Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default COSMOS Tyson...how powerful/dangerous?

Just watched Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey and promptly went "DAMN, SON!" Awesome stuff. And then it occurred to me; Tyson's got a LOT of damned good feats in this... SO. Lets find out how dangerous Neil DeGrasse Tyson would be in a Rumble.

Feats from Ep1(which is as far as I've gotten...)

• Ship composed purely of imagination
    • Said ship is quick enough to catch the Voyager probe in seconds, stop, let it fly past, then accelerate again and buzz it like the probe is standing still. That's HELLA quick.
    • Compresses 4th dimensional cosmic time into a 2 dimensional calender
    • After the time compression feat, he walks to the beginning of time and tanks the BIG BANG. it doesn't even move his clothes, or worry his hair.
    • Scales and navigates time at will
    • Tanks the blast of the asteroid which killed off the dinosaurs
    • Cosmic Precog: knows what cosmic bodies will do millions, if not billions of years in advance.
    • Being beyond being; can still exist before the Big bang(while narrating it...)
    • Creation-wide awareness and conceptual projection beyond the 4th Wall; he literally shows the viewer the multiverse
    • Knowledge of minute matters at any point in history
    • Able to transport himself practically anywhere(he moves from different points in time and space in ridiculously small amounts of time)

There may be more that I'm forgetting.

SO. How dangerous is COSMOS Tyson in the Arena, and who is the weakest that can beat him in a Rumble?

THat is dman impressive. The title made me think if Mike Tyson had power cosmic.

He's also capable of Atom-level microverse shrinking, I believe in the second episode.

In a later episode, he pilots the ship into a black hole. You see that it stretches and distorts his body at the conceptual level, then he simply pilots the ship out.

The ship is FTL and capable of time travel, teleportation, and can tank big-bang level damage.

It is clearly a TARDIS.
    Last edited by Twickster; 11-04-2014 at 11:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    He's also capable of Atom-level microverse shrinking, I believe in the second episode.

In a later episode, he pilots the ship into a black hole. You see that it stretches and distorts his body at the conceptual level, then he simply pilots the ship out.

The ship is FTL and capable of time travel, teleportation, and can tank big-bang level damage.

It is clearly a TARDIS.
    This is one SCARY dude. I only watched Ep1 and he's already on the level of bloody Lucifer. Note that he also has some damned good stuff from his wrestling days, so he can actually fight; he isn't limited to the normal cosmic stand-off "blast you from a distance with eyebeams" strategy. Close in too much and BAM! Tackled, grappled, grounded and pounded...we might have a new Rumbles Beast here.

tyson-wrestle.jpg

^^^What opponents in the Khazan are likely to see barreling towards them...

BANNED

Alright, just got through the next two episodes, and COSMOS Tyson gets more impressive;

• Cosmic body ballistic control; he defines the paths of meteors by tracing their arcs with his finger
    • Remember the 4D to 2D compressed time calender? It sticks; in episode 2, its shown that what COSMOS Tyson does, it remains in continuity. Stands to reason that his actions might not be retconnable.
    • We're also shown that the Imagination Ship has limitations on engine power, at least with its engines at full reverse; its engines get overwhelmed by a black hole's Event Horizon...and it eventually gets pulled in.
    • ...HOWEVER. The ship's durability is pretty damned crazy; it not only withstands being pulled into the Event Horizon, but tanks the different physical laws beyond it. Tyson keeps the hammer down, and jumps in and out of several other black holes while pinballing around the universe.
    • Animal summons across time; he calls a dog to him when he's tooling around in the past. Seems that he has access to a sort of "time nexus" through which he can summon things.
    • Access to every great epoch of life on the Earth through the Halls of Extinction. Its implied that the Halls will withstand even the end of the human race; there is a new steele over one of the hallways that's reserved for our extinction.
    • Structural integrity; COSMOS Tyson withstands "a hundred thousand G"...
    • ...after he negates gravity on one street in New York to demonstrate the effect of the force. Straight after that, he removes all the people on that street and slams gravity up 100,000 times its norm. He's unaffected.
    • The Imagination Ship is shown to pull of Atom-like feats; it shrinks in seconds to molecular scale so that COSMOS Tyson can show the viewer how DNA and protein works. In a living bear.

DAMN, SON. If he can handle 100,000G, getting punched by Superman or being Spirit Bombed isn't going to bother him any.
    Last edited by T51R; 11-05-2014 at 09:04 PM.

BANNED

Pretty much. It's mostly the ship, but still. Obviously the ship on the show isn't really meant to be talked about this way (because it's a storytelling device for teaching people about science, not an actual actor in a fictional narrative), but I supposed this is a pretty amusing way to use the feat-based rules of rumbles for some fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    Pretty much. It's mostly the ship, but still. Obviously the ship on the show isn't really meant to be talked about this way (because it's a storytelling device for teaching people about science, not an actual actor in a fictional narrative), but I supposed this is a pretty amusing way to use the feat-based rules of rumbles for some fun.
    Yer. The writing is freaking awesome. I've learned a crap ton more watching this series, and I make stuff for a living. Thinking of it in the Rumbles context was a snap idea. And it seems to have produced a monster.

Also.

• COSMOS Tyson can literally see, and physically catch soundwaves as well as banish them. So much for using The Word or having Black Bolt yell at him.
    • Finally saw the nano-verse feats, where the ship shrinks both itself and its occupant to sub-atomic size to show the viewer how atoms work.
    • On-board time portals: to look at the present, look out its window. To see the future, look through its ceiling. And to see the past, look through the floor of it.
    • MORE summoning; COSMOS Tyson can summon people from the past, from across the planet, right onto the bridge.
    • The powersource of the ship is finally revealed, and its far worse than a plot-device Warp Core...the thing is literally powered by two of the deadliest things known: science, and imagination.
    Last edited by T51R; 11-06-2014 at 03:26 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

neil_degrasse_tyson_badass_616.jpg

really, does anyone want a piece of this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Yer. The writing is freaking awesome. I've learned a crap ton more watching this series, and I make stuff for a living. Thinking of it in the Rumbles context was a snap idea. And it seems to have produced a monster.

Also.

• COSMOS Tyson can literally see, and physically catch soundwaves as well as banish them. So much for using The Word or having Black Bolt yell at him.
    • Finally saw the nano-verse feats, where the ship shrinks both itself and its occupant to sub-atomic size to show the viewer how atoms work.
    • On-board time portals: to look at the present, look out its window. To see the future, look through its ceiling. And to see the past, look through the floor of it.
    • MORE summoning; COSMOS Tyson can summon people from the past, from across the planet, right onto the bridge.
    • The powersource of the ship is finally revealed, and its far worse than a plot-device Warp Core...the thing is literally powered by two of the deadliest things known: science, and imagination.
    I don't think Blackbolt uses actual sound waves though, I thought his power was something more. Also, if it was sound you wouldn't give the guy the ability to "banish" any sound wave regardless of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I don't think Blackbolt uses actual sound waves though, I thought his power was something more. Also, if it was sound you wouldn't give the guy the ability to "banish" any sound wave regardless of power.
    Blackbolt voice disturbs electrons. That's why it's so dangerous. Itis atomic destruction via electrons based on how much sound volume he lets out. So the guy is a walking weapon of mass destruction.

BANNED

Also how many of these feats are Tyson and how many are the ship?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Huh. I misread this as "Cosmo's Tyson" and was wondering if he was going to have tips on fashion or something like "15 Ways You Can Wow Him In Bed With A Quantum Singularity."

I've got to say that this is far less disturbing.

BANNED

I don't think even the Celestials could take him, in the ship.

Mind you, we never see the ship actually *attack* anything, ever. per Rumbles rules, we must assume it has no weapons. All the active stuff we see is by Tyson himself using his Science and Imagination powers.

But I mean, the vehicle can tank the destruction and creation of universes. Is there a fictional character anywhere that can even ding it?

Considering the power source of the ship. Tyson could Green Lantern style rig up attack weapons at any times as far I cna tell. How things like that work in a probale setting.

And really theonly kind of beings to defeat biengs who survive destruction and Creation of universes are the Omniversal threats, and Mary Sues/Gary Stus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Considering the power source of the ship. Tyson could Green Lantern style rig up attack weapons at any times as far I cna tell. .
    But per Rumbles rules, we can't assume that! :P Because we've never seen him do it.

I'm sure he turn turn an enemy into, say, a flowchart, or a flattened calendar illustration for the viewers, or something. Not much you can do about that.