Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Given how different Renner's Clint is, the dynamic would almost have to be changed. But him being a father figure is something that has been established as far back as AOU, so they probably could make it work.?
    After losing his family, going on a murder rampage, and then getting them back, I can imagine Hawkeye will be a little more 'broken inside' than in past movies, so he could still develop the kind of messy relationship with Kate that they share in the comics, especially if she is already in her late teens when they meet

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/Renner4Real/stat...05102421454848

OMG LOOK HOW PEOPLE CHEERED WHEN KATE APPEARED
    WE LOVE AN ACCLAIMED QUEEN
    Given the art, it looks like they're sticking pretty closely to the Aja redesign (or plan to).

But they might have just used that to make it obvious it's her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    After losing his family, going on a murder rampage, and then getting them back, I can imagine Hawkeye will be a little more 'broken inside' than in past movies, so he could still develop the kind of messy relationship with Kate that they share in the comics, especially if she is already in her late teens when they meet
    I think it'll be an interesting dynamic, one I hope is different enough from the comics.

Ultimate Member

I don't see how Renner's Hawkeye, even if he is "damaged" would end up becoming like Fraction's one. They're just too different in terms of characterizations.

Okay, kinda a strange question here but – I was speaking with somebody who said that the America Chavez solo revealed that Kate's mom was Japanese. I don't remember hearing anything about that... but, on the off chance that there's somebody who actually read it here, is there any truth to that?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Okay, kinda a strange question here but – I was speaking with somebody who said that the America Chavez solo revealed that Kate's mom was Japanese. I don't remember hearing anything about that... but, on the off chance that there's somebody who actually read it here, is there any truth to that?
    ...I never read America's solo but I would've thought if that had been the case someone would've mentioned it more on this board.

She didn't really come off as Japanese to me the way she was depicted in any of Kelly Thompson's stuff. I think Kate would've mentioned she was half-Japanese if she was in those books too.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I have no idea what this person is talking about. I don't think the America solo ever even mentioned Eleanor Bishop, nevermind established an ethnic background for her.

Kate's mom is not japanese and she's not asian or something. I don't know why a lot of fans see Kate as an asian bc she clearly isn't it (with the blue eyes and stuff).

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/09...ilee-steinfeld

Perfect casting IMO.
    She was brilliant in Edge Of Seventeen

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I have no idea what this person is talking about. I don't think the America solo ever even mentioned Eleanor Bishop, nevermind established an ethnic background for her.
    Yeah, after looking into it, I'm really curious what comics they read that they misremembered as Kate Bishop comics. I've got to assume that's how it happened.

Perfect casting IMO.
    I just realized that I haven't seen her in anything since True Grit but I'm glad to see the choice is getting positive reception.

Perfect casting IMO.
    I don't know her, is she a good actress at least?

Ultimate Member

Yes she is. She was nominated for an Oscar at age 14 in fact (for the Coen Brothers True Grit film to be exact).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yeah, after looking into it, I'm really curious what comics they read that they misremembered as Kate Bishop comics. I've got to assume that's how it happened.
    Fandom is kinda crazy these days. I was already expecting it, but so many people are already pulling the ''whitewashing'' card against Hailee's potential casting. The notion of Kate being asian has become such a popular headcanon that some fans just can't even tell what's canon from fanon anymore.

The funny thing is, Hailee is actually of filipino descent, so if she gets to role, we are getting an asian Kate (assuming they incorporate that into the character) after all.