Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Im so happy I just had to share

At the start of 2018 I was an unhealthy man. I topped the scales at 301 pounds. I know what you are thinking. An overweight comic book nerd Unheard of. So after talking with my doctor I decided to do something about it. I started a diet and exercise program. It wasnt always easy and I slipped a couple of times. But I am happy to say that after 13 months I have lost 61 pounds. I am feeling much better. Have more energy, my breathing is better, over all I am in much better health. My goal for this year is to get down to 220 pounds. Sorry if it seems like I am bragging but like I said in the tittle I am so happy I just had to share.

Thanks for listening.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

That's awesome! Way to go. Keep going.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Good luck with it.

Don't know where you are, but around where I am in northeastern U.S./bottom corner of New England (Connecticut), I know the holidays and cold winter months can make it too easy to reduce your activity and just curl up with fattening junk or "comfort" food.

Good for you man!
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Invincible Member

Congrats! Keep up the good work!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    At the start of 2018 I was an unhealthy man. I topped the scales at 301 pounds. I know what you are thinking. An overweight comic book nerd Unheard of. So after talking with my doctor I decided to do something about it. I started a diet and exercise program. It wasnt always easy and I slipped a couple of times. But I am happy to say that after 13 months I have lost 61 pounds. I am feeling much better. Have more energy, my breathing is better, over all I am in much better health. My goal for this year is to get down to 220 pounds. Sorry if it seems like I am bragging but like I said in the tittle I am so happy I just had to share.

Thanks for listening.
    - Virtual fistbump -

Well done! Be sure to keep us posted

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Thats why I love this place so much. Everyone is friendly and supportive. Thanks again.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Awesome stuff, tbaron! Hope you'll keep at it and hit that goal of 220 lbs. And don't get too down on yourself if you happen to run into some delays along the way; just keep your head up!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Fair play! That's some going. Congrats and keep going!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Great work. I know for myself it can be hard and trying to keep motivation during the cold months can be hard, but it's great to hear. Keep up the great work.

Boisterously Confused

Fantastic! Keep at it!

Aside from it being cold, New Year's Resolutioners can make workouts crowded. Don't let that slow you down.

What exercise regimine are you on?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

That's amazing! Congrats on all your hard work paying off.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations! I think that is a problem shared by many. Keep up the good work and good habits!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Fantastic! Keep at it!

Aside from it being cold, New Year's Resolutioners can make workouts crowded. Don't let that slow you down.

What exercise regimine are you on?
    To be honest my workout is not that hard. I walk/jog 4 miles a day. Do jumping jacks and sit ups. I also drink a gallon of water a day instead of soda and surgery drinks like koolaid and such.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post

Thanks for listening.
    Sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the good work!