Astonishing Member

Default Kamen RIder Chronos vs Komato Assassin Asha

who take this?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Not familiar with Chronos, but Asha depends a bit on how the arena is set up. If it's a wide open space, he's in good shape. If it's clustered or closed in at all, he's liable to teleport himself into a wall by not having memorized the area and because he's a dumbass who has done that before. Default Khazan seems to assume a lot of open space though, just noting that he kind of needs that for an unprepped fight.

Anyway, like I said, I don't know Chronos, but Asha is pretty frightening, being a bullet timing teleporter with a lot of fast, high impact weapons and AoE. Notable that he's a bullet timer due to intense training in a setting where bullet timing isn't really supposed to be possible, so he's pretty skilled too. He's got CIS on par with Vegeta letting Cell eat Android 18 though. He will absolutely stand there and take a few shots from a shotgun because dodging anything short of a rocket launcher is for cowards.

IIRC, his abilities are such that he can use split-second teleport reflexes to basically i-frame large scale AoE attacks.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-08-2019 at 06:52 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

So as I said, to the best of my recollection, Asha can dodge the nuke, which is an instant screenwiping attack, by reflexively teleporting the same instant it goes off such that he's effectively "nowhere," at the time. Bearing that in mind, if it's included in basic knowledge, I don't think an activated timestop would actually work on him. You'd stop time and he'd just not be there.

I believe his ability to pull off that dodge is actually brought up by another assassin in a log that serves as foreshadowing for his boss fight.

Edit: Anyway, I'm sure there's other feats in the series, but based on that clip, I'm not seeing anything that's really going to pressure Asha. Iji has a huge array of high powered artillery that does absolutely no good for her against Asha. His weapons are all strong enough to do damage to her nanofield on par with large scale artillery bombardment, he's a bullet timer, and he's highly skilled at doing a lot of high speed combat teleportation manoeuvres, combined with his already high speed to just constantly be blitzing from every direction. He's the most threatening thing Iji fought, second only to the strongest general in the Komato army, piloting a giant robot with a main gun designed to punch through planetary shields. Asha's also durable enough to just stand there and tank a few rounds from a shotgun with his face out of sheer machismo.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-08-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Ignore the dialogue here, as it's from a sort of bonus parody mode, so it's all just nonsense, but here's Asha:

Note that the only reason Iji is actually hitting him with anything, is because Asha is too macho to dodge her smallest weapons. Pull out anything bigger and he'll just dodge. Also note that as the fight goes on he starts afterimage blitzing.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-08-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Ignore the dialogue here, as it's from a sort of bonus parody mode, so it's all just nonsense, but here's Asha:

Note that the only reason Iji is actually hitting him with anything, is because Asha is too macho to dodge her smallest weapons. Pull out anything bigger and he'll just dodge. Also note that as the fight goes on he starts afterimage blitzing.
    Yeah something tells me Chronos is kinda boned here. Especially if Asha smashes the belt. Break that and he loses his time stop.

Speedblitz City!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

He also makes for a really well designed high-difficulty boss fight, to be honest.