Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Kate Bishop Appreciation 2019

Thread of discussion about Kate Bishop aka Not that Hawkeye.
    This is the old thread.

KATE BISHOP
    Where trouble lurks, Bishop works!

General Information by ComicVine
    Super Name: Kate Bishop/Hawkeye
    Aliases: Hawkbird, Hawkeye, Hawkeye Jr., Hawkingbird, Kate Bishop, Madame Masque, Mockingbird, New Hawkeye, Young Hawkeye, Hawkette, Lady Hawkguy, Arrowhead
    Publisher: Marvel
    Creators: Jim Cheung, Allan Heinberg
    Character Type: Human
    First Appearance: Young Avengers #1 - Sidekicks (Part 1)
    Powers: Agility, Gadgets, Insanely Rich, Intellect, Leadership, Marksmanship, Stamina, Swordsmanship, Unarmed Combat, Weapon Master

ESSENTIAL READING
    - Young Avengers Vol. 1 - 2
    - Avengers: The Children's Crusade
    - Civil War: Young Avengers and Runaways
    - Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
    - Dark Reign: Young Avengers
    - Hawkeye Vol. 4 - 5
    - Hawkeye vs. Deadpool
    - All-New Hawkeye Vol 1 - 2
    - West Coast Avengers Vol. 3
    - War of the Realms: Journey into Mystery

So, we have Kate in "War Of The Realms: Journey Into Mystery"

Fantastic Member

So I found a one-shot fanfic of Kate Bishop who never joined the Young Avengers and became a anti-hero somewhat similar to The Punisher (she didn't kill muggers, thieves, and average criminals just usually an arrow through the knee or shoulder... but rapists she always killed) And I think it's pretty good.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/5473190

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    So I found a one-shot fanfic of Kate Bishop who never joined the Young Avengers and became a anti-hero somewhat similar to The Punisher (she didn't kill muggers, thieves, and average criminals just usually an arrow through the knee or shoulder... but rapists she always killed) And I think it's pretty good.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/5473190
    Sounds interesting, I'll take a look

Kate's going to need a new home after War of the Realms, as West Coast Avengers is done.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...12449796534273
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kate's going to need a new home after War of the Realms, as West Coast Avengers is done.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...12449796534273
    Done? Oh God! I love it

Ultimate Member

Seeing Kate is exciting, I really like her. And MCU Hawkeye has been established as having a "fatherly" type of dynamic with younger people, so it'll be interesting to see how his dynamic with her differs from the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Seeing Kate is exciting, I really like her. And MCU Hawkeye has been established as having a "fatherly" type of dynamic with younger people, so it'll be interesting to see how his dynamic with her differs from the comics?
    Yeah, I can't quite see Renner's Hawkeye having the dynamic with Kate that they did in the Fraction run, assuming Kate's characterizations is lifted straight from there anyways.

(Will she wear the hip holes in live-action ?).

I'm seeing in some articles that TV Kate may be his daughter. If this turns out to be true, how would you folks feel if Marvel was to retcon comic Kate for synergy?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm seeing in some articles that TV Kate may be his daughter. If this turns out to be true, how would you folks feel if Marvel was to retcon comic Kate for synergy?
    Well, it wouldn't be the best case scenario, but I wouldn't be too mad at some changes like that, as long as her personality stays mostly true to the comics.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

That's not possible at all. The age difference (I'm guessing only 15 years at most?) and practically all of the material with her background in Young Avengers, Fraction's run and the Thompson run preclude this.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    That's not possible at all. The age difference (I'm guessing only 15 years at most?) and practically all of the material with her background in Young Avengers, Fraction's run and the Thompson run preclude this.
    just said this in the West coast thread, pretty much. Even if they retcon Clint into sleeping with her mother years ago, (which due to ages would be ew) her upbringing will remain the same. I won't deny they do synergy sometimes, but only if it's easy synergy. if it involves massive retcons and invalidating years of character development, i doubt it will happen.

ps how does this thread not have more replies?
    Last edited by Raye; 04-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.

If it was his daughter, she wouldn't be called Kate Bishop. So synergy would mean introducing a new character. Like Hank Pym and Nadia Van Dyne though, it would need to be a child he didn't know he had. Clint would have got someone pregnant before he joined the Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It would be pretty weird since sometimes Kate is just Clint's mom.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate