Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Most Missed Character

Oddly, we give out an award to the 'most missed character', who gets an award for not showing up in an X-book during the calendar year, even though we wish they did. Good news though, one of the most missed characters of the past year just has made his return in one of the very last issues of 2018. Cyclops! He was number one of the most missed character of 2017, will he have made it into the top 3 again? Last years number 2, Northstar made his return in Disassembled. And then we have Surge, who made the most missed character list in 2016 and 2017. She still isn't back, so did she again make the list and if so, will we finally get out prayers for her return answered in the upcoming year? As always the keep missing most of the New X-men, they do score very well in this category. So why do we not get more on her, Hellion, Mercury and Dust? Fun fact, we usually barely vote for villains to make their return, but this year some were seriously missing ... Sauron....?

3rd place
    With each 20 points (3 and 2 X voted as #1)
    FRENZY - CYKE.jpg
    CYCLOPS and FRENZY

You dis voted them separately of course, but it is kind of funny the Age of X couple ended together on the 3rd spot. Now Cyke came back early 2019 and we did see a cameo of Frenzy in the last Disassembled issue. Now if all those will appear in the AoXM mini series, then we will see Frenzy return as well. Let us keep our fingers crossed.

2nd Place
    With 22 points (3 x voted as #1)
    SURGE.jpg
    SURGE

Poor Nori, she is in this top 3 for 3 years in a row now. It is time for Marvel to bring her back. But... same as with Frenzy, she did appear in the final Disassembled fight, so we might see her making her comeback in NextGen, or another Age of X-Man mini. If not, we can expect Surge to be making her comeback in this category next year.

1st Place
    With 24 points (4 x voted as #1)
    SAGE.jpg
    SAGE

In 2017 she did not make the top 3 but the years prior to it, she was frequently voted as one of the most missed characters. Now it seems I am repeating myself, but even Sage made a brief comeback in the final pages of Disassembled. So also for the woman formally known as Tessa, might make her return in on of the upcoming mini series.

If this will be the case for all 3 off these ladies, I am really wondering who will be in the top 3 for 2019.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Most Bizarre Moment of the Year (the Rouge Mort Trophy)

There are those moments from 2018 that left you as a reader, shaking your head, and reading it something again, and again, to believe it actually happened. Sometimes it caused a popping sound to occur in your cerebral cortex, they were so weird, you just cannot believe it. This year I myself had that moment when the Femme Fatales came back and suddenly became like supermodels. Then that was topped when I saw Kitty phasing while Peter wanted to put the ring on her finger...really... at this particular moment...? I thought that was the weirdest thing, but then Wolverine came with his hot claws, Lilandra laid an egg, which gave birth to a kid-copy of Rogue and Sapphire Styx exploded. In short, a lot of weird stuff happened and these were voted as your top 3. Runner up was one of my WTF moments: Lilandra laid an egg and Kid Rogue/Xandra hatches from it?

3rd Place
    With 16 points (once voted #1)
    CYPER.jpg
    Cypher's homeless look

We did not see a lot of Cypher after his resurrection and the New Mutants series. Now he did made his return in Hunt for Wolverine, teaming up with Daredevil, Misty and Nur (Frank McGee). But surprisingly he acted and looked like a homeless person, who was mentally very off.

2nd Place
    With both 18 points (4 times voted as #1 and twice voted as #1)
    FANTO - X-MAN.jpg
    Fantomex okay with giving body to Xavier
    and
    X-Man as Jesus/ Mutant Messiah

Fantomex was never a student of Xavier, he never lived at the mansion and probably had never met Charles Xavier. Tough without more than a minute thinking he was willing to give up his body for him, really? And the Nate Grey finally came back. Well they did screw up his character in the New Mutants series by powering him down and now he is all mighty and having a look of 'the all mighty' as well. Becoming the next big villain for no good reason. Well he claimed to be dying, so lets make him his old self or please give him his long rest.

gap in points...

1st Place
    With 32 points (4 x voted as #1)
    HOT CLAWS.jpg
    Hot claws of Wolverine

After 6 mini series of the return of Logan, we still do not know how he came back (or I must have missed another mini) and how the heck he got those hot claws. But Logan has not really shown up in any of the X-books at the moment and will be making his comeback to that corner of the MU. Hopefully we do get the explanation then and we will have him use his normal adamantium claws again. Because this looks silly and has no extra value.

Fantomex first appeared in an issue with Jean and Xavier. In fact, Xavier gave him sanctuary while he was being pursued. I'm not saying he'd necessarily want to give up his body for Charles, but not knowing him wouldn't be the issue.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Guest Star of the Year

The X-Men do have friends in the MU who will turn up to help in a fight, train a character, date them, drink with them or are kidnapped by some X-men to help them out in a space battle (...!). This year the X-Men did not have a lot of guest appearances, but those who did appear were really cool.

2nd Place
    With 22 points (4 x voted as #1)
    Attachment 77273
    SHANG CHI in Domino

Domino needed to get some Kong-Fu training to face Topaz, a brad new villain. Well, she did get the training and some more than that.... It was great to see these two team up. Let's hope we see them do this again.
    I loved that part of the story the two of them interacting it was like they were dancing.

Most Missed Character

Oddly, we give out an award to the 'most missed character', who gets an award for not showing up in an X-book during the calendar year, even though we wish they did. Good news though, one of the most missed characters of the past year just has made his return in one of the very last issues of 2018. Cyclops! He was number one of the most missed character of 2017, will he have made it into the top 3 again? Last years number 2, Northstar made his return in Disassembled. And then we have Surge, who made the most missed character list in 2016 and 2017. She still isn't back, so did she again make the list and if so, will we finally get out prayers for her return answered in the upcoming year? As always the keep missing most of the New X-men, they do score very well in this category. So why do we not get more on her, Hellion, Mercury and Dust? Fun fact, we usually barely vote for villains to make their return, but this year some were seriously missing ... Sauron....?

2nd Place
    With 22 points (3 x voted as #1)
    SURGE.jpg
    SURGE

Poor Nori, she is in this top 3 for 3 years in a row now. It is time for Marvel to bring her back. But... same as with Frenzy, she did appear in the final Disassembled fight, so we might see her making her comeback in NextGen, or another Age of X-Man mini. If not, we can expect Surge to be making her comeback in this category next year.

It is funny she was supposed to be the leader of the next generation of X-men and now the most she can get is a cameo here or there from time to time although there are worse fates.

Shocking Moment of the Year.

Those moments this year with most jaw-dropping plot twists that blew your mind, and made go yihaaaa, or made you sit and stare to the wall for hours or gave you nightmares, perhaps? Did Banshee as a zombie shock you so much, that you yourself turned to zombie for a moment or two? Did the sacrifice of Mimic made you consider to kill yourself as well, or were you so happily shocked with Jubes being re-powered, that you cannot stop the mental disturbed happy dance? Well as shocking as these were, we here thought there were moments more shocking.... Runner-up was Kitty leaving Colossus at the altar.

3rd Place
    With 29 points (5 x voted as #1)
    PSYLOCKE BODYSWAP.jpg
    Psylocke rebuilds body to former self and Kwannon back in original body

There was a lot of criticism on all of the HvW mini series. But I actually like 3 out of 4. Mystery in Madripoor is probably the most important one. It did not have much to do with looking for Wolverine at all. But the part where Sapphire Styx exploded and Besty remade a body out of it for herself, is surely one of the most shocking events of last year. Positive extra is that Kwannon made hetr return as well, now back in her own body that Betsy inhabited for year. But will she be like the original villain Kwannon, or more like the peaceful Revanche? We will know soon, very soon.

2nd Place
    With 44 points (9 x voted as #1)
    MARRIAGE ROGUE.jpg
    Gambit and Rogue getting married, instead of Kitty/Peter

There were not a lot of people see this one coming. Marvel kept the secret really well and it was not spoiled until be each got a copy ourselves. Kitty says no, but instead Gambit realizes he should take the next step. He proposed to Rogue and she said yes. And we got,... a way more impressive wedding issue than we expected.

1st Place
    With 46 points (8 x voted as #1)
    CABLE MURDERED.jpg
    Cable killed by … Cable

Another thing we totally did not see coming was how Extermination started. We knew the O5 would go back, but we did not know 3 characters would die. The most unexpected one was the death of Cable, who was helping Teen Iceman get away from a mysterious villain. It ended up by Cable getting shot by no other than a younger version of himself. Yeah, did not see that coming did you Nathan?

Funniest Moment of the Year

After shocking and bizarre moments there were also those moment which made us wet our pants. Whether the creative teams were trying intentionally to be funny or not, there were those hilarious moments this year, they deserved to be highlighted. Even-tough humor is like art, some like one joke, another does not. I was LMAO when Legion was bashing his head, though it seemed I was one of the very few who thought that was good LOL. This year it seemed being naked was most hilarious to most, judging from the results. So X-Office, make more nude-jokes and you will have a happy audience.

3rd place
    With 12 points (twice voted as #1)
    KITTY.jpg
    Kitty phases through floor at her wedding

2nd Place
    With 17 points (twice voted as #1)
    GAMBITNUDE.jpg
    Kitty getting flashed by Rogue and Gambit on their honeymoon

1st Place
    With 19 points (twice voted as #1)
    SHATTER.jpg
    Shatterstar cooking naked

Quote of the Year

Last year winner of the quote was “Not everything is about you. Your nightmare was my love story” from Emma to Jean. In 2016 it was also Emma: "Ideas Never Die" she said back then. Yup, leave it to Emma to make a bitchy, sharp or sarcastic remark and yes, one of her quotes did make the op 3 as well. Did one of her quotes win again? One of my favorites this year was surely "It's globberin' time!" by Glob Herman or the screaming Archangel cursing at Psylocke: "You've ruined me forever!' So was it one of my personal favorites that won, or was it some romantic line between Gambit and Rogue, or was it someone else who won the Quote of the year award? Runner up: “@#$% you, humanity.” Nova as Jean.

3rd Place
    With 12 points (twice voted as #1)

QUOTE JEAN.jpg
    "I've never felt the world so angry. So divided. I can hear you. I can hear your pain. Your fear. Your anxiety. I want to help. I don't know how, but I'll learn." - Jean Grey

2nd Place
    With 13 points (3 x voted as #1)

QUOTE MAGIK.jpg
    “Tell your mom to go @$%# herself.” -Magik

1st Place
    With 14 points (once voted as #1)

QUOTE EMMA.jpg
    “Say hello to the new Black King, darling.” - Emma

Yup, she has done it again, for the 3rd time in a row, Emma won the Quote of the Year award. Leave it up to Emma to make sure she takes this one home in 2019 as well.

Jee, no comments at all...

I don't think any of the results were controversial, is all. If you want I can pitch a fit about having my heart set on "the wonder of a #*%&-ing mermaid" placing.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

hmm... I'm amazed no one included Glob's now infamous "It's gonna take more then that to beat the Unlovable Glob" line...

Totally should be the headline for his solo series when he gets one XD

BANNED

Jee, no comments at all...
    stop complaining and start dancing!!! lol couldn't resist it. still Emma's quote winning was a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    stop complaining and start dancing!!!
    You're right. I'll get my outfit on in a minute.

Onomatopoeia of the Year

Like I said, Sometimes, “BAMF” or “Snikt” says more than a thousand words. These year we had a few hsssst and Prrrr from newbie Baby Tiger Kotic. Did enough people read Weapon X to see these moments? Who can forget that great onomatopoeia of 2016, which was the Krrck of Storm blasting Beast. Last year it was the Snikt. Runner-up this year was: ZASS-KCT - Aaaarghhhh (Archangel faces new sword Psylocke)

3rd Place
    With 15 points (once voted as #1)
    Onomatopoeia BLOODSTORM.jpg
    SKRREEEEE - Bloodstorm changes to swarm of bats

2nd Place
    With 19 Points (twice voted as #1
    Onomatopoeia BAMF.jpg
    BAMF - Kurt teleports Piotr away from his failed wedding

1st Place
    With 24 points (4X voted as #1)
    Banshee entrance.jpg
    EEEEEEEE (Zombie Banshee entering the scene in AXM)

Best Romance/Kiss of the Year

Ow ow ow, romance took quite a beating this past year with Kitty leaving Peter at the alter and Rachel dumping Kurt, just like that and Tyke lost his girlfriend by death. But… there was an extinguished fire between two X-Men that suddenly was again fueled and there was that hot night Domino had with a famous Martial Art hero. Some youngsters fell in love and a wedding took place. So romance isn't dead yet and these were the ones who made our hearts go boom boom boom. Runner-up were the young lovers Tyke and Jeen.

3rd Place
    With 29 points
    KISS JUBES CHAMBER.jpg
    CHAMBER & JUBILEE

We only saw a peak of their love in the very beginning of the year, when the Generation X series ended. We did not see them interact with each-other after that. But many liked what they saw.

2nd Place
    With 32 points (5 x voted as #1)
    KISS SHATTER RICTOR.jpg
    SHATTERSTAR & RICTOR

Well they were doing very well in the first part of 2018. Seeing Benjamin taking the term 'naked chef' literally. But sadly it seemed Ben broke up with Rictor during the Shatterstar mini. Let's hope they will hook up again. I found this fan-art picture that I wanted to use, just because it was great.

With a huge lead this couple became first:

1st Place
    With 73 points (14 x voted as #1)
    KISS GAMBIT ROGUE.jpg
    GAMBIT & ROGUE

This one did not come as a surprise. I knew for sure these two lovebirds would be the number one. Finally reunited after many years being separated and them fell in love again. Well, it never really died, did it? Quickly after that they decided to get married and making love in space on the honeymoon. Romance is up to a whole new level for these two in their own ongoing. We all seem happy this love is finally confirmed.

The artist for the Shatterstar/Rictor kiss is Nick Robles, btw.