Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    How did you get that out of what I said?

Anyway, the X-Men movies are real movies with characters who just happen to have mutant abilities.
    They are character driven movies, with real world storylines.
    THIS! Thank you.

How did you get that out of what I said?

Anyway, the X-Men movies are real movies with characters who just happen to have mutant abilities.
    They are character driven movies, with real world storylines.
    You called them controversial not me and yeah if you're Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, or Mystique Everyone else is a glorified Extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Non cinematic movies had real depth and provided intellectual discourses to films than the superficial cinematic films(MCU and DCEU) flocking cinemas. When Marvel fans talked about how provocative X-men films were and later the TDK series could be, why do some MCU fans quickly try to tell us they are not? is this because you cant say the same about the MCU movies?

The fun spoofy entertainment spectacle era we have now is a MCU and DCEU thing. DCEU wanted to escape from it but seemed trapped to now be a copycat of the MCU. To put MCU in the same place as the top X-Men movies or to put the DCEU in the same place as The TDK Trilogy is beyond hilarious. I am not sure the teams behind those movies will agree to that, since they spoke about how different their movies were to the MCU.
    The XCU is entertaining but as deep as a shallow pool they're survive level commentary on issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    X2
    Dofp
    AOA
    Wolverine
    Origins
    Apocalypse third? Good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You called them controversial not me and yeah if you're Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, or Mystique Everyone else is a glorified Extra.
    This. The screen minutes all but prove this. These aren't character driven movies, if it was, you wouldn't have so many of them act as nothing more than window dressing.

BANNED

The MCU movies are weak and bland in storyline, so they use humor to coverup the blandness.
    The XCU movies are thought provoking and in tune to real life experiences.

The MCU movies are weak and bland in storyline, so they use humor to coverup the blandness.
    The XCU movies are thought provoking and in tune to real life experiences.
    They are thought provoking I've thought things like "Why can't Cyclops or Storm get a actual story?" "Why are there no Starjammers or Shi'Ar?" "Where are the Morlocks?" "Why don't they ever wear their costumes from the comics?" "Why is Mystique even here?" "Why aren't they aging it's been 20 years?" "What timeline is this?" "Did Jubilee actually get to speak?" "Wait how is Angel a teen in the 80's?"

So many provoking thoughts.

BANNED

They are thought provoking I've thought things like "Why can't Cyclops or Storm get a actual story?" "Why are there no Starjammers or Shi'Ar?" "Where are the Morlocks?" "Why don't they ever wear their costumes from the comics?" "Why is Mystique even here?" "Why aren't they aging it's been 20 years?" "What timeline is this?" "Did Jubilee actually get to speak?" "Wait how is Angel a teen in the 80's?"

I ask myself "Why is Mystique even here" about 12 times an XCU movie. My personal favorite is "What happened to Storm for the last hour?" or "The hell did you just do to Deadpool?" or "Wait...Scott's dead and wolverine is the new hero of the Phoenix Saga?" or "How many things will they need time travel to undo this time?"

BANNED

I never said XCU is perfect, it’s much better than the MCU in storyline, tone and creativity.

BANNED

Ooooh...just thought of my favorite: "Will this be another one Kinberg apologizes for?"

BANNED

Not only storywise, but even from a technical standpoint...

For instance, The Last Stand's FX was impressive back in 2006.

The "whirlwind punch" of Storm was wonderful and perfect from an FX standpoint.

The sequence in which Phoenix destroys the Grey's house and Xavier's body was terrific, frightening and groundbreaking.

I think the special effects of this movie are amazing, and mind you, it was produced in 2006.

Heck, even the de-aging at the beginning was absolutely great.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 01-15-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Not only storywise, but even from a technical standpoint...

For instance, The Last Stand's FX was impressive back in 2006.

The "whirlwind punch" of Storm was wonderful and perfect from an FX standpoint.

The sequence in which Phoenix destroys the Grey's house and Xavier's body was terrific, frightening and groundbreaking.

I think the special effects of this movie are amazing, and mind you, it was produced in 2006.

Heck, even the de-aging at the beginning was absolutely great.
    Oh no I thought that Last Stand deaging was uncanny valley even then.

BANNED

Oh no I thought that Last Stand deaging was uncanny valley even then.
    It was groundbreaking and it worked fine. You're just a flamer on this discussion.

Note: this is a best to worst thread, stop bashing the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    It was groundbreaking and it worked fine. You're just a flamer on this discussion.

Note: this is a best to worst thread, stop bashing the movies.
    I have said nice things about every XCU filn even Last Stand I just don't over elevate them either. I've said good and bad about the MCU, DCEU, and all comic book movies. Also if best to worst than saying what's worse shouldn't be an issue just like saying what best isn't or just make an XCU appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-16-2019 at 06:54 AM.

BANNED

My worse X-Men movie is Wolverine:Origins, but better than any Disney inspired MCU movie.