Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Critical acclaim means nothing because they're all paid off shills.
    Do you have proof? Seems like a pretty big accusation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Critical acclaim means nothing because they're all paid off shills and refuse to critique any of these films because "lol, jokes and they fit the social climate". .
    I can't believe some still bring up critical acclaim even when many mcu fans admitted aquaman was better than ant man 2 and there is so much evidence out there, there is a bias

The fans have a cult-like admiration of these movies and pretend they can do no wrong and will never admit they're all just painfully average action/comedies, and likely won't until they finally outgrow this genre
    I brought up how captain marvel looking to be like another painfully average action/comedy is a bad sign for what x-men will be like, jetengine doesnt even tell me I am wrong, he makes it about shill critical acclaim and admiration as if it changes the truth of what is going to happen with future mcu movies since CM and X-Men are now the next phase of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Do you have proof? Seems like a pretty big accusation.
    The Moon landings were fake.

The earth is actually flat.

Han didn't shoot first.

All undeniable facts.
    The J-man

I dont try because I've done so before and you X-movie fans dont want to hear any of it. The mouse is an evil all consuming monster in your eyes so you'd rather have painfully mediocre X-movies by a company that just cant get franchises right.

Well, now there's been a press screening, and the reactions have been great. Of course, they usually are at these things, so take it for what it's worth. Below is CBR's article, which contains tweets from people who have seen it.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-first-reactions/

Quote Originally Posted by CBR

Captain Marvel: First Reactions Praise 'Surprising,' 'Badass' Film

Following a press screening, the first reactions to Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel are rolling in. Overwhelmingly positive, the responses call the film surprising in all the right ways, defying expectation and bursting with fun and laughter.

According to critics, Captain Marvel swings for the fences and makes some ambitious choices, even as it captures the atmosphere of its '90s setting. What's more, Carol Danvers herself Brie Larson "literally shines" and brings "sass, strength and energy" to the role. Ben Mendelsohn, who has hardly appeared in the trailers to date, earns a lot of praise for his scene-stealing portrayal of Skrull leader Talos. Carol's feline companion Goose also looks to be winning hearts.
    advertising

The future of the MCU gets even brighter adding #CaptainMarvel to the mix. Really fell for @brielarson’s sass, strength & energy in the role. Same with @LashanaLynch too! Ben Mendelsohn is A+ casting as Talos. And yes, Goose is a scene stealer. 2nd viewing can’t come soon enough.
    — Perri Nemiroff (@PNemiroff) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel: Well, Thanos is fucked.
    — Angie J. Han (@ajhan) February 20, 2019

#captainmarvel had space battles, car chases, an amazing 90s soundtrack and an ADORABLE ��! A surprisingly fun script, laughed so much!!! Great to finally see this kick-butt heroine in action �� pic.twitter.com/Res8K8wMA7
    — Jacki Jing (@JackiJing) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is (takes deep 90s breath) TOTALLY AWESOME. Never related to a Marvel character quite like Carol. She’s the stubborn witty 90s kid I like to think I am. pic.twitter.com/H6Q9s90KHA
    — Ash Crossan (@AshCrossan) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel was my ultimate 90s nerd girl fever dream + a cat. ���� �� ✈️ Ben Mendelssohn gives Samuel L Jackson a run for his scene-stealer $$$. But it’s ultimately cool AF to see @brielarson harness the power of being “just a girl” �� pic.twitter.com/bFHUwa3Gb8
    — Angelique Jackson (@angelique814) February 20, 2019

Some initial #CaptainMarvel reactions:

1. Cat people will love this movie.
    2. Several truly magnificent music moments for this 90s kid.
    3. Carol's hero moment was very cathartic/true to the female experience, imho.
    4. The MCU feels more complete now that Carol is in it. ♥️
    — Kayti Burt (@kaytiburt) February 20, 2019

Fans of #CaptainMarvel comics are going to love the movie. Plain and simple.
    — Brandon Davis (@BrandonDavisBD) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is pure joy. I cannot wait for the generation of little girls who will grow up with Carol Danvers as a hero.
    — Devan Coggan (@devancoggan) February 20, 2019

Really loved #CaptainMarvel. It’s a little wobbly at times but only because it’s so ambitious. It’s beautifully constructed, hilarious and offers tons of surprises. @brielarson obviously rules but Ben Mendelsohn is the surprise MVP. pic.twitter.com/yQLQGl2Yt0
    — Drew Taylor (@DrewTailored) February 20, 2019

CAPTAIN MARVEL isn’t what I expected based on marketing. It’s pretty much an “all in” cosmic space movie. Also, it’s a lot weirder than I expected. Ben Mendelsohn is awesome as Talos.
    — Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) February 20, 2019

Captain Marvel is a blast! Has some cool surprises that I definitely didn't see coming, and the mystery/origin it weaves is engaging and fun. Brie Larson is awesome, and makes a fantastic first step into the MCU #CaptainMarvel pic.twitter.com/oqrRtgDQrp
    — Eric Eisenberg (@eeisenberg) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel has a great ‘90s sci-fi vibe w/ a tone unlike any other Marvel movie, really. It’s retro & trippy, mysterious & dorky. It’s funny in surprising places & badass in all the right places. It remains entertaining because it’s always changing. It’s got the right stuff pic.twitter.com/o7AvqYY63x
    — Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is a welcome addition to the #MCU. The movie is really well done with some great moments. #benmendelsohn steals almost every scene he's in. @brielarson literally shines in the role. So ready for #AvengersEndGame pic.twitter.com/GET0socRjl
    — Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is RADICAL! An awesome 90s period piece & total recalibration of the MCU as we know it! From the brief Winter Soldier cameo to the six full episodes of Friends that play consecutively through a majority of the film’s runtime, this might be my favorite MCU flick yet
    — Ben Mekler (@benmekler) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel is a great origin story. Brie’s buddy cop chemistry with @SamuelLJackson is so much fun and her relationship with Lashana Lynch is the real heart of it. Ben Mendelsohn and the cat both steal the show.
    — Peter Sciretta (@slashfilm) February 20, 2019

#CaptainMarvel was a lot of fun! Just enough ‘90s nostalgia without overdoing it. Brie Larson is great. Ditto Sam Jackson & Ben Mendelsohn. Goose the cat is purr-fect. Some nice surprises and clever decisions throughout. Cool sci-fi elements. And funny! Thumbs up! pic.twitter.com/PzzxXir8pZ
    — Jim Vejvoda (@JimVejvoda) February 20, 2019

Previous tracking from Deadline had a $100 million opening, $20 million more or less for Captain Marvel.

Now, Hollywood Reporter is saying that their tracking is that CM will open to at least $120 million.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ar-low-1187519

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter
    Tracking suggests Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson, will open to $120 million or more domestically. It's the first in a string of Disney tentpoles this year, to be followed by Dumbo, Avengers: Endgame, The Lion King, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2 and Star Wars: Episode IX.
    No one is still going anywhere near that $160 million from a few weeks ago, but tracking seem to be improving. We'll see what the next couple of weeks brings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Well, now there's been a press screening, and the reactions have been great. Of course, they usually are at these things, so take it for what it's worth. Below is CBR's article, which contains tweets from people who have seen it.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-first-reactions/
    Wonder why people are acting it is a new thing. this is the standard PR promotion. disney does with their movies. is it me or are critics avoiding wonder woman not getting mentioned.

No one is still going anywhere near that $160 million from a few weeks ago, but tracking seem to be improving. We'll see what the next couple of weeks brings.

The shill word of mouth is to help the tracking. 160 million was just too huge but Disney needs the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I dont try because I've done so before and you X-movie fans dont want to hear any of it. The mouse is an evil all consuming monster in your eyes .
    Are you saying x-men fans hate logan, dofp? but will like captain marvel's hilarious jokes? Even as a dc fan I know x-men is not like mcu movies.

so you'd rather have painfully mediocre X-movies by a company that just cant get franchises right
    Does not seem the mouse is getting captain marvel right when you cut the pie. wishy washy reviews, false gender wars. Go back and read logan's early reactions tell me which is painfully mediocre compared to the mcu usual reactions. read DOFP early reaction come back and tell me which is painfully mediocre. only painful mediocre movies needs to use cheap politics to hide the mediocrity of a movie. remember black panther's mediocre cgi? Captain marvel looks almost as bad when she is in space flying.

Look's like I was right about the PR strategy , somehow we are the bad guys.

Last edited by Jeramas; 02-20-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Look's like I was right about the PR strategy , somehow we are the bad guys.

Well, I watched much of the video, and I would agree with what it's saying in the sense that people aren't "review bombing" the movie because it hasn't come out yet, so there is no audience score.

However, there are 5 pages of comments where a lot of people are complaining about what they think the movie will be or have a bone to pick with Brie Larson.

So, the only audience metric we have right now, since we can't get an "Audience Score," is the "Want to See" score, which is 62%. That seems low for a Marvel movie (but I've never looked at those scores for other MCU movies), so I guess "review bombing" is accurate as far as RT users posting lots of negative comments with the associated "Not Interested" tag, bringing the "Want to See" score down.

However, I also acknowledge the big disparity in RT critics and audience scores for Alita: Battle Angel. Critics: 60%, Audience: 93%. Even Aquaman (65% vs. 78% wasn't as polarizing on RT.

Well the Twitter reactions to the early screening are great which makes me me want to see this a bit more then I did before. Trailers still meh but they weren't bad just didnt get me hyped but Brie Larson and Ben Mindelson seem to be getting most the praise. Cant wait for the embargo to lift so we get full reviews.

If all the reviews start coming back on the positive side I'm sure we will hear the usual Disney paid everyone off non sense.

Mighty Member

I have this advice for Captain Marvel fans - go see it and judge for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I have this advice for Captain Marvel fans - go see it and judge for yourselves.
    Not a fan of the character at all. I dont dislike her but never found her overly interesting but yea I see every CBM regardless just because I'm glad we live in a world where my childhood is being brought to life. Was gonna see it first Tuesday but now ima buy my preview night tickets I think.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    X-Movie fans? the x-movies could adapt X-Men stories when Disney can't. Who wants to watch xmen movies of hilarious and jokes when the comics are not hilarious and jokes as their movies have shown. The early reactions of captain marvel is a future early reviews for MCU X-men. Do those reviews look like captain marvel is on the standard of Logan and DOFP? poor x-men to get watered down to something like a captain marvel's hilarious jokes.

Captain marvel is obviously a sign for what xmen will be like in the mcu. from those reviews, I feel bad for xmen.
    I do think Marvel have made a mistake trying to turn so many of their films into comedies. I like humour, but yes, the X Men were more on the 'serous' wavelength.
    For me the best Marvel movies were the Captain America trilogy. I only wish they could have gone down that road with Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I dont try because I've done so before and you X-movie fans dont want to hear any of it. The mouse is an evil all consuming monster in your eyes so you'd rather have painfully mediocre X-movies by a company that just cant get franchises right.
    A gentle reminder that Marvel and Disney have got every single Marvel franchise right, even the ones I didn't like (looking at you, Ragnarok).

Every. Single. One.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    A gentle reminder that Marvel and Disney have got every single Marvel franchise right, even the ones I didn't like (looking at you, Ragnarok).

Every. Single. One.
    I don't remember marvel being so hilarious and filled with jokes or cheap trills. Spiderman, GOTG, Thor, Ant-Man, Iron Man post part 1 all got screwed up. my standard for marvel used to be high. Disney brought it down. if you use that low standard than Disney has gotten it right.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I do think Marvel have made a mistake trying to turn so many of their films into comedies. I like humour, but yes, the X Men were more on the 'serous' wavelength.
    For me the best Marvel movies were the Captain America trilogy. I only wish they could have gone down that road with Thor.
    And why I said poor X-Men as x-men will go down that road, what is so hilarious about captain marvel? Alita was on a serious wave length and she is a teen.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 02-20-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post

Every. Single. One.

I wasnt just reffering to X-men, look at Aliens and Predator etc.