Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Didn’t expect to see such a thread here. I wonder why everyone hates Quentin, he seems like a funny guy.
    A lot of it stems from the belief that he is a creator's pet of Grant Morrison and Jason Aaron, and tended to be the focus over a lot of other characters. Plus he was quite a jerk back then.

These days he's a lot better, and has some fairly cool moments from time to time. I was a fan of him in Jeen Grey's solo.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    A lot of it stems from the belief that he is a creator's pet of Grant Morrison and Jason Aaron, and tended to be the focus over a lot of other characters. Plus he was quite a jerk back then.

These days he's a lot better, and has some fairly cool moments from time to time. I was a fan of him in Jeen Grey's solo.
    I'm like that, during Wolverine and the X-men it was unbearable but lately I like him a lot. It is better to have Quentin in small doses.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

31269C7E-7C36-4FA9-8C90-C31970D03D96.jpg
    This baby arrived today, thanks to Shelby Wolf pins.

I wonder what's next for this character, I never really hated him like every one else.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder what's next for this character, I never really hated him like every one else.
    It’s probably a long shot, but I’m hoping he appears in Hickman’s run. Since West Coast Avengers is ending.
    Last edited by WhitePhoenix; 03-30-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

To use a wrestling metaphor, they tried to hard to get him over which felt like he was pushed down people's throat. When you make a powerful character more powerful, and then when that is not enough to get him over you make him Phoenix is going to cause hate. In defense this has happened with other characters too over the years, "my character is not getting enough attention" they are now an omega mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    It’s pribably a long shot, but I’m hoping he appears in Hickman’s run. Since West Coast Avengers is ending.
    If the school concept is gone, then so is Quentin's place with the X-Men. It may well be limbo time for a lot of the kids, unless Young Avengers is brought back, West Coast Avengers does well in trade and gets resurrected as a result (we already know the book doesn't end with them disbanding, as they're guesting in Doc Ock's book) or anyone gets a share of Dust's good fortune and joins the Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A3A48EC9-15AF-4FEA-AF5E-993F7A4FE574.jpg
    Gonna have to start playing this game!

A3A48EC9-15AF-4FEA-AF5E-993F7A4FE574.jpg
    Gonna have to start playing this game!
    Wow. That's cool. Quentin continues to be such a presence in the X-Books; its nice to see him expand in other media. Hello, did everyone notice his cameo at the end of Dark Phoenix?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Wow. That's cool. Quentin continues to be such a presence in the X-Books; its nice to see him expand in other media. Hello, did everyone notice his cameo at the end of Dark Phoenix?
    3F121036-7B62-4EF7-87E0-678EE134CB27.jpg

Really hope this leads to a X-Men legends fig of him!

I am new to Kid Omega...but i am looking forward to him in x force
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

He can hang with Jean Grey? Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Now, now. This IS an appreciation thread. Refrain from character attacking please.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

I don't seem to like him when Aaron writes him, but otherwise when he pops up I like him well enough.

You know, I actually liked him more when Aaron wrote him in his Thor guest appearance than in the X-books. Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I am new to Kid Omega...but i am looking forward to him in x force
    Yeah, can’t wait to see his dynamic with Jean. They are my two ultimate fave characters, so like a dream come true. Always wanted Jean to mentor him, since he was destined to be the next Phoenix host.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    He is also the only other Omega Telepath, according to House of X/Powers of X. So that would mean Jeanie and Quentin are the same.
    Last edited by WhitePhoenix; 09-02-2019 at 05:43 PM.