Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Results 2018 X-Book Awards voting

Hi All,

First let me start by saying thank you to all those who have voted. Today I will start revealing the results.
    Have fun reading!

MoS.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Let start with the

Favorite Ongoing X-Title of the Year

We got quite a few titles cancelled this year, think of all the X-Men ongoings: Gold, Red and Blue and others like OML, Generation X the Iceman ongoing. On the other hand we all wished for Uncanny to return and it did, along with a Domino ongoing and the happey newly weds got an ongoing of their own. This year some of the ongoinngs did not mentioned once, those were Gold, OML and Weapon X. Funny is that those all were recently cancelled, or will be shortly. Last year winner was Generation X.

This year the runner up was X-Men Blue, who actually won popularity compared to last year.

3rd Place
    With 25 points (4 X voted #1)
    UXM.jpg
    UNCANNY X-MEN

Newly relaunched. We were all hoping for it and very happy when it finally came out. Currently the core cast contains Jean, Jubilee, Cannonball, Bishop, Psylocke, Storm, Northstar, Iceman and more. 2019 promises an upcoming change in the core cast, as they wil be occupied in Age of X-Man.

2nd Place
    With 45 points (8 X voted #1)
    MR2.jpg
    MR. & MRS. X

No one expected Anna and Remi to get married. So it came as a big surprise and so was this mini. We all thought Kitty and Peter would be the stars of this new ongoing. And guess what, we all loved the newly weds on their first adventures. Got them to the 2nd place. let us hope the series will remain in 2019.

1st Place
    With 46 points (7 X voted #1)
    RED1.jpg
    X-MEN RED

The return of Jean was one of the highlights of the year and she started leading her own team of X-Men. She collected former friends Kurt and Storm, together with Namor, X23, Honey Badger, Gambit and Trinary to fight against Cassandra Nova and succeeded. Unfortunately it did get cancelled after 11 issues, to make room for Uncanny and AoXM. But who knows, as it was really popular and the sales were not bad at all, it might return once AoXM is over.

X-men Red definitely deserved the top spot. It was one of the most complete and satisfying X-men comics in years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Pretty sure the era of color-coded X-Books is over, though I wouldn't be surprised or displeased if we got reference to Blue/Gold/Red teams within the post-AoXM books.

But yeah, Red was the best of the lot so far as that goes. Also nice to see the Mr & Mrs X placed so high, despite just having a handful of issues out. But I really do wish it had just been titled "Rogue and Gambit".

Least Favorite Ongoing X-Title of the Year

Besides loving, we also dislike some of the ongoings that have been published in 2018. Some voters did not want to vote for least favorites, as they wanted to stay positive and I think that is really beautiful of them. It seems the X-Office did sneak peak, because all 3 titles you liked the least are (soon to be) cancelled. Last year Weapon X was 3 least and Gold 1st least. They were still around, Did they improve or not? Here is your judgement. Fun fact: All 3 titles who landed are recently cancelled, or soon to be cancelled. Runner up was the same title as most favorite ongoing: X-Men Blue

3rd Place
    With 16 Points (1 x #1 vote)
    EXILES.jpg
    EXILES

Just released and within a year I believe, to be cancelled. I think a cast with only one X-universe character in it, might not even be considered an X-title anymore by many. Me personally I bought the first issue only and regretted it immediately. Not my cup of tea so to say. Blink does deserve a good Exiles book though. Perhaps combining with some 616 characters who are not used at the moment instead of alternatives.

2nd Place
    With 36 points (4 x voted #1)
    WEAPON.jpg
    WEAPON X

This volume of Weapon X I believe suffered for the same reason as Exiles. They used the title, but the quality was not even close to previous volumes and cast was not all that great. On top of the OML and Warpath left but Mystique and Omega Red joined. That was the moment I stopped reading actually. Hope if they do come with another Weapon X series, it will be more related to the previous series. Last year it eanded on #3, now it's number 2. But will be cancelled soon.

1st Place
    With 69 points (15 x voted #1)
    GOLD.jpg
    X-MEN: GOLD

The same winner as 2017. With a quite high score of 15 times votes as least favorite title of all. Marc G wanted Kitty to lead the X-Men for a change. But that did not go the way fans liked. Storm was sidelined. Rachel used as a puppet and basically the book felt as Kitty and her minions to nay readers. Which is a shame because the core cast was not a bad team-up at all and also with a supporting cast of Magik, Iceman, Armor, Magma and even Ink, the book had all it needed, except for... yeah,... you know

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    X-men Red definitely deserved the top spot. It was one of the most complete and satisfying X-men comics in years.
    Sorry to see you have not voted.

Forgot Gentle in that summary.

Also, sad to see Exiles in that spot, especially since most of the “controversy” and anger from that series just stemmed from ppl mad that Blink was black.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Forgot Gentle in that summary.

Also, sad to see Exiles in that spot, especially since most of the “controversy” and anger from that series just stemmed from ppl mad that Blink was black.
    Some didn't mind her being black, long as she didn't look it. On another site someone mentioned drawing her so different wasn't need, and they could've just show she had black parents & left her design the same as the previous series. Tsk

Far as least favorites, I think Weapon X fits perfectly in spot #2. It was too drastically different from Tierri's volume where none of the characters felt like the same characters. Then there was the bad quest artists they kept bringing on board, and combination with a finale that has really bad art in some spots and ended won a very unsatisfying note, where unless this stuff will come up in another book, then it was a waste of time. The entire series.

The more I look at it, the more I get bummed at the mystery X-book we didn't get, which may have been a new ResurrXion title. And instead, it got axed & replaced with Strain's GenX and Pak's Weapon X.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I didn't care that Blink was black, and I was the 1 #1 voter. I just really hated it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Some didn't mind her being black, long as she didn't look it. On another site someone mentioned drawing her so different wasn't need, and they could've just show she had black parents & left her design the same as the previous series. Tsk
    Yeah, the “I’m fine with it as long as I don’t see it” rhetoric sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I didn't care that Blink was black, and I was the 1 #1 voter. I just really hated it.
    Hence the word ‘most’.

Anyways, not to get off track, it’s nice to see MMX in the running up since they’ve managed to get a narrative kickstart with Rogue & Gambit and Gold #30.
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-08-2019 at 11:37 AM.

X-men Red has had problems and criticism but deserves the position dealing with current issues of modern day and not clinging to nostalgia.

Exiles was something quite different from what expected, which is a shame since I was excited about Blink return. The title was not fully bad but we can not say it was an X-comic and let's face it except for a few exceptions the cast was bad.

Gold deserves the position as the worst title again. I am impressed how they managed to create something so bad with a team of characters from the A and B list of X-mens.

Fun start

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Although I didn't take part in the voting process...the only X-book I read in 2018 was X-Men Red (#1 Fave X-book, Yay!!!)...I'm looking forward to the results. They are always fun.

I'm glad people are talking about some of Red's problems, but it was also my favourite book of the year. Attempting and fumbling an important and relevant social commentary is classic "X-men."

Haven't checked it out yet but I thought the Exiles book was generally well received so that's a surprise for me.