Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Seeing all this stupid YouTube videos makes me want to replay a scene from "Jay and Silent Bob strike back". Would take quite some time to do though.

I mean seeing all that "she does not smile" stuff was stupid enough, but now it takes that to a whole new level.
    What scene? Are you talking about the end?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    As a white guy Im so heavily catered to by the general media that frankly it'd be nice to see something different. Its why I liked Black Panther. Afro-futurism is so rarely seen on the big screen. Am I supposed to be annoyed that it shits on white people at times ? I'm British, my nation literally owned one third of the planet via rocking up to undeveloped nations and putting guns to their head. To ignore that is ridiculous.
    The movie doesn't **** on white people though...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think it is more just this particular woman lead. The bloggers and YouTube folks love Alita Battle Angel and most everyone was fine with Wonder Woman so it can't just be they hate women or are racist.
    Or homophobic in the case of Wonder Woman, being as it was well known the Wonder Woman also took pleasure in women. Most the hate of Captain Marvel seems to be because Brie Larson is being sexist and racist
    towards white men. At least that is how she comes off to them. That she hates white men. So to say they are racist, sexist, and homophobic because they don't like Captain Marvel is disingenuous. When someone
    attacks a group of people based on their race or gender of course there is going to be push back by those people.
    Well, it's this actress playing this particular character. Carol Danvers became a symbol of out of control PC Culture to some folks, so they were predisposed to disliking this movie no matter what. It's not that people who dislike the CM movie are automatically sexist, it's that the anti-SJW crowd were inventing reasons to trash it even if those reasons don't make sense. And for the record, Larson did not attack white men. That's just the way some folks are trying to spin it in an attempt to justify their "outrage."

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, it's this actress playing this particular character. Carol Danvers became a symbol of out of control PC Culture to some folks, so they were predisposed to disliking this movie no matter what. It's not that people who dislike the CM movie are automatically sexist, it's that the anti-SJW crowd were inventing reasons to trash it even if those reasons don't make sense. And for the record, Larson did not attack white men. That's just the way some folks are trying to spin it in an attempt to justify their "outrage."
    Black Panther got some blowback and TLJ aswell. Wonder Woman got some but not as much. I honestly think it might have as much to do with Disney. People who believe there is some Disney conspiracy probaly also believe flat earth, and lean a certain way politicaly. All of this is a vocal minority. Kinda how SJW has become a slur to some people because they put some of the crazy fringe stuffs small vocal minority do on all SJWs. I remember blowback when there was fake outrage that Genuwine was a horrible human and transphobic/homophobic because he wouldnt sleep with a transwomen. Turns out most people were more bothered by the fact the transwomen was harassing him but a very small group of people were very loud. And then news sources pick it up and your lead to believe people think Genuwine is a monster because he not sexually attracted to transwomen. When no like a few very loud people thought that. So other then tanking RT scores these people dont mean much. Theres not enough of them, they just make alot of noise. If news outlets ignored them they would go away but they keep getting attention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Looks like this thread is no longer about the movie but big numbers and other movies. Sad.
    Every f*cking thread about any Marvel-related movie (even non-MCU ones) devolves into this ****, and it's usually due to the same few suspects (one of whom keeps avoiding a ban by creating new usernames).

Back on topic.. anyone think there is any Easter egg to the Ms marvel costume? I'd love to see the Thunderbolt and sash even if it's just something in a throw away joke. Carol is still Ms Marvel in my head, when I hear captain Marvel my first thought is shazam or even Mar-Vell. So a little Ms Marvel costume Easter egg would make me smile.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Back on topic.. anyone think there is any Easter egg to the Ms marvel costume? I'd love to see the Thunderbolt and sash even if it's just something in a throw away joke. Carol is still Ms Marvel in my head, when I hear captain Marvel my first thought is shazam or even Mar-Vell. So a little Ms Marvel costume Easter egg would make me smile.
    I can see there being a line or 2 referencing it but I doubt there’s anything more than that.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Spoiler alert. Your opinion is not 'proof'
    Dude you totally should have started your post with "Grandmother said this"

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Dude you totally should have started your post with "Grandmother said this"

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I can see there being a line or 2 referencing it but I doubt there’s anything more than that.
    Honestly I'll settle for just a sash, no lighting bolt or Domino mask.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't keep the sash for the base design since it was a staple even with her Captain Marvel costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Blast from the paaast.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The movie doesn't **** on white people though...
    I agree, beyond some of the vague coloniser stuff* its pretty good. But the way the Internet lashback has been you'd think they were killing white people every scene.

*Which I'm fine with but saw people freaking out over.

BANNED

Black Panther got some blowback and TLJ aswell. Wonder Woman got some but not as much. I honestly think it might have as much to do with Disney. People who believe there is some Disney conspiracy probaly also believe flat earth, and lean a certain way politicaly. All of this is a vocal minority. Kinda how SJW has become a slur to some people because they put some of the crazy fringe stuffs small vocal minority do on all SJWs. I remember blowback when there was fake outrage that Genuwine was a horrible human and transphobic/homophobic because he wouldnt sleep with a transwomen. Turns out most people were more bothered by the fact the transwomen was harassing him but a very small group of people were very loud. And then news sources pick it up and your lead to believe people think Genuwine is a monster because he not sexually attracted to transwomen. When no like a few very loud people thought that. So other then tanking RT scores these people dont mean much. Theres not enough of them, they just make alot of noise. If news outlets ignored them they would go away but they keep getting attention.
    News outlets have agendas, many of them get free access to some Disney love.

I remember blowback when there was fake outrage that Genuwine was a horrible human and transphobic/homophobic because he wouldnt sleep with a transwomen
    Never heard the story of Genuwine called a homophobe for saying he won't sleep with trans women but some can relate to him, since we were called racists for saying black panther should not have gotten a best picture nomination over objectively better movies. Do people care about ours or Genuwine content of reason? We were labelled racists and homophboes before we could finish a sentience.

So other then tanking RT scores these people dont mean much. Theres not enough of them, they just make alot of noise. If news outlets ignored them they would go away but they keep getting attention.
    I don't condone tanking rt scores but critics are the people that started it for choosing not to be honest with reviews. these is how some fight back against biased critics. two wrongs don't make a right but the first wrong is usually the one with the biggest faults. No movie should get good reviews because the cast is black or the cast is female. can someone remind critics again of this fact.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 02-23-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    News outlets have agendas, many of them get free access to some Disney love.

Never heard the story of Genuwine called a homophobe for saying he won't sleep with trans women but some can relate to him, since we were called racists for saying black panther should not have gotten a best picture nomination over objectively better movies. Do people care about ours or Genuwine content of reason? We were labelled racists and homophboes before we could finish a sentience.

I don't condone tanking rt scores but critics are the people that started it for choosing not to be honest with reviews. these is how some fight back against biased critics. two wrongs don't make a right but the first wrong is usually the one with the biggest faults. No movie should get good reviews because the cast is black or the cast is female. can someone remind critics again of this fact.
    Oh jesus

Other movies arent objectively better. By every objective metric audiences loved Panther. So that's just your opinion not objective in anyway. Personally I think Infinity war was better but again just my opinion not objectively true.

What bad movies are getting good RT scores because they have a female or diverse cast? Black Panther? Nope audiences loved it, it's one if the biggest movies ever and thee biggest solo cbm movie. CAPTAIN Marvel? You and the people making bad reviews havent seen it yet. But no ones here is gonna be surprised when you say it's the worst movie ever.

Calling a movie that was loved by audiences crap that only gets any attention because it has a black cast makes you sound racist. It's not critics audiences loved Black Panther too. Adults... kids... everyone... it was a cultural phenomenon.