Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the drunkard kid View Post
    in all fairness to the kitty pryde feat, her powers are usually depicted as her being able to cause her molecules to move through the spaces between particles in a relatively narrow manner rather than her shifting between dimensions, or something like that, so magneto's much more diverse ability to manipulate particles on the subatomic level due to his control of the electromagnetic spectrum means that he may well be able target and to affect kitty's particles in ways that her phasing wouldn't be able to resist.
    MAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGNNNNEEEEEEEEEETTTTTSSSSSSSSssssss! !!!

Just a thought though... if this is becoming a board meme, does this mean Hatneto now has to start shouting “HAAATTTNNEEEETTTSSSS!!!” whenever we veer off-topic?

Seriously dudes, this meme is becoming pretty unfunny, with all this overusage.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Don't you have a Charles to kill there, Cyclops.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

You just need more magnets in your life. :P

*ahem* Ok, to take this thread more seriously for a moment, bare minimum you will need to reach into the 616 cosmic grab bag to contend with Doc.

Recent Manhattan is even more potent than previously right?

I'm thinking the In-Betweener.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Magneto: "You're just trying to cover for that you too have understood that screaming MAGNETS! is the source of all power. Look how many times you just did that!"

Manhattan: "... no I'm not. Unrelatedly, MAGNETS!"

Magneto: "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNEEEEEEEEEEEETS!"

Manhattan: "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE EEEEETSSSSSSSS!!!"

Magneto: "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNNNNN NEEEEEEEEEEEETSSSSSSSS!!!!"

Charles: "I want to complain about how stupid this is, but these idiots turned me into a shrub 35 minutes ago."
    Peridot: "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNNNNNNNNNN NNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

Charles Xshrubier: "OK, where did the tiny green alien come from? And why is she screaming magnets too?!"

Lapis Lasagnuli: "Don't ask me! I was watching Camp Pining Hearts not moments before, now I'm here and a plate of lasagna!"

Magneto: "So you too understand the power of screaming magnets tiny green person?"

Peridot: "What are you talking about? I thought this was some Earth tradition and was joining in!"

Manhattan: "You need to surrender, for I will win. I do not need to breathe."

Peridot: "Well neither do I!"

Magneto: "The power of Magnets allows me to scream it eternally!"

Manhattan: "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEETTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!"

Peridot: "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!"

Magneto: "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!"

Charles Xshrubier: "I'm getting a headache and I currently lack one."

Lapis Lasagnuli: "I'm more worried about the orange cat staring at me creepily."

All Might: "I can stop this! PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS UUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Charles Xshrubier: "And it just keeps getting worse thanks to those idiots shredding reality screaming magnets at each other."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Pure poetry hahaha :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

They overthought stuff trying to make Magneto look 'cool' (and look how well that worked out...).

Kitty used to get zapped by stuff like electricity. In fact, in her first encounter with Magneto (whilst wearing one of her worst costumes ever, and to say that about Kitty Pryde is saying a lot, I'vealreadyposteditonce, I'mnotpostingitagain) she tried to phase through him and he basically electrified her (which resulted in him realizing '****, I'm killing children here!' and voluntarily giving up the fight, which is a good thing because he was kicking everyone around like hacky-sacks). Worked just fine.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

*pokes sharp*

C'mon. Postagainpleasemygoodsir.
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Having mercifully ceased to bedevil the forum with posts regarding the Spider-Mobile, I'm not going to double down with Sprite-Costume Posts.

I will simply post a linky.

...and you were THERE; you're just stirring up crap. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Dint make sense considering he punked the hell out of Thir in Avengers vs X Men. Magneto uses his powers better than Surfer, Thor, or Dr. Strange. Been like that for the last 3 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Dint make sense considering he punked the hell out of Thir in Avengers vs X Men. Magneto uses his powers better than Surfer, Thor, or Dr. Strange. Been like that for the last 3 decades.
    Ok, what was once just a funny board meme is clearly being misconstrued.

We aren't saying Eric can't do crazy stuff with his powers. We are saying it is kind of hilarious the level of diversity his powers can achieve given that he is not wielding the power cosmic, but straight magnetism. Its funny!

Unlike Darkseid and "stairs" this particular joke doesnt come at the expense of the character. It is often used in conjunction with showing off some of the crazier stuff he has done.

A thread a while back had it suggested he could help depower Immortal Hulk using "MAAAGNETS" to mess with UV radiation.

It's a compliment wrapped up in goofiness.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    You just need more magnets in your life. :P
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    They overthought stuff trying to make Magneto look 'cool' (and look how well that worked out...).

Kitty used to get zapped by stuff like electricity. In fact, in her first encounter with Magneto (whilst wearing one of her worst costumes ever, and to say that about Kitty Pryde is saying a lot, I'vealreadyposteditonce, I'mnotpostingitagain) she tried to phase through him and he basically electrified her (which resulted in him realizing '****, I'm killing children here!' and voluntarily giving up the fight, which is a good thing because he was kicking everyone around like hacky-sacks). Worked just fine.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGNEEEEEEEEEEEETS!"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator