not THOR.
    Have you ever read THOR comic book issues?
    Do you know who's THOR?

And it's a bad comedy anyway.
    Has nothing to do with the movie being good or not. Your last statement isnt objectively true in the slightest. Like I said in ny post I can see Thor fans saying fu** this movie from the jump. It's like saying BvS is bad because batman's killing people. It's a fair reason for you not to like it but has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. By most peoples accounts Thor 3 was a high quality movie and the biggest thor movie by a wide margin. Thor is more popular then ever.

I do think he was used better in Infinity war. Still had the characterization from ragnarok but in a movie with a better balance of tone. And he shined in that movie we finally got to see thor be the Superman of the MCU the way he busted in too Wakanda to save the day...... almost
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-23-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

I can only conclude that a lot of people criticizing Ragnarok haven't seen it or are trying to be "edgy".

One can criticize the humor of Ragnarok but to say the movie doesn't have a ton of development and very,very severe consequences for the characters involved isn't an opinion, it's just flat out false. Very few superhero movies have real consequences for the main characters like Ragnarok (it's even further compounded by Infinity War).

Where the characters go from all this is anyone's guess.
    See I don't think it was good movie at all. It was like two totally different movies sliced together which made the whole thing a big jumbled mess. It starts out serious then it a slapstick comedy and then it back to being serious. There is no way that is a good movie. The tone was all over the place and can give you whiplash with how fast it changes back and forth. The whole middle of that movie just felt completely different from the beginning and then end. Trying to cram too many storylines into one movie never works just like X3 or Spider-Man 3, and to me it did not work in Ragnarok either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    See I don't think it was good movie at all. It was like two totally different movies sliced together which made the whole thing a big jumbled mess. It starts out serious then it a slapstick comedy and then it back to being serious. There is no way that is a good movie. The tone was all over the place and can give you whiplash with how fast it changes back and forth. The whole middle of that movie just felt completely different from the beginning and then end. Trying to cram too many storylines into one movie never works just like X3 or Spider-Man 3, and to me it did not work in Ragnarok either.
    Good insight. That's the truth.

BANNED

Default Rank the X-Men Movies (2000-2020) from best to "less good"

Oh well, I updated my personal list.

1- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - brilliant sci-fi movie
    2- X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - epic superhero movie, the most X-Men-ish so far
    3- X2: X-Men United (2003)
    4- X-Men: First Class (2011)
    5- Dark Phoenix (2019) - second half could have been much better, overall great
    6- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) - brilliant superhero movie, very bleak
    7- The New Mutants (2020) - fascinating, entertaining and well-crafted
    8- Logan (2017)
    9- The Wolverine (2013)
    10- X-Men (2000) - a modern classic which paved the way to the modern superhero genre
    11- Deadpool 2 (2018)
    12- X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - fun and entertaining
    13- Deadpool (2016) - still a great movie