Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Kaine Parker: Scarlet Spider Appreciation 2019

Kaine Parker: Scarlet Spider Appreciation 2019!

Last edited by Spiderfang; 01-16-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Collected Editions & Selected Reading

90's Clone Saga

* The Complete Clone Saga Epic Book 1 (Collects SPIDER-MAN: THE LOST YEARS 0-3, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) 117-119, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 394, SPIDER-MAN (1990) 51-53, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) 217, MATERIAL FROM SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) 7)
    * The Complete Clone Saga Epic Book 2 (Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1962) 395-399, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) 218-221, SPIDER-MAN (1990) 54-56, SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) 8, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN 120-122, SPIDER-MAN: FUNERAL FOR AN
    OCTOPUS 1-3)
    * The Complete Clone Saga Epic Book 3 (Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1962) 400-401, SUPER SPECIAL; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) 222-224, SUPER SPECIAL; SPIDER-MAN (1990) 57-58, SUPER SPECIAL; SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) 9; WEB OF SPIDER-MAN 123-124, SUPER SPECIAL; SPIDER-MAN: THE CLONE JOURNAL; VENOM SUPER SPECIAL)
    * The Complete Clone Saga Epic Book 4 (Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 402-404; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) 225-227; SPIDER-MAN (1990) 59-61; WEB OF SPIDER-MAN 125-127; NEW WARRIORS (1990) 61; SPIDER-MAN: THE JACKAL FILES; SPIDER-MAN: MAXIMUM CLONAGE ALPHA, OMEGA)
    * The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Book 1 (Collects SPIDER-MAN: THE PARKER YEARS, NEW WARRIORS (1990) #65-66, SCARLET SPIDER UNLIMITED #1, WEB OF SCARLET SPIDER #1-2, AMAZING SCARLET SPIDER #1-2, SCARLET SPIDER #1-2, SPECTACULAR SCARLET SPIDER #1-2, GREEN GOBLIN #3. and SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #0 and MINI-COMIC.)

* The Amazing Spider-Man Identity Crisis (Collecting Collecting SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #27-28, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #434-435, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #91-92 and SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #257-258.)

* Dark Reign (Collects Lethal Legion #1-3, and Made Men digital comic)

Kraven Saga
    * Grim Hunt (Collects Amazing Spider-Man #634-637, Grim Hunt Prologue and material from Web Of Spider-Man #7 & Spider-Man Origin Of The Hunter)

* Spider-Island (Collects Amazing Spider -Man 666-673, Venom 6-9, Spider -Island : Deadly Foes , material from Amazing Spider -Man 659-660, 662-665, Spider-Island Spotlight)

As Scarlet Spider

* Scarlet Spider Vol. 1: Life After Death (Collects Scarlet Spider 1-6, material from Marvel Point One)
    * Scarlet Spider Vol. 2: Lone Star (Collects Scarlet Spider 7-9, 12.1, 13-15)
    * Scarlet Spider Vol. 3: The Big Leagues (Collects Scarlet Spider 16-19, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up 2, Scarlet Spider 20)
    * Scarlet Spider Vol. 4: Into the Grave (Collects SCARLET SPIDER 21-25)

Carnage - Minimum Carnage (Collects Minimum Carnage: Alpha 1; Venom 26-27; Scarlet Spider 10-12; Minimum Carnage: Omega 1)

* Spider-Verse (Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) #7-15, SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #32-33, SPIDER-VERSE #1-2, SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #1-3, SCARLET SPIDERS #1-3, SPIDER-WOMAN (2014) #1-4, SPIDER-MAN 2099 (2014) #6-8 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2014 (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) #1)

* Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy (Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 19-24; THE CLONE CONSPIRACY 1-5; THE CLONE CONSPIRACY: OMEGA; SILK 14-17; PROWLER 1-5; FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CAPTAIN AMERICA) 1 (SPIDER-MAN STORY))

Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider

* Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 1: Back In the Hood (Collects BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER 1-6)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 2: Death's Sting (Collects BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER 6-10, SLINGERS (1998) 0)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 3: Slinger's Return (Collects BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER 10-14)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 4: Damnation (Collects BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER 15-20)
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vol. 5: Deal With the Devil (Collects BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER 20-25)

* Spidergeddon! (Collects SPIDER-GEDDON 0-5, SPIDER-GEDDON: VAULT OF SPIDERS 1-2)
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 01-08-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

Kaine really needs to lose his facial scars again. It was a dumb move to re-scar him.

Unrelated musing... is Kaine still supposed to be like half a foot taller than Peter and Ben? Last few years it seems he's now the same size. Maybe that toxic soup he bathed in during 'Spider-Island' shrunk him like a new shirt in a washing machine....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    As Scarlet Spider

* Scarlet Spider Vol. 1: Life After Death (Collects Scarlet Spider 1-6, material from Marvel Point One)
    * Scarlet Spider Vol. 2: Lone Star (Collects Scarlet Spider 7-9, 12.1, 13-15)
    * Scarlet Spider Vol. 3: The Big Leagues (Collects Scarlet Spider 16-19, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up 2, Scarlet Spider 20)
    * Scarlet Spider Vol. 4: Into the Grave (Collects SCARLET SPIDER 21-25)
    Wait, what? They never collected issues 10, 11 and 12? What's that about?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Wait, what? They never collected issues 10, 11 and 12? What's that about?
    10-12 are part of the Minimum Carnage collection, along with Venom 26-27 (by Cullen Bunn) and the Alpha and Omega issues.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    10-12 are part of the Minimum Carnage collection, along with Venom 26-27 (by Cullen Bunn) and the Alpha and Omega issues.
    Ah. In that case, the only omissions I noticed was the 4 part ‘Spider-Man: Redemption’ mini, which I think is collected in the final Ben Reilly epic. And also his return in ASM #608-610, which is the ‘Who was Ben Reilly?’ arc with Raptor. Don’t know if that’s collected, but probably.

Ah. In that case, the only omissions I noticed was the 4 part ‘Spider-Man: Redemption’ mini, which I think is collected in the final Ben Reilly epic. And also his return in ASM #608-610, which is the ‘Who was Ben Reilly?’ arc with Raptor. Don’t know if that’s collected, but probably.
    It is collected, with the Black Cat return arc from #606-607, in ASM: Return of the Black Cat.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I miss Kaine. He needs another book. Maybe a mix of his Scarlet Spider costume with Ben’s Amazing Spider-Man look.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I miss Kaine. He needs another book. Maybe a mix of his Scarlet Spider costume with Ben’s Amazing Spider-Man look.
    Yeah, I would love to see him in another book. Preferably, I'd like to have both Kaine and Ben in a Scarlet Spiders duo book where they play off each other's similarities and differences, based on the work begun by JM DeMatteis in The Lost Years and Redemption. As for adapting aspects of Ben's Sensational Spider-Man costume for Kaine's Scarlet Spider, that could work, too, at least when it comes to the boots.

Kaine really needs to lose his facial scars again. It was a dumb move to re-scar him.
    Disagreeeeeee.

Kaine without degeneration is like Ben without webshooters on the outside of the costume!!!

-Pav, who demands tragedy for Kaine...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I would love to see him in another book. Preferably, I'd like to have both Kaine and Ben in a Scarlet Spiders duo book where they play off each other's similarities and differences, based on the work begun by JM DeMatteis in The Lost Years and Redemption. As for adapting aspects of Ben's Sensational Spider-Man costume for Kaine's Scarlet Spider, that could work, too, at least when it comes to the boots.
    I’d be for that. Get Will Sliney on art. I really miss his Miggy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d be for that. Get Will Sliney on art. I really miss his Miggy.
    Will Sliney on art wouldn't be too bad.

Ah...The Scarlet Spider. One of the best characters and series in the Spider-Verse.

Also an insane badass who is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Ah...The Scarlet Spider. One of the best characters and series in the Spider-Verse.

Also an insane badass who is awesome.
    Yes. Very awesome.

Astonishing Member

My favourite time period for Kaine has to be him as the Scarlet Spider with Hummingbird. The interactions between the two and with other characters. Christopher Yost did a great job on the solo series and the New Warriors as well.