Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Rarely being the leader of the X-men leaves you in a comfortable or admirable position. I really do not understand why so many fans want their favorite characters to occupy that position? It is more a curse than an honor and Kitty was only the new victim.

I feel sorry for Glob but truth be told we have many better characters in the refrigerator while he continues to make appearances in various comics.
    Same for Mojo. I don't know what the deal is, but these 2 keep popping up everywhere while bigger & better characters are lucky to appear in anything -even a one panel cameo.

Rarely being the leader of the X-men leaves you in a comfortable or admirable position. I really do not understand why so many fans want their favorite characters to occupy that position? It is more a curse than an honor and Kitty was only the new victim.

I feel sorry for Glob but truth be told we have many better characters in the refrigerator while he continues to make appearances in various comics.
    There have been plenty of likeable leaders; Kitty wasn’t one. Being leader isn’t what ruined her, it was the writing which made her extra obnoxious and hard to read

People want their favorites to be leaders because in every other franchise, being a leader is a big feather in a character's cap. Except in the X-Men, where the character most suited to ascend to leadership simultaneously gets sent to Rehashville, population: wonky characterization.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I agree, people asking for their favorites to lead are asking for them to suffer and make mistakes and have ofans of other characters blaming them for everything. Nothing good to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There have been plenty of likeable leaders; Kitty wasn’t one. Being leader isn’t what ruined her, it was the writing which made her extra obnoxious and hard to read
    The last few years have not been kind to any X-men leader (except maybe Rogue but she was on a team of Avengers). Either the character is portrayed as an incompetent taking bad decisions or almost everything is centered on him making the other team members look like useless or the character is condemnedand for making difficult decisions.

I can not even remember the last time we had a leader without problems and well accepted ( Jean or teen Jean does not count).

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The last few years have not been kind to any X-men leader (except maybe Rogue but she was on a team of Avengers). Either the character is portrayed as an incompetent taking bad decisions or almost everything is centered on him making the other team members look like useless or the character is condemnedand for making difficult decisions.

I can not even remember the last time we had a leader without problems and well accepted ( Jean or teen Jean does not count).
    Sad as it is, Sabretooth in Weapon X may have been the closest we got. lol And even that is pushing it, given the last arc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Least Favorite Hero/Heroine

Yeah,… you also have heroes who were once favorites, but were written in such a way that we lost the love. Or they were over exposed. Those are the ones we believe deserve a break. Some of them were pushed so hard down our throats that we just could not swallow it anymore. That however is not always the reason, some are not loved this year because they had developments we just do not agree with at all and then there are those who never seem to become popular on this board at all, no matter how well they do.

Last year the least popular were Kitty Pryde (1), Teen Jean Grey (2) and Colossus (3), runner up this year was Gabby, aka Honey Badger.

3rd Place
    With 24 points (2 x voted as #1)
    Attachment 76917
    A MAN CALLED X, AKA XAVIER

Personally I think his comeback might have been a bit to soon actually. We barely got a change to really miss him. Then they brought him back in a bad bad story which was actually voted 3rd as least favorite this year and Fantomex willingly gave up his body? On top of that, he erased the memories of all the X-Men besides one, who saw his return. Nope, that did not make you popular at all Charles, not at all.

2nd Place
    With 25 points (4 x voted as #1)
    Attachment 76918
    GLOB HERMAN

Poor Robert, in the X-books he does not really have friends and is kind of bullied around. He has has no love in his life so far and now you people, you voted him on the 2nd spot of least favorites. How could you? Okay, he kind of took over the role of Rockslide in a way and indeed showed up in one or two titles to many perhaps. But give him a chance, he's not that bad of a guy.

1st Place
    With 42 points (8 x voted #1)
    Attachment 76916
    KITTY PRYDE

Making her the leader of the X-Men was not a great idea. That get her the number 1 position last year and this time again. Though I thought you had her all at your least favorite X-Man. Now, Gold is gone and the X-Men are disassembled. Who knows, she might end up with no team to lead afterwards and perhaps that will get her of this spot next year. So less focus and less being everywhere might do you some good Kitty. Oh and on a personal note, get your codename Shadowcat back and dress and act accordingly. That might get you somewhere.
    This is the best thing I have ever seen LOL

Kitty wasn't even written as "Kitty, but a leader." Her voice was unrecognizable and her outfit was bad. Guggenheim retreading the romance with Colossus, sidelining Storm, and doing nothing with Magik and Rachel didn't help Kitty either.

BANNED

Didn't help that Rosenberg used Kitty as a foil for his favs in all his books.

and why do the Jeans not count?

Iceman got nothing and its the only X-Book actually expanding the X-Mythos.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and why do the Jeans not count?
    She won in Red but her approach in Uncanny seems to be leading to a big failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Iceman got nothing and its the only X-Book actually expanding the X-Mythos.
    The line doesn't deserve Iceman.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Didn't help that Rosenberg used Kitty as a foil for his favs in all his books.
    I actually kinda loved Kitty's Astonishing appearance tbh. When Havok says she doesn't own the X-Men and she says "Actually I do, yeah" LOL. And she was right that he couldn't just go there and randomly recruits students to be on his team.

Honestly I like Glob a lot now that he's the poster child for struggling with your physical mutation/appearance. I even like the saccharine moments of friendship and camaraderie and bits of self-acceptance that comes with it. I like having the students deal with being freaks who can't assimilate (hi, Alex) in comparison to their far prettier mentors.

Could he have been replaced with [insert character]? Yeah, I personally would love to see more use of the POC/queer students in his place, but I've been charmed by his struggles.