Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What I want to see is a partnership between Kaine and Moondragon...
    How would this work? Isn’t moondragon with phyla-vell

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    How would this work? Isn’t moondragon with phyla-vell
    Moondragon could help to heal Kaine's mental scars....

Amazing Member

I don’t think he needs that in the same way that Wolverine or the punisher doesn’t need it, it’s part of who they are. I prefer it when characters own up to their mistakes and try to atone rather than just forget or make excuses. I don’t see moondragon and Kaine because they are from two different levels, street and space. Even spiderman hasn’t interacted a lot with her today the least, and he has meet everyone.

iMan 42s

Fixing Kaine's mental scars is kind of vague and the point of that sort of mental anguish sticking around was because in Scarlet Spider he's trying to live up to his brother and is having a hard time of it because he comes at the whole hero thing like well..., Kaine (notice how his methods develop over the course of the books). He's not trying to be Peter, he's trying to be more like Ben or at least what he thought Ben was like. Because of how deranged he was when Ben was alive and viewed him as the "perfect" child, he's coming at it with a unique take and he doesn't always make the best decision, something he feels Ben wouldn't have screwed up. Making Kaine "his own man" as it where is missing the drama since he just becomes an angrier Spider-man.

Frankly that's why I didn't like the later takes on him. Removing the Other, making Ben more like Kaine, taking away his unique power-set just makes him an angrier Spider-man and takes the teeth out of him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Fixing Kaine's mental scars is kind of vague and the point of that sort of mental anguish sticking around was because in Scarlet Spider he's trying to live up to his brother and is having a hard time of it because he comes at the whole hero thing like well..., Kaine (notice how his methods develop over the course of the books). He's not trying to be Peter, he's trying to be more like Ben or at least what he thought Ben was like. Because of how deranged he was when Ben was alive and viewed him as the "perfect" child, he's coming at it with a unique take and he doesn't always make the best decision, something he feels Ben wouldn't have screwed up. Making Kaine "his own man" as it where is missing the drama since he just becomes an angrier Spider-man.

Frankly that's why I didn't like the later takes on him. Removing the Other, making Ben more like Kaine, taking away his unique power-set just makes him an angrier Spider-man and takes the teeth out of him.
    I agree, the other and the lack of Ben really were key factors in his identity. However, I think this gives him a good opportunity to grow as a character and develop new abilities that weren’t hand me downs from peter. Time will tell

Amazing Member

Check out video containing Kaine:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAr0zHeUlp4&t=634s