Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What I want to see is a partnership between Kaine and Moondragon...
    How would this work? Isn’t moondragon with phyla-vell

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    How would this work? Isn’t moondragon with phyla-vell
    Moondragon could help to heal Kaine's mental scars....

Spectacular Member

I don’t think he needs that in the same way that Wolverine or the punisher doesn’t need it, it’s part of who they are. I prefer it when characters own up to their mistakes and try to atone rather than just forget or make excuses. I don’t see moondragon and Kaine because they are from two different levels, street and space. Even spiderman hasn’t interacted a lot with her today the least, and he has meet everyone.

iMan 42s

Fixing Kaine's mental scars is kind of vague and the point of that sort of mental anguish sticking around was because in Scarlet Spider he's trying to live up to his brother and is having a hard time of it because he comes at the whole hero thing like well..., Kaine (notice how his methods develop over the course of the books). He's not trying to be Peter, he's trying to be more like Ben or at least what he thought Ben was like. Because of how deranged he was when Ben was alive and viewed him as the "perfect" child, he's coming at it with a unique take and he doesn't always make the best decision, something he feels Ben wouldn't have screwed up. Making Kaine "his own man" as it where is missing the drama since he just becomes an angrier Spider-man.

Frankly that's why I didn't like the later takes on him. Removing the Other, making Ben more like Kaine, taking away his unique power-set just makes him an angrier Spider-man and takes the teeth out of him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Fixing Kaine's mental scars is kind of vague and the point of that sort of mental anguish sticking around was because in Scarlet Spider he's trying to live up to his brother and is having a hard time of it because he comes at the whole hero thing like well..., Kaine (notice how his methods develop over the course of the books). He's not trying to be Peter, he's trying to be more like Ben or at least what he thought Ben was like. Because of how deranged he was when Ben was alive and viewed him as the "perfect" child, he's coming at it with a unique take and he doesn't always make the best decision, something he feels Ben wouldn't have screwed up. Making Kaine "his own man" as it where is missing the drama since he just becomes an angrier Spider-man.

Frankly that's why I didn't like the later takes on him. Removing the Other, making Ben more like Kaine, taking away his unique power-set just makes him an angrier Spider-man and takes the teeth out of him.
    I agree, the other and the lack of Ben really were key factors in his identity. However, I think this gives him a good opportunity to grow as a character and develop new abilities that weren’t hand me downs from peter. Time will tell

Spectacular Member

Check out video containing Kaine:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAr0zHeUlp4&t=634s

Anyone catch the recent appearance of Hummingbird over in Dr. Strange?

-Pav, who found it a pleasant surprise...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Anyone catch the recent appearance of Hummingbird over in Dr. Strange?

-Pav, who found it a pleasant surprise...
    She was also in Champions #6 by Jim Zub. Very pleasant surprise there. I'm glad more writers are using her, and I hope this leads to a reunion between her and Kaine.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

About time

Astonishing Member

Hummingbird is always welcome.
    It’s been 6 months since we saw either Ben Reilly or Kaine in Spidergeddon. I’m going through serious withdrawal. They’re both still alive. Time for one or both of them to pop up again, especially now that Ben is “fixed.”

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hummingbird is always welcome.
    It’s been 6 months since we saw either Ben Reilly or Kaine in Spidergeddon. I’m going through serious withdrawal. They’re both still alive. Time for one or both of them to pop up again, especially now that Ben is “fixed.”
    It's Scarlet Fever! And the only cure is . . . more Scarlet Spider(s)!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Here is a hypothetical.

If marvel had to focus on one scarlet spider and kill the other one, would they kill Ben or Kaine?

iMan 42s

Here is a hypothetical.

If marvel had to focus on one scarlet spider and kill the other one, would they kill Ben or Kaine?
    Ben would be killed, Kaine was the successful one.

Kaine had a simple story to follow, he had a fairly easy toy to produce, he's easy to adapt to film and TV, and he was the least controversial. Ben's big push in the modern day also wasn't nearly as successful as Kaine's what with one of the worst Spider-events of the era spoiling the mood before the book even launched. Ben's book also ended with the worst way out that it had to be salvaged through another creative team or that it was due to editorial meddling in the first place. The worst Kaine's book did was that it wasn't over by the time it got cancelled, and it was victim of the push of readers eating up any and all things Doc Ock at the time due to the controversial nature of Superior Spider-man..., the main book.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'll just paste here what I wrote in the Ben Reilly thread, as it also pertains to Kaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    I wanted to bump this with an updated list of Reilly appearances for Scarlet Spider collectors:

* The Complete Clone Saga Epic Books 1-5
    * The Complete Ben Reilly Epic Books 1-6
    * Scarlet Spider (Kaine) Books 3 & 4
    * Spiderverse (Spiderverse Vol 3/#9, Scarlet Spiders 1-3)
    * Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy
    * Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider books 1-5
    * Spidergeddon

New Idea for Ben Series

I also think Ben needs a new angle, now that the clone Vegas/fake jackal stuff is over with I'd like him to star in a traveling series where he travels around the U.S. (and Canada) to find himself, while fighting crime. I figure that since most everyone seems to agree that the "real" Ben has been dead since the 1990's, and recently has been through a boatload of traumatic events that he has a lot to reflect on. I'd also like to see appearances from past Scarlet Spider characters from the 90's as well as villains.

What I don't want, I don't want Ben being hassled or harassed or manipulated by super omnipotent god-beings (i.e. Death, Mephisto). I don't want to read about Ben Reilly catching up on his life and experiences up to his death at the hands of Norman Osborne when suddenly Galactus appears and decides to make Ben a herald or else he blows up the earth. I don't want Ben and Kaine to be a constant recurring issue in every volume, yes I realize that when they last left off (as far as Scarlet Spider #5 goes) Ben tried killing Kaine, and even aside from that they still have a lot of patching up to do and while it should be referenced and brought up at a good interval in the story, it absolutely should not take precedence over Ben's sojourn.

All in all I think that the climax of the series could culminate in Ben realizing that he can still be his own character and a crime fighter without having to worry about being in Peter's shadow, and can resolve to either get revenge on Osborne or merely confront him (it was Norman who originally killed him after all). Others' ideas of course are welcomed and encouraged
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Here is a hypothetical.

dw, cbr...i got this

eff kaine, kill ben and marry peter
    troo fan or death