Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I ship Kaine and tragedy.

-Pav, who's talking Shakespearean-level...
    That's a strong ship if there ever was one.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

I need some help, I got into the Kaine character during his time as scarlet spider and grim hunt but I’ve been wanting to explore his character during the clone saga. Since I am not going to go thru all those volumes, Which story arcs should I focus on and what issues would I find them on? Thanks

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    I need some help, I got into the Kaine character during his time as scarlet spider and grim hunt but I’ve been wanting to explore his character during the clone saga. Since I am not going to go thru all those volumes, Which story arcs should I focus on and what issues would I find them on? Thanks
    "The Lost Years" and "Redemption," mainly, as those explore Kaine's and Ben Reilly's backstories and how they intertwine, along with The Trial of Peter Parker (where Kaine is revealed to be the defective first clone of Peter) and The Return of Kaine (taking place during Ben Reilly's time as Spider-Man).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone feel that Kaine should get his other powers back?

Does anyone feel that Kaine should get his other powers back?
    That would be cool.

Spectacular Member

Now that the ultimate universe is back and may be played around with later, should they bring back ultimate Kaine back as the ultimate scarlet spider? Since ultimate Peter Parker was revealed to be effectively immortal, his clones should in fact all be immortal to some extent right? So there is a real possibility of them returning.

Now that the ultimate universe is back and may be played around with later, should they bring back ultimate Kaine back as the ultimate scarlet spider? Since ultimate Peter Parker was revealed to be effectively immortal, his clones should in fact all be immortal to some extent right? So there is a real possibility of them returning.
    That's an interesting thought, and technically, Ultimate Spider-Woman is already in the same role as Scarlet Spider, so . . .

Spectacular Member

Ultimate spider-woman served more of a Jessica Drew/ Silk sort of role to me. Someone who was a badass but trying to relearn the world. Ultimate Kaine could definitely serve as the ultimate scarlet spider since both scarlet spiders in the prime universe(616) now have done horrible things just like him and are trying to find redemption.

Kaine before his "Scarlet Spider" days.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Spider-Man 2005

Kaine Parker question, so what issue/series of Spider-Man does Kaine return from being imprisoned? I know it's a plot involving Raptor, but I don't know the name of the serials/comic arc.

EDIT: NVM Hypno-Hustler answered it for me

ASM #608-610, which is the ‘Who was Ben Reilly?’ arc with Raptor.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Spectacular Member

Anybody else catch Kaine’s cameo in the latest friendly neighborhood spider-man issue. He is part of the sinister 60.

Astonishing Member

Anybody else catch Kaine’s cameo in the latest friendly neighborhood spider-man issue. He is part of the sinister 60.
    Why would he be part of a Sinister ANYTHING? He’s a hero. Sounds like a junk appearance, and I haven’t heard great things about the writing on that book so I’m not surprised.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    My favourite time period for Kaine has to be him as the Scarlet Spider with Hummingbird. The interactions between the two and with other characters. Christopher Yost did a great job on the solo series and the New Warriors as well.
    What I want to see is a partnership between Kaine and Moondragon...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "The Lost Years" and "Redemption," mainly, as those explore Kaine's and Ben Reilly's backstories and how they intertwine, along with The Trial of Peter Parker (where Kaine is revealed to be the defective first clone of Peter) and The Return of Kaine (taking place during Ben Reilly's time as Spider-Man).
    pretty much this

if you feel like stretching it, there’s some decent future kaine stuff in spider-girl
    troo fan or death