Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Comics March 2020 Solicits

Very hot month, even if it has 30,000 one-shots.

IZZAT ZEMO AAAA DON'T PLAY WITH MY HEART AAA PLEASE BE GOOD PLEASE PLEEEEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Getting: Avengers, Agents of Wakanda, Marauders, ASM
    Maybe: Strange academy, SW Bounty hunters, Cable

they are still trying to make Yellowjacket work, huh? cool armor. but the character wearing it is so lame.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Hulk has the most creative solicits

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yep, I was right about their [REDACTED] video. Empyre is a sequel to Kree/Skrull War. Very interested in the one-shot retelling of the classic story, and I'm glad that the family from Meet The Skrulls seems to be involved. I wonder if there's going to be any retcons...

Is it sad that I care more about the faculty rather than the students in strange academy?
    Giving cable a shot; I’d give dr strange a shot, except i’m not interested in seeing dr. Druid as a bad guy.
    After missing out on the avengers sojourn in space, I’ll be picking it up again.

Thoughts:

- Is there a specific reason Strange has avoided making a magical school all this time? Other then Marvel just not having the idea at this point?

- What a bait-and-switch with Spider-Woman's costume. And for one that, in my opinion, doesn't look anywhere near as good as her classic look.

- Robbie Thompson gets to bring his Skrull family back to the forefront for the lead-in to a new event. Good for him (especially since I was under the impression he was jumping ship to DC).

- So instead of reprinting Marvels or making a sequel, now it's an off-the-wall anthology book?

- The Outlawed status quo feels reminiscent of Civil War, albeit focused solely on teen and young heroes. It'll be interesting to see how the writers approach it, what the impact will be, what new book/status quos will turn up, and how long it lasts.

- Hasn't Pepper been trying to find herself away from Tony for years?

- I'm curious if Coates will stick around on Cap's title after issue #25. Judging by that cover, it at least seems like he's fully Captain America again.

- Carol with Cap's shield and Thor's hammer...well, that will probably trigger some people. Me, I'm just reminded how much of an overachiever Carol is .

- Elektra and Dr. Strange? That's pretty random. I'm betting they'll never talk about that again...

- So all the anti-Avenger super-teams are coming together to go against The Avengers. Is Aaron consolidating his plots so as to bring this run to a conclusion?

- Wouldn't be an FF run without an appearance from Mole Man.

- Thor vs. Jane Foster? Yeah, I don't see that ending well.And why does the villain look so much like Tyr?

- Defenders + Avengers = Composite heroes!

- Baron Blood is kind of a random draw for the "Old Man Logan" - verse.

- Is Dr. Druid finally trustworthy? I would think not.

- Thor vs Galactus? I guess Cates is going big or going home.

- Felicia/Black Cat is tangling with Ant-Man, Wolverine and Conan? She'll have Scott eating out of the palm of her hand, but I'm curious how the Conan encounter will go.

- "To do so, they’ve got to make their way from one end of a high-speed train to the other…and every carriage is filled with assassins." I could've sworn I'd read this comic.

- "Hawkeye's about to find himself in the sights of one of his most dangerous foes of all time…" Crossfire?

- It's weird to see Nebula with hair again, but I guess it's a reference to classic Nebula.

- Johnny's mad at Strange for not freeing him? Then he probably should have contacted Stephen and told him he wanted out, unless he just assumed Strange would tirelessly work to free him.

- Doom vs. Kang? I'm down .

- Nice to see The Owl back in the spotlight.

- Sounds like The Runaways first foray as full-fledged Superheroes doesn't go well...perfectly timed with it becoming illegal to be young adult Superheroes!

- Ms. Marvel introducing a new original hero? Building up her franchise, bit-by-bit .

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

New Revengers?!

Kree-Skrull War sequel?!

New Spider-Woman with a webbed design
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Have you noticed the solicitation about "Tarot #4". Defenders and Avengers amalgamated into one. Could "Infinit Warps" make a cameo here?

BANNED

Is it an anniversary or something for Spiderwoman?

I would of rather had a Thor on the Surfer board and Black Panther as Sorceror Supreme but I’m interested nonetheless because I’m curios to how the backstories play on the intended amalgams given lore for Wakanda/Asgard.

The Cap/Hulk amalgam reads to predictable like a Tyrone Cash type deal
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Is it sad that I care more about the faculty rather than the students in strange academy?
    Giving cable a shot; I’d give dr strange a shot, except i’m not interested in seeing dr. Druid as a bad guy.
    After missing out on the avengers sojourn in space, I’ll be picking it up again.
    Given we havent really been given any reason to care for the students yet I don’t see why that’s an issue. I’d imagine you go into the series like any new series and figure out if you have any interest in any of the main characters or story.

March's Thor issue should come with a warning on the cover for people still struggling with Fraction Thor PTSD, since his run started with Galan, too.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Robbie Thompson gets to bring his Skrull family back to the forefront for the lead-in to a new event. Good for him (especially since I was under the impression he was jumping ship to DC).

- The Outlawed status quo feels reminiscent of Civil War, albeit focused solely on teen and young heroes. It'll be interesting to see how the writers approach it, what the impact will be, what new book/status quos will turn up, and how long it lasts.

- I'm curious if Coates will stick around on Cap's title after issue #25. Judging by that cover, it at least seems like he's fully Captain America again.

- So all the anti-Avenger super-teams are coming together to go against The Avengers. Is Aaron consolidating his plots so as to bring this run to a conclusion?

- Thor vs. Jane Foster? Yeah, I don't see that ending well.And why does the villain look so much like Tyr?

- It's weird to see Nebula with hair again, but I guess it's a reference to classic Nebula.

- Sounds like The Runaways first foray as full-fledged Superheroes doesn't go well...perfectly timed with it becoming illegal to be young adult Superheroes!
    Thompson is now co-writing Teen Titans, yeah. He's clearly not exclusive, but Teen Titans is more regular work than what Marvel's been giving him lately. In fact, has he even done anything since Meet The Skrulls?

From Outlawed, I think we'll be getting Champions (confirmed by Eve Ewing already), Future Foundation (they said there'd be news soon about them in this week's issue, and there'd be big changes), maybe a couple of teen solos? And of course, Runaways, Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales will continue.

Good question about Cap. #25 is when Spencer jumped off.

Aaron off Avengers soon? Maybe then we can have multiple teams again, which means less folks in limbo.

Jane isn't transformed on that cover, so it looks like she's refusing to fight Thor.

Well, it seems that Nebula's been shaving her head since she became a cyborg. The solicit says she has amnesia, and looking at the cover she's also lost her cybernetic implants, so that would explain her growing it out.

Runaways for sure will tie into Outlawed next arc (it's definitely running to at least issue 36, confirmed by the writer).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-19-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

ASM 41 & 42
    Immortal Hulk 32 & 33
    Scream: Curse of Carnage 5
    Spiderman:Noir 1 (of 5)
    Venom 24

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

They are killing it with these Ant-man mini-series covers
    Baby Thanos