Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue even being nominated for that makes absolutely no sense when UA was considered an X-book in other categories of the voting
    Just saying: No Surrender. Ever heard of that? That is where she starred in.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Favorite Mutant on the Cast of a non-X-book

Our favrite X-men sometimes appear as cast members of other popular X-Men books, think about Storm once playing an important role in the Black Panther series, or Wolverine and Beast being part of the Avengers. There are also those mutants who are core cast of a Marvel series who have never been X-Men at all, like Bruiser of the Runaways, but still are part of the enhansed species.

2nd Place
    With 34 points (7 x voted as #1)
    Attachment 77054
    KID OMEGA

I must admit I do not read West Coast Avengers, so help me out here peeps. What the hell did change? Last years he was Always one of the least favorite heroes in these elections and now, suddenly, while he is gone to another corner of the MU, he become a loved one? I Always had a soft spot for him, as I always do with the rebelious types, but I lost track as I did not care for the WCA-title. So why is there so much love now?
    I have no idea maybe he has won some fans recently or after Generation X or maybe change address has done well for him as did with Rogue and Sunspot a chance to see the character in a new environment with new faces. Sometimes this works better than being a mutant leader.

For me while he continues to give headaches to Avengers and not X-mens wish all the luck in the world for him .

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Breakout Star of the Year

Which characters made the jump from the C or D-List, to the forefront, skirting the edge of, had exciting focus, or development, or possibly joining the ranks of the A-List of Marvel’s Mutants. Or who made a come-back from death or absent and a great way? There are those who had a solo series with their name on it, did that make them break out, or did it break them down instead? Some characters became X-Men for the very first time and some rebelled against the standard. These were the ones who you considered to be the biggest breakout stars of the past year. We had 2 runners up, who were actually number 1 and 2 of last year: Iceman and Honey Badger, both with 19 points.

3rd Place
    With 22 points (2 x voted #1)
    SHATTERSTAR.jpg
    SHATTERSTAR

Poor Shatterstar has been in limbo for quite some time and came back in X.F.I. some years back, started a thing with Rictor and became more popular. He got a brand new and cool look and finally lost that ponytail.
    Now, he has his own mini-series and that is a big breakthrough for Ben. He also became a member of the newest incarnation of X-Force, so lets hope 2019 will give him all the room he requires to be awesome in 2019.

2nd Place
    With 23 points (4 x voted #1)
    JEANGREY.jpg
    JEAN GREY

Well taking about an impressive come-back, Jean Grey lived up to it. She came back from the dead and created her own team and in the end, did lead all the X-Men in Disassembled. Now there was some discussion if she would qualify in this category, hell yes she does, if you status is dead for 15 years and then you come back from the dead in such a way, you do more than deserve a nomination. But the winner is someone, the only one, who actually challenged the way Jean is handling things...

1st Place
    With 27 Points (4 x voted as #1)
    ARMOR.jpg
    ARMOR

Finally Hisako came out in a great way. Yes she once was a member of Astonishing X-Men, but did not really stood out there. She was an off and on X-Man for various teams, but was never a core member and now, this year she had enough of it. She disagreed with Jean and the other core X-men and made clear she was tired of them getting used as back-up and clean-up crew. And she had a point in letting them hear what Legion had to say. She stood up! Well deserved Armor, well deserved.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Armor? She was the most annoying character of the year

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Armor? She was the most annoying character of the year
    And she literally only stopped bench-warming to show up in Disassembled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She only STARTED benchwarming in Disassembled. She was the absolutely WRONG person to pick to be the mouthpiece for the younger X-Men precisely because prior to this she was NOT on the bench, but was routinely being picked to fill out roster spots.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

She was also a roster filler in Gold - But only when the X-men are short handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    She only STARTED benchwarming in Disassembled. She was the absolutely WRONG person to pick to be the mouthpiece for the younger X-Men precisely because prior to this she was NOT on the bench, but was routinely being picked to fill out roster spots.
    Actually, I'd argue the fact that she gets picked on an on and off basis makes her a good pick to make this point.
    Remember, her argument isn't simply that they adults don't let the kids do anything - but that they don't treat them like their fellow X-men.
    They get used when the X-men need extra firepower or when they have missions they don't want to deal with (like the trip to the sewer in isssue 1), but get dismissed otherwise.

The fact that Armor gets used occasionally is kinda referenced in story - Jean actually tells her, and ONLY her to join the team on a mission while the rest of the kids are relegated to rubble duty - And Armor refuses to let her team get treated like that.

I like Armor. I understand and get her character beats in Disassembled even if she was a bit obnoxious about it. Disassembled is a huge break for the character for the rise in profile alone.

Guest Star of the Year

The X-Men do have friends in the MU who will turn up to help in a fight, train a character, date them, drink with them or are kidnapped by some X-men to help them out in a space battle (...!). This year the X-Men did not have a lot of guest appearances, but those who did appear were really cool.

3rd Place
    With 21 points (3 x voted as #1)
    SPIDERMAN.jpg
    SPIDER-MAN in Iceman

It's always cool to see the 3 Amazing Friends work together. Just like the cartoon series of the past. Sweet memories to our innocent childhood (just dropped a tier). This time their adventure was only one issue, so let us hope we see them reunite real soon again.

Now with just 1 point difference (you see, each vote counts!)

2nd Place
    With 22 points (4 x voted as #1)
    SHANG CHI.jpg
    SHANG CHI in Domino

Domino needed to get some Kong-Fu training to face Topaz, a brad new villain. Well, she did get the training and some more than that.... It was great to see these two team up. Let's hope we see them do this again.

1st Place
    With 35 Points (6 x voted as #1)
    VENOM.jpg
    VENOM in X-Men: Blue

What if you need someone like Venom to help you out in outer space? You don't ask, you just kidnap him. That was a hilarious thing to do. They were actually a great team-up and would have lved Venom to stick around with the team till they went back. Somehow this weird combo worked well, even-though the Venomized and Poison X story itself were not all that great.

Death of the Year

Unfortunately every year brings us farewell as well. Some of those heroes we all adored passed away and some villains like Bastion and Sapphire Styx were put to the permanent sleep as well. Well, permanent,… in the Marvel Universe you will not stay dead for long if you are a popular character. We saw some ultimate sacrifices from heroes like Shen Xorn and Mimic to save the world or to save their friends. We had 2 very temporary deaths (Teen Jean and Eyeboy) and we had these dramatic and unexpected deaths. In the beginning of 2018 there were very few killed of besides Kyle, the blue boy muttant kid, killed by Cassandra. But Mothervine and Extermination made sure we have enough to mourn about. Last year Fantomex' sacrifice had won.

3rd Place (shared)
    With each receiving 20 points (2 x voted as #1)
    3RD PLACE DEATHS.jpg
    MIMIC and ESME & SOPHIE CUCKOO

I did not witness the 2nd death of the Cuckoo sisters, as I gave up on Laura and Gabby stories. The sacrifice of Mimic was really unexpected. But it was a beautiful way to go.

Quite a gap in points...

2nd Place
    With 34 points (once voted #1)
    BLOODSTORM.jpg
    BLOODSTORM

Since we knew the O5 would return, the only question remaining was, what will happen to Bloodstorm. Is she going back to her own time-line, or will she tag along with her lover-boy Teen Cyke? This death I did not see coming and thank God I did not read the spoilers, so I was really shocked and surprised.

and then an enormous point gap....

1st Place, with the highest score in this 2018 award election
    With 96 points (23 x voted as #1)
    CABLE.jpg
    CABLE

Unfortunately we had some people not using spoilers tags on this board, so I knew Nathan Grey, aka Cable would be shot to death. But the bigger shock was of course that he was killed by himself. I think that is quite unique in X-Men comics. Who know this year another older version of Cable might pop up and kill Kid_Cable. But let's hope that Hope gets a hold of him first.

What? Esme and Sophie are dead? So only one Cuckoo remains now? Mindee, was it?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Two Spider-Men in cameo of the year. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What? Esme and Sophie are dead? So only one Cuckoo remains now? Mindee, was it?
    No. Esme and Sophie were the ones who died during Morrison's run and Tamaki brought them back to die for her X-23 run.

The living trio are Celeste, Mindee and Sophie.

Two Spider-Men in cameo of the year. Nice.

No. Esme and Sophie were the ones who died during Morrison's run and Tamaki brought them back to die for her X-23 run.

The living trio are Celeste, Mindee and Sophie.
    I always forget their names.

You only need to know Mindee, who we will protect at all costs and die for.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

You only need to know Phoebe, who we will protect at all costs and die for.