7. Deadpool 2 (2018).
    8. The Wolverine (2013).
    9. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).
    10. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).
    11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Try being honest at least.
    No mean to harm/offend you. Just a bit of irony. I changed the list in tune with your love for Cyclops. His role on "Apocalypse" was awesome, as well as on X1 and X2, and I'm sure he will be great on "Dark Phoenix".

Geez, I still think his wonderful and unexspected cameo on "X-Men Origins" kinda redeemed his death on "The Last Stand".

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    No mean to harm/offend you. Just a bit of irony. I changed the list in tune with your love for Cyclops. His role on "Apocalypse" was awesome, as well as on X1 and X2, and I'm sure he will be great on "Dark Phoenix".

Geez, I still think his wonderful and unexspected cameo on "X-Men Origins" kinda redeemed his death on "The Last Stand".
    As a Cyclops fan I hated his treatment in the Fox Films.

BANNED

I don't know how anyone, even the most ardent supporters of these movies, can argue Cyclops was well treated at any point. It's been a disaster for him, even in the really well done movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I don't know how anyone, even the most ardent supporters of these movies, can argue Cyclops was well treated at any point. It's been a disaster for him, even in the really well done movies.
    Yeah. He required more screentime in X2 too.
    But I think they did a great job with him in "Apocalypse" and they have surely done an even greater job with him in "Dark Phoenix". Hold on.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 01-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Yeah. He required more screentime in X2 too.
    But I think they did a great job with him in "Apocalypse" and they have surely done an even greater job with him in "Dark Phoenix". Hold on.
    In X1 and X2 Scott's best stuff is easy to find. Look on the menu of your disk for the part titled 'deleted scenes'.

The good stuff got cut from Apocalypse the same way, to provide a Wolverine cameo and more Xavier/Magneto angst that we have seen in pretty much every other film in the franchise, except for those few that don't have one or both of them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

In X1 and X2 Scott's best stuff is easy to find. Look on the menu of your disk for the part titled 'deleted scenes'.

The good stuff got cut from Apocalypse the same way, to provide a Wolverine cameo and more Xavier/Magneto angst that we have seen in pretty much every other film in the franchise, except for those few that don't have one or both of them.
    I legit laughed at the deleted scenes line.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Logan
    X-Men Days of Future Past
    X-Men First Class
    X-2 X-Men United
    Deadpool
    X-Men
    Deadpool 2
    The Wolverine
    X-Men Apocalypse
    X-Men The Last Stand
    X-Men Origins Wolverine

BANNED

Wolverine in the Apocalypse deleted scenes?

Wolverine in the Apocalypse deleted scenes?
    The Mall Scenes of Jean, Scott, Nightcrawler, and Jubilee were cut for the pointless Stryker stuff to have a Wolverine cameo. Which is sad because the bonding scenes would have helped with building the relationships I would hope they're planning of playing off in Dark Phoenix.

I know xmen is a comic series but when I look at the rankings and the overall take on the series, I see more comparisons to Rocky/Creed and mission impossible franchises. it doesn't feel as superficial like the cinematic universes movies (MCU/DCEU). it's more about the old school Hollywood way of doing things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I know xmen is a comic series but when I look at the rankings and the overall take on the series, I see more comparisons to Rocky/Creed and mission impossible franchises. it doesn't feel as superficial like the cinematic universes movies (MCU/DCEU). it's more about the old school Hollywood way of doing things.
    Great insight. You're right. They are brilliant and profound films, not your average popcorn movie party stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    I love the Rocky franchise but most of the franchise is less than stellar entries like Rocky III and V heck I love IV but it literally has him ending the cold war and a giant robot maid it went into ridiculousness. So a franchise that started off good went into the subpar and had a small renaissance towards the end so yeah the X-Men Franchise.

As for old Hollywood it was studio systems where the moguls chose the scripts picked a director and a contracted actor for the film and gave the director some creative freedom while establishing guidelines and demanding they come in on time and on budget. That's sounds more like Feige than Fox which is the definition of corporate and has been since they threw Alan Ladd Jr. for allowing Lucas to keep his franchise rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As a Cyclops fan I hated his treatment in the Fox Films.
    What in particular?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.