Most Missed Character

Oddly, we give out an award to the 'most missed character', who gets an award for not showing up in an X-book during the calendar year, even though we wish they did. Good news though, one of the most missed characters of the past year just has made his return in one of the very last issues of 2018. Cyclops! He was number one of the most missed character of 2017, will he have made it into the top 3 again? Last years number 2, Northstar made his return in Disassembled. And then we have Surge, who made the most missed character list in 2016 and 2017. She still isn't back, so did she again make the list and if so, will we finally get out prayers for her return answered in the upcoming year? As always the keep missing most of the New X-men, they do score very well in this category. So why do we not get more on her, Hellion, Mercury and Dust? Fun fact, we usually barely vote for villains to make their return, but this year some were seriously missing ... Sauron....?

3rd place
With each 20 points (3 and 2 X voted as #1)
FRENZY - CYKE.jpg
CYCLOPS and FRENZY

You dis voted them separately of course, but it is kind of funny the Age of X couple ended together on the 3rd spot. Now Cyke came back early 2019 and we did see a cameo of Frenzy in the last Disassembled issue. Now if all those will appear in the AoXM mini series, then we will see Frenzy return as well. Let us keep our fingers crossed.

2nd Place
With 22 points (3 x voted as #1)
SURGE.jpg
SURGE

Poor Nori, she is in this top 3 for 3 years in a row now. It is time for Marvel to bring her back. But... same as with Frenzy, she did appear in the final Disassembled fight, so we might see her making her comeback in NextGen, or another Age of X-Man mini. If not, we can expect Surge to be making her comeback in this category next year.

1st Place
With 24 points (4 x voted as #1)
SAGE.jpg
SAGE

In 2017 she did not make the top 3 but the years prior to it, she was frequently voted as one of the most missed characters. Now it seems I am repeating myself, but even Sage made a brief comeback in the final pages of Disassembled. So also for the woman formally known as Tessa, might make her return in on of the upcoming mini series.

If this will be the case for all 3 off these ladies, I am really wondering who will be in the top 3 for 2019.