Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"WHERE TROUBLE LURKS, BISHOP WORKS"

OMG, is that a line from the book somewhere or is the thread creator responsible? If its you, Magik, I say BRAVA!

That's exquisite.
    Anyone got the skinny on that War of Realms tie-in and how Kate did? I was unable to secure a copy.

Also, I just love Kate. She's so terrific. I really hope she finds a home after West Coast Avengers. That title proved to be a real diamond for me in a lot of unexpected ways. Pesky Kelly and her pesky brilliance.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm seeing in some articles that TV Kate may be his daughter. If this turns out to be true, how would you folks feel if Marvel was to retcon comic Kate for synergy?
    1. We've seen Clint's kids in the MCU. None of them are called Kate.

2. Variety specifically tells us the character is going to be Kate BISHOP, not Barton.

With those two things in mind, I find it hard to see any credibility in the idea that MCU Kate is going to be his daughter. But in a hypothetical scenario in which she is, I don't think the comics would do the same. There are certain retcons that simply do not work, and this is one of them. Plus, they didn't turn Hela into Odin's daughter all of a sudden just because of the movies, did they? So yeah, I like to think the comics would know better than that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-14-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    "WHERE TROUBLE LURKS, BISHOP WORKS"

OMG, is that a line from the book somewhere or is the thread creator responsible? If its you, Magik, I say BRAVA!
    Oh that line is from the Hawkeye #2 and I just loved it so I'm not that great :

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    ps how does this thread not have more replies?
    I know right?

I always thought that Kate would have been a great character in the Jessica Jones tv show but now the show is cancelled, I'm not sure about her in this Clint Burton tv show...I never liked the actor (he's too old) or his storyline in the MCU so I'm worry about Kate. She's an amazing character on comic books but I don't think they'll write her that well on this tv show or whatever.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Funny thing is, they had already posted a 101 video for Kate in 2017. It's unusual for characters to get two videos like that. The timing for this new video is very interesting, considering the Disney+ news we just got. I will not be surprised if the push for Kate gets even bigger from now on.

Strange that they posted another then. It's not like they updated it to account for West Coast Avengers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Endgame spoilers:
    spoilers:
    So we didn't see Katherine Langford as Kate Bishop in the movie so we don't really know if she was cut of the film or not. The only "Kate reference" was Lila Barton doing some archery before the Thanos snap.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We don't even know who she was supposed to be playing.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

After reading the new West Coast Avengers...I prefer Kate more as the street level PI she was in the Hawkeye series. Would love to see her get back to that.

Ugh...the artist on the War of Realm: Journey into Mystery is terrible! Kate looks awful!!

Well, she wouldn't be the first Power Rangers actor to be in Marvel. Eka Darville, aka RPM Red Ranger Scott Truman, was in Jessica Jones.

can't say I've ever seen her in Power Rangers, or anything else she was in that I am aware of, but she looks the part in the photo, so hey, not like I had a better idea or anything.

She's Roxy, one of the villains in the current season, Power Rangers Beast Morphers. It's only aired in America and Australia so far.

Yeah i know, it's just not a show I have any real interest in watching, even if i could watch it. (we probably get it in Canada, we get most things the US gets on cable. But I don't get cable, if it doesn't stream I don't watch it) Haven't watched anything Power Rangers related since the 90's.